BPL Community Profile

Kevin Beeden (captain_paranoia) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me Kevin Beeden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Beeden

Showing 391 - 400 of 433 | Page: 1 ...25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Forum » Thread

tempting...
Could be just what I need for a bivy-tent project that's been on the back burner for a few years. I'll look at the potential fabric lay-up and see how much I need. And how much it would...

In Make Your Own Gear » Combined order for green cuben - Anybody want some?
September 18, 10:42am

destroying the evidence...?
> A fascinating new use for DNA... I don't think David is burning bits of finger he's cut off on the sharp edges. Or maybe he's swabbing his cuts with denatured alcohol ;-)

In Make Your Own Gear » Bottle cap stove
September 18, 10:15am

cutting out the cap
> You should cut the top completely off. I use a technique I found whilst experimenting with MYOG insulated cups. I take a pair of scribing dividers, and set a small gap (about 3mm)*. I t...

September 18, 10:12am

an absorptive and conductive tray may be useful...
> Thermal mass and thermal conductivity have little to nothing to do with it. I'm aware that the thing relies on reflecting heat, but I suspected Gary was referring to the tray. You want...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reflector Oven... Pizza and Muffins anyone?
September 18, 9:54am

I like it
Nice work, Dan. > It's probably more efficient than aluminum, since titanium should hold the heat better Gary, I'm not sure I follow you. The heat capacity of Ti is 0.52J/gK, and ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reflector Oven... Pizza and Muffins anyone?
September 17, 12:16pm

use of wicking material
> but stuffing them with a little wicking material makes them much safer because they don't spill when tipped. Agreed. > The wick also significantly increases heat output. Also t...

September 11, 8:00am

success
I knocked up a pan support last night, from a gash 500ml can lying around, and used the remainder of the can as a pot for test purposes. Worked fine, except for a little 'flame lift-off'...

September 11, 7:56am

thanks
> Its the top of a 12 oz alum keg can. Ah, yeah, I'd heard that the US Heini cans are tougher than the average bear (apologies for any unintended US euphemisms...) > Actually I have...

September 10, 12:52pm

nice little system
Simple 'tealight' burners work remarkably well, don't they? For all the craft you can use to make more complicated burners, an open-cup burner is as simple as it gets, and can be made ...

September 10, 12:05pm

another valve possibility
I bought one of these a while ago, with a possible view to use as a lightweight meths bottle. The valve seems very air-tight, and the pouch must be HDPE or PP. I'd imagine that a heat-seale...

In Make Your Own Gear » Polytethylene inflatable and soda bottle valve
August 04, 11:53am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Beeden

Kevin Beeden has posted no reviews.