Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Serge Giachetti (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking into the mountains for a few days with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. I recently picked up a bad habit called climbing.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://sergegiachetti.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge Giachetti

Showing 381 - 390 of 734 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...74

Forum » Thread

wtb: Arc Teryx Gamma MX Hoody (M)
anyone want to get rid of one of these offensively heavy softshells? I'm hoping to find one of the updated models (2011-). Thanks.

In Gear Swap » wtb: Arc Teryx Gamma MX Hoody (M)
November 10, 12:38am

progress
I just have a hunch that this will be a big deal, beyond just marketing hype. Specifically, for folks who find sythetic a neccessary part of their system now. But admittedly, I am a sucker for new ...

In GEAR » Patagonia makes dry down
November 04, 3:49pm

generator pull-on
i think you nailed it with the generator pull-on or jacket.

In GEAR » Synthetic puffy/belay jacket system
November 03, 11:57pm

combo
At a long 10 degree belay, I might find myself cold in the combo you mentioned. Couldn't hurt to test it while ice cragging though. I used a similar system for CO ice climbing last winter exce...

In GEAR » Synthetic puffy/belay jacket system
November 03, 4:42am

Patagonia makes dry down
http://www.thegearcaster.com/the_gearcaster/2012/10/patagonia-encapsil-water-repellent-down.html The fact that patagonia invested so much & so quickly to create their own envirnmentally frie...

In GEAR » Patagonia makes dry down
November 02, 11:19pm

no...
Don't own the pack. You're question related to volume, so I thought I'd try to be helpful. I tried the pack on too, and it felt too small for my 6'1" frame.

In GEAR » Ultraspire Fastpack
October 30, 7:00pm

rab
I don't know about the exact measurements, but most rab garments have nice long arms. I couldn't find a wind or rain shell that wouldn't ride up when I was climbing and the rab demand p...

In GEAR » Windshirts for Those with Long Arms
October 30, 12:07am

compact
I assume you're looking into this with fastpacking in mind rather than SUL backpacking. If SUL is your goal, then I'd suggest something like the MLD burn, Zpacks Zero, or Gossamer Gear Murm...

In GEAR » Ultraspire Fastpack
October 29, 2:15am

Gallery
I would give this camera a full on review, but don't have much negative to say about it. I'm surprised at how good the IQ is each time I open a file in PS. I also appreciate the increased ...

In Photography » New compact with decent lens - Sony DSC RX100
October 28, 3:28am

Halloween store
Recently my friend and I were packing our gear at the trailhead for a few nights in the weminuche. As I was extolling the virtues of the latest lightweight powerdry grid, my friend pulls out three ...

In GEAR » ultralite tights?
October 26, 11:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Serge Giachetti

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am