Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hamish McHamish (El_Canyon) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Hamish McHamish has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hamish McHamish

Showing 391 - 400 of 425 | Page: 1 ...24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Forum » Thread

_
>He is such a pro with such extensive experience, and the type person >who analyzes every single angle about effective lightweight trail >gear; I can't imagine a better example of a ha...

In GEAR » beaked tarps: a reasonable solution for muliple environments?
October 03, 12:57pm

_
Super info Jesse, its so useful to hear from someone camping in the same type of environment. Can you give some details or pointers on the setups that have worked so well for you? What size MLD t...

October 02, 11:11am

Ray J.
>You might also consider getting Jardine's new book "Tarp Book - Essentials" available on his >web site. It goes into great detail on tarps vs tents Thank you for that Elliot...

October 01, 10:10pm

_
Good info Jennifer, thank you. That ZPacks beaked tarp looks like a great contender. >I should first say I've never been to the appalacians so I don't know how it rains there but >...

October 01, 4:31pm

beaked tarps: a reasonable solution for muliple environments?
The BPL search function won't work for me, tried it with 2 different browsers on 2 computers. I am in the market for a 2-person cuben shelter and I want to keep things light. I don't wa...

September 30, 10:01pm

GPS
Garmin Foretrex weighs 2.26 ounces. Use lithium cells. Gives you everything important from a GPS as long as you can read your paper map.

In GEAR » Electronics and weight
September 28, 10:16pm

Re: Re: Who's this for?
Talk about overgeneralizing... > A tarp is the perfect shelter for when you don't need one. Then I suppose I didn't really need a shelter that night I stayed 100% dry under my 8x10...

In Editor's Roundtable » Vango Helium Superlite 200 Tent Review
September 28, 3:37pm

Raven
I ordered the standard size Raven with bug net today. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

In GEAR » Titanium Goat Ptarmigan Bivy
September 23, 1:39pm

_
>the author seems to have misused his tarp three ways in three nights, after which point he dismisses that shelter category as a whole. I went back and read that article. You're so right...

In GEAR » shelter musings after some experimentation
September 23, 8:36am

_
Thanks guys, very helpful. Joe over at ZPacks.com offers an 8x10 cuben tarp that weighs just 5.2oz, but in cool, wet conditions wouldn't I still need a bivy sack to protect my down bag fro...

In GEAR » shelter musings after some experimentation
September 22, 9:30am

All Reader Reviews by Hamish McHamish

Hamish McHamish has posted no reviews.