Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3891 - 3900 of 5800 | Page: 1 ...381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ...580

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: "What's happening to us?"
Craig, Good news is that some of the best skies for observation in Southern Calif, happen to be in Joshua Tree, especially at the southern part of the park. Local astronomy clubs often camp out ...

In Chaff » What's happening to us?
April 22, 6:42pm

Re: "What's happening to us?"
There are a lot of interesting things people here do. I had ignored the "Do you raise chickens" thread, but after checking it out a few days ago, I am waiting for April 30th :) If you ...

April 22, 5:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: What's happening to us?
For now. However after we reach the singularity where the machines are able to create machines, people will no longer run the show. That concept might make a good movie. ----------------------- ...

April 22, 5:21pm

Re: Re: Re: What's happening to us?
"I guess the difference is that I gain enjoyment out of tinkering with my gizmos and gadgets." Oh, don't get me wrong, I love technology and tinkering. My garage is really a comple...

April 22, 5:07pm

Re: Good Outdoor DVD's?
I recently watched The Wildest Dream: Conquest of Everest, which is a documentary and really enjoyed it. Most of the other stuff, I really kind of see as adventure or comedy flicks, not outdoor ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Good Outdoor DVD's?
April 22, 4:14pm

Re: toiletries... what do you take?
Depends upon the length of the trip. On weekends I take: Dr. Bronners soap in mini-dropper Toilet paper (sorry Mike C) Deet if there are bugs Maybe sunscreen if I don't have a tan yet ...

In GEAR » toiletries... what do you take?
April 22, 3:59pm

Re: What's happening to us?
Corey, No offense on your statements. We come from different generations. And in a sense I am a dinosaur :) I am not anti-technology. Actually it is just the opposite. In my job I develop sof...

April 22, 3:34pm

Re: Re: Re: What's happening to us?
Katharina, My kids graduated from high school in 2003 and 2005, so yes they grew up in an era when all of these things were widely used. To be honest, they were not really interested in a lot of...

April 22, 2:29pm

Re: Re: Why use a Bivy
My cuben quilt is light, blocks wind and keeps the down dry. Plus it is lighter than most sleeping bags or quilts. 1/8" pad serves as ground sheet and part of pad system. Works for me. I no...

In GEAR » Why use a Bivy
April 22, 12:45pm

Re: Why use a Bivy
Poncho/Tarps require a bivy. Larger tarps like a SpinnTwinn or a similar sized cuben tarp do not require a bivy at all. My Nano tarp is ~ 5 oz, and large enough not to require a bivy. Bugs? Hea...

In GEAR » Why use a Bivy
April 22, 12:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am