Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 391 - 399 of 399 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Forum » Thread

try this site - compactFishingGear.com
They have telescoping rods from light weight to saltwater. I recently took one on a weeklong trip and had no trouble hauling in pike. I fashioned a rod tip cover that velcros around the reel - so t...

In GEAR » Spinning Rod
April 11, 8:39pm

Soot Factor ?
This stove has me curious. I like the idea of no re-supply and a lighter pack. I have only used a heavy whisper-lite and a giga power stove. How do you handle to soot produced and deposited on your...

In GEAR » Bushbuddy
March 31, 7:57am

If Mid-west = Michigan
Great thread. You will make some good memories with your son. If you are located in Michigan, shoot me an e-mail or ask me to post here. I have done some fun hikes with my son and would be glad to ...

In GEAR » Do you pack your “survival essentials” on you rather than in your pack?
March 31, 7:31am

telescoping rod
I know this sounds like the cheapos you see at wal mart, but check out this website. They have ultralight to saltwater rods, spinning and fly. www.compactfishinggear.com I took one to Isle Royal...

In Fishing » Lightweight rod and reel
March 25, 8:21pm

it is all relative
Come on now, you can't seriously be worried about a microliter of untreated water. This guy wasn't: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/sipping_water_drinking_untreat...

In Editor's Roundtable » SteriPEN Adventurer Water Purifier REVIEW
March 25, 4:49pm

I agree with Linda
I have used the original Steri-pen with the pre-filter for about a year now with no major issues. There is a learning curve with all new gear, but this one is fairly easy to master. I'm not a f...

In Editor's Roundtable » SteriPEN Adventurer Water Purifier REVIEW
March 19, 7:52pm

oven liner
Hey John, I found a disposable oven liner at Wal-Mart for cheap. Just cut off the edges and you're good to go. I put a half-slot in the top and and opposing slot in the bottom so that it wou...

In Editor's Roundtable » Taming Those Large Flexible Foil Windshields
January 17, 2:00pm

try the steripen's site
I have been using the steripen and find it to satisfactory for my needs. Many of your questions can be answered at their site. They even offer the microbial studies for your review. I was still ske...

In Editor's Roundtable » Meridian Designs AquaStar Plus Ultraviolet Light Water Purifier REVIEW
October 03, 9:07pm

answer to question
Male Color is not a big factor. I think that a light weight solar cell aray to charge batteries would be cool. Either sewn into the fabric, or as an overlay to a backback, hat or coat. It wou...

In Multiple Use Gear » Help Needed
May 03, 7:32pm

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am