Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hamish McHamish (El_Canyon) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Hamish McHamish has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hamish McHamish

Showing 391 - 400 of 419 | Page: 1 ...23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Who's this for?
Talk about overgeneralizing... > A tarp is the perfect shelter for when you don't need one. Then I suppose I didn't really need a shelter that night I stayed 100% dry under my 8x10...

In Editor's Roundtable » Vango Helium Superlite 200 Tent Review
September 28, 3:37pm

Raven
I ordered the standard size Raven with bug net today. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

In GEAR » Titanium Goat Ptarmigan Bivy
September 23, 1:39pm

_
>the author seems to have misused his tarp three ways in three nights, after which point he dismisses that shelter category as a whole. I went back and read that article. You're so right...

In GEAR » shelter musings after some experimentation
September 23, 8:36am

_
Thanks guys, very helpful. Joe over at ZPacks.com offers an 8x10 cuben tarp that weighs just 5.2oz, but in cool, wet conditions wouldn't I still need a bivy sack to protect my down bag fro...

September 22, 9:30am

shelter musings after some experimentation
I'd like to share some things from a recent trip and get your feedback. I know you all have a lot more experience in the UL methods than me. I have been using a 32 ounce 2-man silnylon tent I...

September 21, 10:07am

Re: Thru-hiking
>Part of the reason I live where I do is that I need the outdoors part of my daily life, not just a trip every couple of years or so. Same here bro. Not everyone can constantly take 1, 2, 3 ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking versus Thru-hiking
September 21, 9:19am

_
"Although the Patagonia Down Shirt is a very useful garment, it comes up short on its specifications, is overpriced compared to the competition, and the poor performance of its Deluge DWR trea...

In Editor's Roundtable » Patagonia Ultralight Down Shirt Review
September 13, 2:56pm

concur
>Nice article to read while having my morning coffee....But to what end? Useless info IMHO Concur. As is sometimes the case, I got more value from the comments than the article. I wasn'...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Mid-Height Trail Shoes State of the Market Report 2011
September 03, 12:32pm

shoes
Sometimes I think it would help if shoe reviewers (and commenters) would give more details on the type of terrain they're on when using different footwear. Well defined trails are a different ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Mid-Height Trail Shoes State of the Market Report 2011
September 01, 11:58am

straps
It would be great if someone who has a Verto could measure the length of the shoulder straps from the upper attachment point down to the end of the padding. Please note if the measurement is a str...

In GEAR » The North Face Verto 26 pack?
August 23, 8:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Hamish McHamish

Hamish McHamish has posted no reviews.