Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 391 - 400 of 402 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Forum » Thread

wow looks great
did you use a pattern? I've been considering a bivy as my first project. What was the difficulty level? any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave

In Make Your Own Gear » First Project - Cuben/Momentum Bivy
May 03, 7:38pm

Definition of open fires
I wonder if the bushbuddy stove fits the definition of an open fire. I've had some " wild " fires while trying to prime my white gas stove. I now use a canister stove, but I am intrig...

In GEAR » Bushbuddy
May 01, 5:33am

take some classes
If you've decided to buy a $100 fly rod and pair it with a $20 reel, don't forget the backing-fly line- leaders tippets and flies. If you've never fly fished, I would recommend taking a...

In GEAR » Spinning Rod
April 12, 8:33pm

try this site - compactFishingGear.com
They have telescoping rods from light weight to saltwater. I recently took one on a weeklong trip and had no trouble hauling in pike. I fashioned a rod tip cover that velcros around the reel - so t...

In GEAR » Spinning Rod
April 11, 8:39pm

Soot Factor ?
This stove has me curious. I like the idea of no re-supply and a lighter pack. I have only used a heavy whisper-lite and a giga power stove. How do you handle to soot produced and deposited on your...

In GEAR » Bushbuddy
March 31, 7:57am

If Mid-west = Michigan
Great thread. You will make some good memories with your son. If you are located in Michigan, shoot me an e-mail or ask me to post here. I have done some fun hikes with my son and would be glad to ...

In GEAR » Do you pack your “survival essentials” on you rather than in your pack?
March 31, 7:31am

telescoping rod
I know this sounds like the cheapos you see at wal mart, but check out this website. They have ultralight to saltwater rods, spinning and fly. www.compactfishinggear.com I took one to Isle Royal...

In Fishing » Lightweight rod and reel
March 25, 8:21pm

it is all relative
Come on now, you can't seriously be worried about a microliter of untreated water. This guy wasn't: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/sipping_water_drinking_untreat...

In Editor's Roundtable » SteriPEN Adventurer Water Purifier REVIEW
March 25, 4:49pm

I agree with Linda
I have used the original Steri-pen with the pre-filter for about a year now with no major issues. There is a learning curve with all new gear, but this one is fairly easy to master. I'm not a f...

In Editor's Roundtable » SteriPEN Adventurer Water Purifier REVIEW
March 19, 7:52pm

oven liner
Hey John, I found a disposable oven liner at Wal-Mart for cheap. Just cut off the edges and you're good to go. I put a half-slot in the top and and opposing slot in the bottom so that it wou...

In Editor's Roundtable » Taming Those Large Flexible Foil Windshields
January 17, 2:00pm

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am