BPL Community Profile

Serge G. (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking in the mountains with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. I recently picked up a bad habit called climbing.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://sergegiachetti.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge G.

Showing 381 - 390 of 616 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...62

Forum » Thread

hmmm....
I admire someone who is bold enough to contradict themselves. That said, this contradiction has me a little confused. Lets face it, this site is fueled by oz counting gearheads (reluctantly, counti...

In Editor's Roundtable » Cottage Stagnation and Recent Gems
December 28, 3:35am

durability
agreed, the shirt probably won't last the full five months, but worth it IMO anyway. Patagonias wool/synth blend is exellent. Also with them if the shirt starts getting holes in it etc you can ...

In GEAR » best base layer for an AT thru hike??
December 27, 4:52pm

+ 1 on wool and the i/o bio hoody
For a through hike especially, I'd take wool. I start smelling pretty wretched after like a half day in capiline, but a lot of people like its drying capabilities. The blend of merino and cocon...

In GEAR » best base layer for an AT thru hike??
December 27, 12:05am

softshell vs. windshirt
I think a lightweight softshell like the golite, a rab boreas, or marmot dri-clime (windshirt/pile) are actually pretty versatile for backpacking. If I were thru hiking this year, I'd bring a l...

In GEAR » Good softshell choice?
December 20, 12:25am

thermawrap
if its mainly for around town, something like a thermawrap parka would do well. The patagonia nano and rab xenon are warmer and a little better suited for backpacking, but the thermawrap looks kind...

In GEAR » Need a puffy layer...
December 20, 12:09am

+ one on the marmot scree
I've worn them pretty much everyday since I got them last week (no shame ;)--this includes cross country skiing in 20 degree alpine conditions (with merino base), ski resort on 35 degree day, h...

In GEAR » what's your favorite winter pant?
December 19, 10:33pm

MB Thermawrap
bump and price reduction on the thermawrap. now $70 shipped.

In Gear Swap » WM hooded flash (M, Brown), MB UL Thermawrap Parka (L, Blue)
December 18, 11:19pm

katabatic response time
just vouching for excellent service/response time from aaron at katabatic. i got ahold of aaron on a friday afternoon to see if he could make me a chisos with an oz of overfill by tuesday for a sec...

In GEAR » CT, WM sleeping bag dilemma
December 18, 1:04am

32 deg
I section hiked most of the CT last july with a 40 degree quilt the katabatic chisos. For one trip I skipped torso insulation and was a bit chilly early in the morn. When I wore a light hooded down...

In GEAR » CT, WM sleeping bag dilemma
December 17, 1:22am

micropuff
I'd get a micropuff. That should keep you warm in those temps without looking overly techy. Primaloft feels a lot warmer to me than the exceloft in montbell.

In GEAR » Jacket for travel
December 13, 5:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Serge G.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am