Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Scott S (sschloss1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New England
About Me Scott S has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Scott S

Showing 381 - 390 of 512 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...52

Forum » Thread

PCT water report
This is the best resource for PCT water sources: http://www.4jeffrey.net/pct/

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT section E during August
July 30, 9:32am

West Fork of Oak Creek
Great pics. If you can ever swing it, I highly, highly recommend doing the entire canyon from top to bottom. That requires a shuttle or two cars, but it's definitely worth it. The upper sect...

In Post-Trip Reports » West Fork of Oak Creek near Sedona, AZ
July 30, 9:30am

Re: TSA
If you put your lighter in your carry-on bag, it's fine with TSA. Oddly, you can't check a lighter--it can only go in your carry on bag or on your person on the plane. http://www.tsa.go...

In GEAR » Bic: The lighter lighter
July 23, 1:52pm

A good stretch
Before you shell out big bucks for custom orthotics (though I highly recommend them--mine are lifesavers), try this stretch: http://sportsmedicine.about.com/b/2007/01/05/new-stretch-decreases-plant...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » time to develop plantar fasciitis?
July 22, 6:45pm

FBC
I switched from FBC to just using a pot/cozy instead. The disadvantage is that you need a somewhat larger pot. But the advantage is that you don't need a bunch of freezer bags for cooking, an...

In GEAR » Questions from my last hike - bleach taste, labeling, FBC, bear bagging
July 18, 2:40pm

My obnoxious canister comment
I'm going to repeat my obnoxious comment about canisters and selfish hikers from an earlier forum. If the 2 pounds for a bear canister is too much for you to handle, you're probably not in...

In GEAR » JMT with Ursack
July 08, 3:14pm

Books
The Dharma Bums by Jack Kerouac The Cactus Eaters by Dan White (about hiking the PCT)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bbackpacking reads
July 03, 4:53pm

New Balance
I think that most New Balance shoes come in 4E widths. I'm using the MT876 right now (love 'em), but they have a bunch of different trail runners. Try NBWebexpress.com or zappos.com

In GEAR » huge foot, running shoe problem
July 03, 11:45am

Guy-lines for Tarp
Kelty Triptease isn't the lightest cord available, but it's super reflective--you'd have to be blind to miss it in the dark with any kind of light.

In GEAR » Guy-lines for Tarp
July 01, 5:27pm

Why wait?
Why wait 15 minutes to turn the bottle upside down? Isn't the concentration of ClO2 dropping from the moment the tablet finishes dissolving or you add the drops? I add my drops, give the bo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Avoid contamination when using tablets?
June 28, 12:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Scott S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Design FS exodus
I used an Exodus FS for my 5-month CDT thru-hike. The pack was, by far, my least favorite piece of gear. What I didn't like: - The pack squeaked loudly and persistently, with almost every ste...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
December 23, 5:07pm