Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3891 - 3900 of 5517 | Page: 1 ...381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ...552

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: "Republican's attack on wilderness. Unconscionable!"
"I personally think teachers (good teachers) should have some of the highest salaries around." I agree, education is important... critical for our country. My daughter is a teacher, an...

In Chaff » Republican's attack on wilderness. Unconscionable!
March 30, 10:14am

Re: "Republican's attack on wilderness. Unconscionable!"
"I can say, with 1,000% certainty, that the 14 democratic senators that fled the state did their job exactly as their voters wanted them to. They were protecting the rights of the people. They...

March 30, 2:51am

Re: Re: Re: Re: "Republican's attack on wilderness. Unconscionable!"
"Hmmmm. I try not to mix pleasure with a self-induced bout of rhetorical indigestion. ;)" Travis, I agree with you. Go backpacking and discuss common passions. Worry about the next wat...

March 30, 2:01am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Republican's attack on wilderness. Unconscionable!"
"Who appointed us god to determine how to run their country???" We did. And it is wrong. We need to get out of the "Nation Building" business. We need to stay out of all thes...

March 30, 1:58am

@ Jerry?
"Our current deficit is due to a number of things: ...The economic downturn results in less tax receipts. This will fix itself if we don't screw up the economy by abruptly cutting gover...

March 30, 1:55am

Re: What is everybody's favorite way to treat water?
Aqua Mira tablets or Katadyn. I can time it so I am not sitting around for 4 hours waiting for the tabs to work. Weight triumphs for me on this subject.

In GEAR » What is everybody's favorite way to treat water?
March 30, 1:34am

Re: Actual Pack Volume
Go to the McHale Packs website. Dan has a method you can use to calculate a lot of packs.

In GEAR » Actual Pack Volume
March 30, 1:31am

Re: Tax Cheats: Young, Single and Male
Was their study based on a solid methodology?

In Chaff » Tax Cheats: Young, Single and Male
March 28, 11:14pm

Re: Re: ok, again
"Since I have no experience backpacking with groups, I thought sharing is what groups do." To quote myself :)

In Philosophy & Technique » Speaking of light; wouldn't sharing gear make our packs much lighter?
March 28, 10:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: "Republican's attack on wilderness. Unconscionable!"
"As a whole, the Wealthy have manipulated the Economy, the Stock Market, the Banks, the laws, etc, to aid in their exponential growth of wealth over the last 50 years." Do the wealthy ...

March 28, 10:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am