BPL Community Profile

Scott S (sschloss1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New England
About Me Scott S has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Scott S

Showing 381 - 390 of 472 | Page: 1 ...29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Forum » Thread

Kelty Triptease
I use Kelty Triptease, too, and it works perfectly.

In GEAR » MLD Cuben Grace Tarp and Guy Lines
April 02, 4:16pm

PCT Bivy/Tarp
I hiked the PCT this year with a Superlite Bivy, also, and I really liked it. I slept in it literally every night on the trail (it was my ground cloth). I had the small netting, but that was plen...

In Gear Lists » PCT Bivy/Tarp
April 01, 1:09pm

Compactor vs. roasting bags
>A simple HEFTY trash COMPACTOR bag from the grocery store is all you need. One will last the whole AT (maybe). 2.2 oz. No way. I went through at least 3 compactor bags on the PCT. And the...

In Gear Lists » AT gear list
March 29, 2:43pm

Roasting bag
I bought roasting bags at the grocery store. The "turkey-sized" bag was exactly the same size as my sleeping bag stuff sack.

March 29, 11:12am

Gear list
Looks like a good list. Is it easy to pour out small amounts of alcohol from a platy bag without spilling? I have no idea, but I just use a 12- or 16-oz soda bottle. Pack liner/stuff sacks...

March 26, 9:07pm

eBay
You might try eBay--I got mine there for $85 a couple of years ago. And it was worth every dollar--it's light, super breathable, tough, and windproof.

In GEAR » Patagonia Houdini $$$?
March 25, 7:39pm

Delicate Arch
You've probably seen pictures of Delicate Arch (or maybe the old Utah license plates), but it's still an absolute must-see. It's easily one of the most beautiful spots I've ever se...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Great hikes in Arches NP?
March 25, 12:01pm

Re: Speaking of luxury items... HELP!
Why not get an iphone? That could serve as ipod, ebook reader, and phone all at once. I always carry books on my long hikes, but I usually take paperbacks and tear them into sections so I'm...

In Gear Lists » Speaking of luxury items... HELP!
March 25, 10:16am

No problem
I have a Shangrila 1, and I've never had any trouble folding it up. I couldn't tell you off-hand what I do, but it always fits in the stuff sack just fine. The material is pretty tough, s...

In GEAR » Shangri-la 1 question
March 24, 5:44pm

Outside
My pad always goes outside my MLD Superlight bivy, and I don't use a groundcloth. I use my pad (usually a short z-rest) for sitting on breaks, so it's generally pretty dirty. Everything s...

In GEAR » Sleeping pad on inside or outside of bivy?
March 24, 2:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Scott S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Design FS exodus
I used an Exodus FS for my 5-month CDT thru-hike. The pack was, by far, my least favorite piece of gear. What I didn't like: - The pack squeaked loudly and persistently, with almost every ste...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
December 23, 5:07pm