November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Serge Giachetti (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking into the mountains for a few days with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. Also a snapper of many photos. Check out my instagram for short visual trip reports and such.
My Website URL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge Giachetti

Showing 381 - 390 of 799 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...80

Forum » Thread

BD Ultra Distance Poles 100 and 130cm ($85) I have these and they're my favorite light pole. Not sure what the difference is between these and the '13 model.

In Gear Deals » BD Ultra Distance Poles 100 and 130cm ($85)
May 10, 12:51am

rab meco
Rab Meco works quite well. Not quite as warm or stink proof as full merino, but it dries fast, is super thin and so far has been pretty durable (besides pilling).

In GEAR » Latest Thinking on Capilene 1 and 2 / Merino
May 09, 11:43pm

Over the last couple years SUL has gotten increasingly poo-pood on this website from veteran hikers who would rather act manly and dirt bag. Fine, no problem. However, I don't think it ads much...

In Editor's Roundtable » The SUL Mindset
May 09, 12:58am

Thanks Brian. MH has definitely upped their game as of late. I like that they are making improvements in both UL down and synthetic garments. The thermostatic looks good especially considering that...

In GEAR » MHW Thermal Q: Primaloft contender
May 08, 11:33pm

making things harder
You might want to check out the merrell mix master tuff's as well. Wide toe box, pretty close heel and good ground protection. A little stiff at first, but they break in well. Good for long day...

In GEAR » need trail runners for very rocky/talus/scree conditions
May 06, 10:34pm

I doubt you'd need more capacity for an AT thru hike with as much water & resupply points as there are. You could always start with the zero & then when its about to wear out, get an hm...

In GEAR » Talk me out of buying an HMG Windrider.
May 06, 11:42am

Nice comparison, Dave. I've used the xenon for nearly every outdoor outing I've been on for the last year and a half and have found it quite effective/versatile. The ability to dry out my b...

In Editor's Roundtable » Rab Xenon and Patagonia UL Down Hoody: Comparison and Long-Term Review
May 02, 1:43am

fleece vs. puffy
For three season hiking, its fairly rare that I need more than a windshirt or event shell to stay warm enough while hiking. In the rare situation where thats not enough, wearing a puffy has worked ...

In GEAR » Puffies
May 01, 12:24am

wtb: MB ex light vest (or other sub 4oz, size L)
I'm about to about to spring for a good deal on a hadron, but first I want to see if anyone has an ex light vest in size L they'd be willing to part with. I'd also be interested in a bl...

In Gear Swap » wtb: MB ex light vest (or other sub 4oz, size L)
April 29, 11:36pm

wtb: stoic hadron anorak (M or L)
Anyone have a hadron hanging sad and neglected in their closet? I will gladly adopt one, and provide it with love and plenty of crisp rocky mountain air. I'm hoping to buy one used for around ...

In Gear Swap » wtb: stoic hadron anorak (M or L)
April 28, 10:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Serge Giachetti

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am