Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Scott S (sschloss1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New England
About Me Scott S has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Scott S

Showing 381 - 390 of 492 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Forum » Thread

Ditto
I sealed my TT inside and out, and I've never had a leak. Give it a try.

In GEAR » Seam Sealing TT Rainbow: Not working
June 05, 2:20pm

Extra socks
Wear an extra sock on the smaller foot. My right foot is about a half-size smaller than the left. Ordinarily, I buy shoes to fit the larger foot and don't have problems. But occasionally I e...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Darn odd-ball feet! Help!
June 03, 1:51pm

M&M relo
I don't understand why they don't just reroute the M&M trail onto the Robert Frost Trail from Pratt's Corner Road to Ruggles Pond. That would replace a pretty dull M-M section with...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Training for a speed hike.
May 30, 8:49pm

Updates
I'd love to see your updates if you put them online. I'm going to do a M-M thru-hike in October if work allows (I'll do it in 6-7 days, not 3!). I've done from the CT border to Mt...

May 30, 7:27pm

AT 500 mile section hike
I think you have way too much clothing for this time of year up here. I'd ditch the vest, the rain wrap, and the long underwear. Rain jacket + dry bags + umbrella seems excessive. You ...

In Gear Lists » AT 500 mile section hike
May 28, 11:59am

Tendonitis or...?
I diagnosed myself with peroneal tendonitis when I had pain in the outside of my foot a few years ago. It turns out I had a stress fracture in a metatarsal. Hopefully you don't have that, but...

May 13, 8:10am

Dew point
I don't think that the tarp is "shielding" you from the dew. What's probably happening is that the temperatures are slightly warmer under the tarp, and that's keeping the dew...

In GEAR » Bivy help
May 13, 8:06am

A few more things
I think the other members of the class of '09 covered the big things. Here are a few more thoughts: You'll want DEET for the Sierras, Northern Cal., and Oregon. I'd also suggest ...

In Gear Lists » PCT 2010 gear list
May 10, 6:09pm

Patagonia travel pack
I just picked up a Patagonia Lightweight Travel Pack. It's 1600 ci and around 12 oz. The deciding factor for me was the lack of a zipper on the main compartment. Zippers never last. It co...

In GEAR » Day Pack Suggestions
May 07, 10:00am

Circuit
I find my Circuit blissfully comfortable up to 20 lbs. By 25 lbs, I have a bit of weight on my shoulders. At 30 lbs, it's getting fairly uncomfortable, with quite a bit of weight on my should...

In GEAR » frame on Nimbus vs. ULA Circuit
May 04, 10:00am

All Reader Reviews by Scott S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Design FS exodus
I used an Exodus FS for my 5-month CDT thru-hike. The pack was, by far, my least favorite piece of gear. What I didn't like: - The pack squeaked loudly and persistently, with almost every ste...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
December 23, 5:07pm