BPL Community Profile

Hamish McHamish (El_Canyon) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Hamish McHamish has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hamish McHamish

Showing 391 - 400 of 404 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Forum » Thread

_
I'm glad to see the Terra Nova's efforts at innovation. Thanks for the review. "Still in the territory where my wife would quite rightly go into shock if I bought one." But...

In Editor's Roundtable » Terra Nova Laser Ultra 1 Tent Review
June 22, 10:30am

lighters
- If the Bic gets wet it will work again once it's dried. - The childproof tab is easily removed in seconds with needlenose pliers. Mike Clelland illustrates this in his new book. - The ...

In GEAR » The over use of lighters
June 07, 12:29pm

_
I am looking into hammocking as well. I have never slept well on the ground, even on 'good' sites. By the time I include the thick pad and doodads it would take for me to sleep well on th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What's Your View Towards Hammocks?
June 03, 3:26pm

home testing
I used the BPL method to check the volumes of a number of packs I was looking at. The Black Diamond Speed 30 and Speed 40 packs (the old styles, not the bloated current ones) were very accurately ...

In GEAR » Pack Volume Calculation Doesn't Add Up
May 31, 12:09pm

_
Good review Roger. Undies seem mundane until you're 3 days out and getting chafed. Then every step is pain. For those with thicker thighs looking to prevent the inner thigh chafe, Ex Offic...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ex-Officio Give-N-Go Briefs Review
October 13, 8:58am

_
>> Surely someone who spends so much time in the vicious Australian scrub would know... >I make my own trousers as well, and stuff does NOT fall out of the pockets on them. This is e...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Internal Frame Packs: a State of the Market Report - Part 1C: Main Bag & Comfort
September 18, 5:19pm

_
The mistake here is that the author decided to denigrate styles other than his own. Instead of saying "I can't imagine why you would blah blah blah, unlike me..." he should have said...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Internal Frame Packs: a State of the Market Report - Part 1C: Main Bag & Comfort
September 17, 3:47pm

_
"just what gear do you have which would fit into one of these pockets safely, and why couldn't you carry it in a pocket in your trousers?" Lip balm and a couple of food bars to mun...

September 17, 1:57pm

_
Nice article Charles. It mirrors a lot of what I went through. Isn't it ironic that so many people here (including me) are devoted proponents of trekking poles while Jardine has always rail...

In Editor's Roundtable » Everything Weighs Something
May 25, 10:04am

Flash 50
I recently bought the Flash 50 after trying the Exos. Both have the volume & features I wanted. I hike LW, not UL. As a wilderness EMT I just don't roll with 2 feet of duct tape & 3 ...

In Editor's Roundtable » REI Flash 50 and Flash 65 Backpack Review
January 01, 9:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Hamish McHamish

Hamish McHamish has posted no reviews.