BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3891 - 3900 of 5440 | Page: 1 ...381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ...544

Forum » Thread

@ John (John Prine)
Thought you might get a kick out of this. Both those songs are on this John Prine album, which was his debut album released in 1971. It is one of the first albums I bought when I got our of the ser...

In Chaff » Buying Chinese Goods
March 14, 10:50pm

Re: Buying Chinese Goods"
"I'm afraid the computers may ruin the ability to write well." Probably a fear in most countries.

March 14, 4:57pm

Re: Buying Chinese Goods
LAST TRAIN TO NUREMBERG lyrics by Pete Seeger Chorus (and after each verse): Last train to Nuremberg! Last train to Nuremberg! Last train to Nuremberg! All on board! Do I see Lieutenan...

March 14, 4:01pm

Re: Re: Taking a leap
Today, just substitute the word "Christianity" with "Democracy and Universal Human Rights" and we come full circle. ------------------------------------------------------ ...

March 14, 3:53pm

Re: Re: Buying Chinese Goods
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_and_anthropogenic_disasters_by_death_toll Here is an interesting site, I had booked marked a while back. You can click on each for more information. ...

March 14, 2:56pm

Re: Re: How light is light enough?
When you're happy and comfortable. +1

In Philosophy & Technique » How light is light enough?
March 14, 2:36pm

Re: ok then how 'bout the super rich...
What about it? Just kidding. Yes some super wealthy people feel like this, but not all. If you have not earned your wealth, then all you state is probably true. And what parent does not...

March 14, 2:32pm

Re: Re: Re: The Limitation of Limited Exposure
Ben, Thank you for a very well thought out response. Regarding 'pragmatism,' the conversation points out that we jump to conclusions when clarification or a definition would alleviate...

March 14, 2:01pm

Re: Taking a leap
"The frustration that some of us are feeling is probably partly due to the fact that you, on the other hand, don't seem to be left with any impulse or desire to consider the possibility th...

March 14, 1:47pm

Re: Re: the poor among the wealthy
George, It would be important to know a few things for any survey. What is the sample size, methodology, etc. What criteria was used to determine the millionaire classification. What crit...

March 14, 9:10am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am