Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3891 - 3900 of 5717 | Page: 1 ...381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ...572

Forum » Thread

Re: best summer t-shirt
Rail Riders Men's Eco-Speed-T. This is what I use in the desert once my summer tan is obtained. It is a mesh-like material.

In GEAR » What is the best wicking t-shirt?
April 13, 2:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FS: eVent Packa - S
Oh my! It was tempting. I don't get much rain. I usually bring a tarp and a Marmott Essence; or a MLD poncho/tarp plus bivy to cover my rain and shelter needs. The poncho/tarp and bivy c...

In Gear Swap » FS: eVent Packa
April 13, 2:29pm

Re: Re: Re: FS: eVent Packa - S
and what does it weigh? Also, Packa website says they are big and the small fits Cedar Tree who is 6' and 195lbs. Your thoughts on the sizing?

April 13, 1:54pm

Re: Re: Re: US Considers Stationing Troops in Australia
G'day Jerry. I meant US dollars so we don't have the currency exchange conversation :) My company has offices down under, and it is fun listening to the language differences when I work ...

In Chaff » US Considers Stationing Troops in Australia
April 13, 12:40pm

Re: FS: eVent Packa - S
Doug, Just curious why you are selling it. Size? Weight? Did it not meet some expectation? Other?

April 13, 12:37pm

Re: US Considers Stationing Troops in Australia
So will it become a state or just remain a territory? They will have to change to dollars, dump the metric system, and learn to speak 'real' English. :)

In Chaff » US Considers Stationing Troops in Australia
April 13, 11:50am

Re: Pack stays
One thing I learned from Dan McHale is that you need to bend the stays to the contour of your body if you want the pack to fit properly. In my case, due to the curvature of my back, I had to bend t...

In GEAR » Pack stays
April 13, 10:26am

Re: all-purpose shirt for wind also
Eric, I think this can get really complicated with all the possible combinations. I like wind shirts. I had a Montbell that I did not particularly like, but many times it did its job. My new Hou...

In GEAR » all-purpose shirt for wind also
April 13, 9:28am

Re: Worried about China?
Interesting video. Here is an article from this week's Automotive News: Automotive News -- April 11, 2011 - 12:01 am ET After two years of spectacular growth, China's auto market i...

In Chaff » Worried about China?
April 13, 8:09am

Re: Warranty Issue - Gear Swap
Depends on the manufacturer. Some don't even ask, and others are unwilling to stray from their warranty policy. Many of the products on gear swap are well built and have reputation for quality ...

In GEAR » Warranty Issue - Gear Swap
April 13, 7:32am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am