Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Serge G. (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking into the mountains for a few days with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. I recently picked up a bad habit called climbing.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://sergegiachetti.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge G.

Showing 381 - 390 of 703 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...71

Forum » Thread

looks good to me
you might be abe to find an OR helium II online for about that price. also the stoic wraith is a nice super light & breathable windshirt that can be had for $35 right now with the %50 off at ba...

In GEAR » Evaluate my water/wind layering plan
September 19, 10:37pm

your call
i got mine shipped to the US. Shipping + customs was $15-$20 total, but I think the T2 is like $50 so not too bad all together. I like wool a lot too. I'm sure you'd be fine with what you&#...

In GEAR » Which if any Mid layer for AT in March
September 19, 10:29pm

t2
I'd take a light powerdry hoody like the mec T2 or patagonia cap4 in place of your indie. My medium T2 weighs 6.5 oz, thats half of an r1 in the sam size. The light powerdry grid would work wel...

In GEAR » Which if any Mid layer for AT in March
September 19, 6:28pm

parka
@steven: thanks for the link. Nice trip report, and yeah that is some serious insulation. I think I may have ben make me a similar parka as a winter belay piece, except with downtek whenever that b...

In GEAR » Montbell Mirage Parka
September 13, 11:22pm

warm
with box walled baffles, this peice looks seriously warm for the weight. Steven, mind posting a pic of your gooses feet parka? Also roughly what size is it? Thanks!

In GEAR » Montbell Mirage Parka
September 13, 4:56pm

Rab Vapour Rise Lite Alpine $95
http://www.prolitegear.com/rab-vapour-rise-lite-alpine-closeout-fall-11.html This is a great deal on a really nice cold weather action layer. Check out the review: http://www.outdoorsmag...

In Gear Deals » Rab Vapour Rise Lite Alpine $95
September 13, 12:56am

New NEX Pancake Zoom
The NEX system just got way more appealing thanks to the introduction of this lense. A totally decent ap-c camera with a 24-75mm range can soon be had for a little under 14 oz. http://store.son...

In Photography » New NEX Pancake Zoom
September 12, 4:16am

yeah
a little unclear why this was reviewed...

In Editor's Roundtable » Rab Kinetic Jacket Review
September 06, 11:08pm

"If that has more loft than the Patagonia, then the Patagonia must be completely flat." "Are you going to post a pic of your Patagonia or not?" "Post purchase rationa...

In GEAR » New MH ghost whisperer down jacket, 7oz
September 06, 2:27am

wool/synethic
I used a thin wool last winter with a driclime and that combination dried quite fast. I'd get the thinnest wool layer you can find though. Fast evaporative cooling can give you the chills in wi...

In GEAR » Which is warmest: Synthetic / Wool or Wool / Synthetic ?
September 05, 1:11am

All Reader Reviews by Serge G.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am