Dan Durston (dandydan) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Cascadia
About Me -
CityThunder Bay
StateON
CountryCanada
My Website URLhttp://www.motorscooterguide.net
My PDF Gear ListBMWO 2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Durston

Showing 3811 - 3820 of 3923 | Page: 1 ...373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393

Forum » Thread

Sold
Bag is sold

In Gear Swap » FS: North Face Kilo Bag (600FP Down, 30F)
July 22, 5:31pm

--
Oops, I was a bit worked up there....my apologies. I'm cool headed again now. You're right that the Rainbow is longer and thus better suited for people significantly over 6". I do ...

In GEAR » Tarptent vs MSR
July 22, 5:27pm

Re: Tarptent vs MSR
David: "By the way, BPL used the Manufacturer's spec for length." BPL measured the length. I quote from the review: "The length is 84 inches as specified." The wall at...

July 22, 5:02pm

Hmm
Strange....BPL measured the CR2 as an honest 84" (7 feet) in length in their review of it. I don't see how someone how is 8 inches shorter than that would need to sleep diagonal unless the...

July 22, 1:55pm

Re: Space
Brett: "a 6' person might fit into the CR2 but by the looks of it they would be touching both ends as those slopes are pretty low while in the Scarp 2 you pretty much have the whole floor ...

July 22, 1:20pm

Markup
I imagine that MSR uses standard retail mark up in their pricing which is a 100% markup. So shops likely buy the CR2 for about $250 and then try to sell them for close to $500 so they can cover the...

July 22, 12:12pm

Re: GoLite Jam2 Functionality Question
Joe: "I put the basket on my trekking pole in the bottom loop, and use the upper loop around the handle. It would work either way though." This sounds like a good setup. Thanks for the...

In GEAR » GoLite Jam2 Functionality Question
July 22, 12:01pm

Re: Golite Jam 2
Mike, Thanks for the tip about turning the pack inside out...that sounds like a good idea. The Jam2 (and Pinnacle I believe) didn get a number of updates for 2009. You can read about them he...

July 22, 12:00pm

Thanks
Thanks guys....I really appreciate the answers. I'll buy a proper seam ripper from Wal-Mart soon.

July 22, 12:26am

GoLite Jam2 Functionality Question
I got my Jam2 in the mail today and I'm a bit baffled at a few things. First, here is a picture for reference: QUESTION 1: I can't figure out what the bungie cord loops are for near...

July 21, 10:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Dan Durston

Showing 1 - 10 of 25 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Cuben DuoMid
The DuoMid is the best shelter for solo hikers. Don't be misled by the "Duo" in its name - you could cram two hikers in here but it's poorly suited for that (ie. no vestibule space, ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
September 22, 1:56pm

Evernew 300ml Dbl Wall Mug (ECA354)
I like the idea of a robust, double wall titanium mug that may be a bit heavier...

In Cookware - Titanium
September 22, 11:01am

Montane Minimus DT Pant
These pants are a very niche product. They're light (4.25oz Med) but the Pertex Shield+ m...

In Clothing - Raingear
September 22, 10:31am

Spark-Lite Fire Starter (Survival Gear - BPL Gear Shop)
I have this kit and the FireLite Mini kit. This sparker is a bit lighter than the FireLite Mini but I don't trust this sparker 100% like I do the FireLite. This sparker doesn't work well wh...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
October 28, 11:21pm

BPL FireLite Firestarter
I love this FireLite Mini. It's the only thing that I 100% trust to start a fire. With a mini Bic you can run out of gas, be at too high of an altitude, get it wet or get it oily. Matches can ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
October 28, 11:19pm

Hyperlight Mtn Gear Echo I
I wasn't sure where to put this review as the Echo I can be used as either a tarp or a double wall tent. OVERVIEW I've given the Echo I five stars because it's quality construct...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
October 16, 4:15pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I've got the original Reed pants (4oz in a size medium) and they are prefect rain pants for UL hiking. They've been adequately durable, totally waterproof and light. I don't want ankle zip...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 15, 10:27pm

Marmot Essence
I'll be the first one to give this jacket 5 stars. Marmot has made a number of changes to this jacket over the years so criticisms of the earlier models are no longer relevant. My Essence is t...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 15, 10:22pm

Baladeo 22 Grams Knife
This knife is a brilliant design. Every part of it is functional and the result is a lot of knife for just 22g (or 24.3g as mine as actually weighs). When I opened the (very nice) box and first played...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 03, 6:10pm

Nite ize S-Biner
After using another small biner that failed due to a poor design, I switched the Nite Ize Size 1 biner for bear bagging this summer. I use one of these to clip to my 1.4mm spectra cord to my food sack...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 03, 5:56pm