Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Scott S (sschloss1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New England
About Me Scott S has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Scott S

Showing 381 - 390 of 485 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Forum » Thread

A few more things
I think the other members of the class of '09 covered the big things. Here are a few more thoughts: You'll want DEET for the Sierras, Northern Cal., and Oregon. I'd also suggest ...

In Gear Lists » PCT 2010 gear list
May 10, 6:09pm

Patagonia travel pack
I just picked up a Patagonia Lightweight Travel Pack. It's 1600 ci and around 12 oz. The deciding factor for me was the lack of a zipper on the main compartment. Zippers never last. It co...

In GEAR » Day Pack Suggestions
May 07, 10:00am

Circuit
I find my Circuit blissfully comfortable up to 20 lbs. By 25 lbs, I have a bit of weight on my shoulders. At 30 lbs, it's getting fairly uncomfortable, with quite a bit of weight on my should...

In GEAR » frame on Nimbus vs. ULA Circuit
May 04, 10:00am

Bearikade Expedition
On my PCT hike, I could get just about 7 days of food into my Bearikade Expedition. Of course, I was eating about 4000 calories a day. For people with normal-human-sized appetites, I suspect 8 da...

In GEAR » ? Options: 1 bear can for 2 x 4 days
May 03, 12:54pm

Just mail to Linden
I started a long section in Waynesboro a few years ago. I headed into SNP with 7 days of food in my pack! That was way too much. Between the waysides, the restaurants, and a couple of decent cam...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » At resupply Waynesboro VA to Harpers Ferry WV
April 23, 9:44pm

Copyright law
I'm pretty sure that the copyright law says (or is interpreted to say) that you can copy copyrighted works for your own use. So, it's okay to copy a CD if you want one for your car and one...

In Chaff » Copying maps
April 09, 4:10pm

Aquafina
+1 on the Aquafina 1-L bottles. Another benefit: they're relatively narrow compared to gatorade bottles, so they're easy to get in and out of side pockets on your backpack. They're du...

In GEAR » Water Storage Options and Opinions
April 09, 8:55am

Mountain lion?
How do you know it was a mountain lion? As far as I know, mountain lions feed almost exclusively on animals they've killed. They don't even scavenge very often. And I've never heard ...

In GEAR » Bulk supplements and my PCT diet
April 08, 11:13am

Hmmm
As for filling your platy bag, the secret is to find a little pouroff and just stick the opening right there. If you're filling from a pond or something, sweep the bag back and forth so you...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Efficiency with water tablets
April 08, 6:59am

Just a thought
Is this your first long-distance trip? If so, here's my suggestion: don't plan anything except an average miles per day and where you're going to resupply so you can figure out how muc...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Favorite JMT spots
April 07, 2:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Scott S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Design FS exodus
I used an Exodus FS for my 5-month CDT thru-hike. The pack was, by far, my least favorite piece of gear. What I didn't like: - The pack squeaked loudly and persistently, with almost every ste...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
December 23, 5:07pm