BPL Community Profile

Scott S (sschloss1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New England
About Me Scott S has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Scott S

Showing 381 - 390 of 460 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Forum » Thread

Oil and chunky stuff
If your sauce has much oil in it, you'll end up with more of a leather than something dry or crumbly. Those leathers are hard to break up with a blender. But if you freeze the leather then pu...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How to Dehydrate Sauce?
March 19, 6:11pm

Random stuff
I hiked the trail last year... Searching my memory, I can only think of a handful of thru-hikers who carried camp shoes. If you use relatively light shoes, you just don't need camp shoes. ...

In Gear Lists » Preliminary PCT Gear List
March 16, 7:03am

Random comments
Sleeping bag - I used a WM Summerlite (32 F) and would use it again on another thru-hike. I'm a fairly cold sleeper, but I only had maybe 4-5 cold nights the entire trip (I also used a silk li...

In Gear Lists » PCT gear list--help me spend $300
December 17, 11:27am

Bivy
Oh, and as for the bivy, I'm a side sleeper, and the mesh window was large enough that I was almost always facing the mesh when on my side. Every so often I'd roll over, and I'd be fac...

In GEAR » PCT gear review
November 02, 11:29am

Follow-up
Thanks for all the comments, everyone. For whoever asked, I was Birdman on the trail (Buckwheat, I don't think we ever met). As for the pack, I might use the Circuit again. I definitely wo...

November 02, 11:27am

Shangri-la
For me, the Shangri-la was sized just right. It was just big enough for me to lie down between the two poles, and my pack fit (standing up) in the vestibule. But if you're over 6' or so, ...

October 30, 12:28pm

PCT gear review
I thru-hiked the PCT this year, and I thought I’d do a quick review on the gear I used. I did a lot of research before the trip, and in general, I was happy with most pieces of gear. I’ve onl...

October 30, 11:16am

Looks good
I compared your list with mine, and the only thing I see missing from yours is a spare light source (I'm bringing one of those little Photon things) and something to scoop water out of shallow ...

In Gear Lists » PCT 2009 Gear List
April 10, 12:50pm

PCT-L
I can't help you (I leave for my PCT thru in 2 weeks), but if you don't find someone here, you might try mailing the pct-l list (see here)--lots of helpful people out there.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » PCT 2009 Base Camp please?
April 01, 9:55pm

Fooled me for a minute
But then I read through to the part about the shoes and had a good laugh. Thanks.

In Editor's Roundtable » FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: BACKPACKING LIGHT SEEKS PARTNERSHIP WITH OHV/ORV COMMUNITY TO PROMOTE MULTI-USE HARMONY IN AMERICAN WILDERNESS
April 01, 7:05am

All Reader Reviews by Scott S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Design FS exodus
I used an Exodus FS for my 5-month CDT thru-hike. The pack was, by far, my least favorite piece of gear. What I didn't like: - The pack squeaked loudly and persistently, with almost every ste...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
December 23, 5:07pm