BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 391 - 400 of 509 | Page: 1 ...31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Forum » Thread

Re: Awesome cheap puffy
I personally think that this obsession with fill-weight is more of a marketing thing than a real performance spec. If you just do the math, it only takes 5.3oz of 600-fill power to equal the volum...

In GEAR » Awesome cheap puffy
October 07, 6:30am

Re: Grand Canyon in October
Where are your camps going to be? I hike in the GC every fall (and often in the spring as well), the first week of November this year. Assuming typical temps, nights below the Tonto will be war...

In GEAR » Grand Canyon in October
October 06, 11:07am

Re: Kid's packs?
My son's been backpacking with me since was about 10 or so. Problem has never been finding a pack with a short enough torso; many women's XS and S packs fit torso length-wise. The problem...

In GEAR » Kid's packs?
October 06, 10:34am

Re: Giardia question
Logically, it's obviously not good practice to use your drinking cup as the water scoop. That said, I can't imagine that your exposure is any worse than going swimming in lakes/rivers or r...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Giardia question
September 29, 7:28pm

Re: Electronics and weight
No PLB or GPS and usually no cell. The only time I carry a cell phone is when I'm doing a point-to-point hike and have an arrangement to call my pick-up from the destination trailhead. I'm...

In GEAR » Electronics and weight
September 28, 7:46pm

Re: Re: Grand Canyon pants
>> Take a pair of 3oz wind pants down there and you will bring back very expensive ribbons! LOL... yeah, that's why I responded "good point" to your earlier response and deci...

In GEAR » DWR Wind pants?
September 27, 9:53pm

Re: "Wind" pants?
>> Sounds like you need a GTX PacLite pant that will shed rain & wet snow as well as keep you dry. Yikes, no, we're talking about the Grand Canyon, not the Cascades. Think Las Vega...

September 27, 9:07pm

Re: Re: DWR Wind pants?
>> where are you hiking in November that will be warm and dry? Grand Canyon, first week of November.

September 27, 4:21pm

Re: Re: DWR Wind pants?
Good point about fragile UL fabrics. I know that I don't need rain pants and even the DriDucks are too heavy to be worth taking. I think I'm probably over-thinking this. Baselayer and ...

September 27, 11:57am

DWR Wind pants?
I have a week-long hike coming up in November where I'm expecting mostly warm (65-75*) and dry days. However, last camp will be at a higher elevation, cooler temps and potential rain/sleet/sno...

September 27, 9:15am

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.