Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steven Hanlon (asciibaron) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid Atlantic
About Me father of two great boys, electronic musician, and avid cyclist. i also backpack. ;)
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListShoulder Season Tent and Tarp

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Hanlon

Showing 391 - 400 of 455 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: taking my Nikon DSLR along??
saw another thread and i'll take a look at the Lowe Rez case. i might just buy a new thin digicam that i can just put in my hip belt pocket

In Photography » taking my Nikon DSLR along??
December 30, 5:37am

taking my Nikon DSLR along??
i have never thought to bring my Nikon D70 DSLR along on a trip. i have a massive camera bag but i'm not gonna lug that around - what do y'all recommend for protecting my camera and a seco...

In Photography » taking my Nikon DSLR along??
December 29, 7:17pm

my rules are simple
1. if you get hurt tell someone 2. help collect fire wood 3. share food, gear, fun 4. wait for slower hikers at junctions 5. don't complain one of the best "large group" trip...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unwritten Rules of Backpacking with Buddies
December 29, 2:39pm

i have switched to a low arch footbed and that has really helped, as has stretching the calf. the pain is nothing like it was - beign able to walk from my desk to my car used to be the longest i c...

In Philosophy & Technique » dealing with heel pain
December 29, 1:17pm

boxer briefs and bodyglide
i wear boxer briefs with some bodyglide in the upper groin region. i used to wear REI branded boxer briefs, but they just don't hold up well. i have switched to ExOfficio and they perform muc...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How do I avoid chafing?
December 29, 12:42pm

Klear Water
i have stopped carrying a mechanical filtration system and use Klear Water instead. it is available direct i have used several pumps and after a long day on the trail...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Water purifier or ??
December 29, 12:27pm

what a great thread
i love that everyone has a perma-grin. here's fat Steve back in July atop Clingman's Dome on the AT i'm not THAT huge, it was REALLY windy ;)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ugly Mugs
December 29, 12:25pm

having read the article (wow)...
i have hiked in the night with only the light of a full moon and clear sky. the moonlight was so bright i could not sleep so after laying there for 3 hours i did some quick calculating and figured...

In Philosophy & Technique » Peripheral vision
December 29, 12:01pm

several months later...
went to the doctor and got some x-rays of my foot - two real nice heel spurs. i'm at the point where i can put sustained pressure on the heel, but it still hurts after walking or standing for ...

In Philosophy & Technique » dealing with heel pain
December 29, 11:52am

how to loose the weight?
the OP's comment doesn't make sense. getting out and exercising is part of why i like backpacking, and i lost over 25 pounds in a year as a result. carrying a heavy pack while being overwe...

In Philosophy & Technique » ULers Carrying an Extra 20-40 lbs - WHY?!
August 30, 9:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Steven Hanlon

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Marmot Precip Jacket Mens
i picked up my Marmot Precip in 2005 from REI for $42.83 - i figured i couldn't go wrong at that price. if it didn't work well for backpacking, i could wear it as a casual jacket. it has b...

In Clothing - Raingear
November 11, 8:13am

McHale 0-Sarc UL
I have the SARC Chasm version and would recommend this pack to anyone who has suffered with ill fitting mass produced packs. It's a tad on the heavy side, but for me, that's not a problem sin...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 27, 5:34pm