Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Scott S (sschloss1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New England
About Me Scott S has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Scott S

Showing 381 - 390 of 478 | Page: 1 ...29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Forum » Thread

Mountain lion?
How do you know it was a mountain lion? As far as I know, mountain lions feed almost exclusively on animals they've killed. They don't even scavenge very often. And I've never heard ...

In GEAR » Bulk supplements and my PCT diet
April 08, 11:13am

Hmmm
As for filling your platy bag, the secret is to find a little pouroff and just stick the opening right there. If you're filling from a pond or something, sweep the bag back and forth so you...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Efficiency with water tablets
April 08, 6:59am

Just a thought
Is this your first long-distance trip? If so, here's my suggestion: don't plan anything except an average miles per day and where you're going to resupply so you can figure out how muc...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Favorite JMT spots
April 07, 2:27pm

Please post a follow-up
Ryan, I'm in the same boat as you--trying to decide between the Swift and the Conduit for my first frameless pack. I hope you'll post a follow-up with your thoughts/reviews on the Swift an...

In GEAR » Which Pack?(Gossamer, MLD, MLA)
April 07, 1:11pm

JMT
My favorites: Marie Lake (would've loved to camp there, but I was on my PCT thru-hike and had to do miles) LeConte Canyon (reminded me of Zion National Park) Forester Pass (probably the be...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Favorite JMT spots
April 07, 7:04am

Apples
Fuji and gala are best, in my opinion. I tried red delicious once and was not thrilled. Remember, soak your apple slices in a dilute lemon juice (2 cups water and 1/4 cup lemon juice) for about...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dehydrating Apples
April 04, 7:18pm

Kelty Triptease
I use Kelty Triptease, too, and it works perfectly.

In GEAR » MLD Cuben Grace Tarp and Guy Lines
April 02, 4:16pm

PCT Bivy/Tarp
I hiked the PCT this year with a Superlite Bivy, also, and I really liked it. I slept in it literally every night on the trail (it was my ground cloth). I had the small netting, but that was plen...

In Gear Lists » PCT Bivy/Tarp
April 01, 1:09pm

Compactor vs. roasting bags
>A simple HEFTY trash COMPACTOR bag from the grocery store is all you need. One will last the whole AT (maybe). 2.2 oz. No way. I went through at least 3 compactor bags on the PCT. And the...

In Gear Lists » AT gear list
March 29, 2:43pm

Roasting bag
I bought roasting bags at the grocery store. The "turkey-sized" bag was exactly the same size as my sleeping bag stuff sack.

In Gear Lists » AT gear list
March 29, 11:12am

All Reader Reviews by Scott S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Design FS exodus
I used an Exodus FS for my 5-month CDT thru-hike. The pack was, by far, my least favorite piece of gear. What I didn't like: - The pack squeaked loudly and persistently, with almost every ste...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
December 23, 5:07pm