Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steven Hanlon (asciibaron) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid Atlantic
About Me father of two great boys, electronic musician, and avid cyclist. i also backpack. ;)
CityPhiladelphia
StatePA
My Website URLhttp://asciibaron.hopto.org
My PDF Gear ListShoulder Season Tent and Tarp

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Hanlon

Showing 391 - 400 of 451 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Forum » Thread

boxer briefs and bodyglide
i wear boxer briefs with some bodyglide in the upper groin region. i used to wear REI branded boxer briefs, but they just don't hold up well. i have switched to ExOfficio and they perform muc...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How do I avoid chafing?
December 29, 12:42pm

Klear Water
i have stopped carrying a mechanical filtration system and use Klear Water instead. it is available direct http://www.klearwater.com/ i have used several pumps and after a long day on the trail...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Water purifier or ??
December 29, 12:27pm

what a great thread
i love that everyone has a perma-grin. here's fat Steve back in July atop Clingman's Dome on the AT i'm not THAT huge, it was REALLY windy ;)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ugly Mugs
December 29, 12:25pm

having read the article (wow)...
i have hiked in the night with only the light of a full moon and clear sky. the moonlight was so bright i could not sleep so after laying there for 3 hours i did some quick calculating and figured...

In Philosophy & Technique » Peripheral vision
December 29, 12:01pm

several months later...
went to the doctor and got some x-rays of my foot - two real nice heel spurs. i'm at the point where i can put sustained pressure on the heel, but it still hurts after walking or standing for ...

In Philosophy & Technique » dealing with heel pain
December 29, 11:52am

how to loose the weight?
the OP's comment doesn't make sense. getting out and exercising is part of why i like backpacking, and i lost over 25 pounds in a year as a result. carrying a heavy pack while being overwe...

In Philosophy & Technique » ULers Carrying an Extra 20-40 lbs - WHY?!
August 30, 9:48pm

ouch
in the morning, my heel pain is just awful. if i let hot water run on it in the shower, it "loosens up' and i can walk on it. i have a heel cup in my shoe and that seems to be helping. ...

August 30, 9:32pm

dealing with heel pain
my left heel will occassionally hurt - not just ache, but transmit the worst pain i've ever felt. i thought it was a heel spur, but it gets better, eventually. anyone have some ways to de...

August 28, 12:43pm

nice collection
i'll drink to that (and help make another stove, and another, and another). hehe. i need to find something for winter. the iso is not so good and the white fuel is HEAVY.

In Photo Gallery » Too many stove options-I need to focus.
May 04, 5:42pm

Batona in May?
if you plan on doing the Batona, bring your scuba gear, the swamps will be swampy. this passes right near my in-laws and we have done some day swamping, er hiking and it's interesting. bring ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Black Forest Trail (PA)
May 04, 10:40am

All Reader Reviews by Steven Hanlon

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Marmot Precip Jacket Mens
i picked up my Marmot Precip in 2005 from REI for $42.83 - i figured i couldn't go wrong at that price. if it didn't work well for backpacking, i could wear it as a casual jacket. it has b...

In Clothing - Raingear
November 11, 8:13am

McHale 0-Sarc UL
I have the SARC Chasm version and would recommend this pack to anyone who has suffered with ill fitting mass produced packs. It's a tad on the heavy side, but for me, that's not a problem sin...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 27, 5:34pm