Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Scott S (sschloss1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New England
About Me Scott S has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Scott S

Showing 381 - 390 of 521 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...53

Forum » Thread

PCT Gear List
I don't think you need to completely change your clothing system when you get to the Sierras. My basic clothing system for the entire trail (when hiking) was: l/s nylon button-down shirt, nyl...

In Gear Lists » PCT 2011 Gear List: Feedback VERY Welcomed!
December 28, 7:40am

O2 Rainshield
The Rainshield is waterproof and extremely breathable but a bit fragile. Still, mine lasted for my entire thru-hike plus a few trips afterwards (and I wore it a lot on the PCT--my windshirt plus m...

In GEAR » Lightweight rain jacket for PCT thru
October 26, 2:32pm

PCT Pad
My advice (based on my PCT thru-hike): Z-lite short pad, with 1 section cut off: 9 ounces Learn to sleep on your back: 0 ounces I started the trail as a side sleeper, but within a few weeks,...

In GEAR » PCT Sleeping Pad
October 14, 8:38pm

re: bear canisters
Lori, I think you have your canisters mixed up. I don't think anyone could fit 10 days of food in a Bearikade Weekender. I could barely get 7 days of food in an Expedition (that's the lar...

In Gear Lists » Need Help with My big 4!!
September 10, 7:26pm

Loki Gear all-in-one hat
Has anyone tried out the Loki Gear hats? They have an adjustable opening which allows them to be used as a beanie (with adjustable top opening), ear cover, neck gaiter, or balaclava. It looks pre...

In GEAR » Loki Gear all-in-one hat
August 31, 12:56pm

Questions
What color is it? How much has it been used? What kind of condition is it in? I'm interested if it's in good shape.

In Gear Swap » FS - ID SilShelter
August 26, 6:29pm

Coghlan's
I use the Coghlan's Hiker Mosquito Net (http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_65698_325005008_325000000_325005000). At 5 ounces, it's the lightest net tha...

In GEAR » Floorless Net Tent
August 22, 12:06pm

quitting
I was drinking 5 cups of coffee a day when I decided to quit. I just went cold turkey. There were 2 or 3 awful days--headaches, fatigue, etc., but after that I was fine. My advice would be t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ever quit caffeine?
August 02, 11:19am

Coghlan's
+1/2 on the above suggestion--I'd suggest the Coghlan's hikers mosquito net (just search for that term in amazon) instead. I think it weighs 5 oz. It's easy to suspend from any tarp or...

In Make Your Own Gear » Quick and Dirty Bug Net
July 31, 12:53pm

PCT water report
This is the best resource for PCT water sources: http://www.4jeffrey.net/pct/

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT section E during August
July 30, 9:32am

All Reader Reviews by Scott S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Design FS exodus
I used an Exodus FS for my 5-month CDT thru-hike. The pack was, by far, my least favorite piece of gear. What I didn't like: - The pack squeaked loudly and persistently, with almost every ste...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
December 23, 5:07pm