BPL Community Profile

Serge G. (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking in the mountains with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. I recently picked up a bad habit called climbing.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://sergegiachetti.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge G.

Showing 381 - 390 of 679 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...68

Forum » Thread

petzl nao first impressions
This is not exactly a UL item, but as a chronic night hiker, climber, skier etc. (not always on purpose) I took immediate interest from all the winter OR hype. My schedule often has me leaving ...

In GEAR » petzl nao first impressions
August 18, 3:08am

tried em on
The fit is great, with a wide toe box, and form fitting everything else. The midsole seemed substantial enough, but what really bothered me was the pods on the bottom of the shoe. There is a set of...

In GEAR » anyone waiting for the NB MT1010 to come out?
August 18, 2:19am

thanks Alex!
Alex is new to BPL, so I just thought I'd chime in to say that I'm the one who bought this from him. I told him I wanted to try to get the pack by this sunday for a trip and he sent it out ...

In Gear Swap » FS MLD Burn with Top Lid, Size Medium
August 18, 12:02am

bump: GG grips on yana poles?
Still wondering if its possible to use the GG grips on the yana poles. Anyone with experience? Thanks.

In GEAR » Yana Trekking Poles
August 17, 11:33pm

wraith is nice
Everyone seems to love the houdini, so there is probably something to that. I recently got the wraith for $40. I'm definitely impressed with the breathability. I like the simplicity of it, and ...

In GEAR » Patagonia Houdini or Stoic Wraith
August 17, 12:46am

DriClime vs. Powerdry
I'm pretty convinced that marmot driclime is magic. It must be the "magic-like bi component wicking" material. I think this material would be perfect as a wicking midlayer under a wat...

In GEAR » DriClime vs. Powerdry
August 16, 5:58am

2 more
I'll buy a couple of the 1/8 "

In Gear Deals » CCF Pads; Coming Soon
August 15, 5:42am

Sierra Designs Cloud Kit
(Coming from the Outdoor Retailers 2012 threads, but no one seemed to know about those, so posting here) http://gearjunkie.com/best-in-show-outdoor-retailer-2012 Impressed that SD is thinking...

In GEAR » Sierra Designs Cloud Kit
August 15, 2:04am

Yana Trekking Poles
Anyone have experience with these? I've been using the GG LT4's, which are great, but they aren't compact enough for attaching to my pack when scrambling. The 3 piece yana look like the...

In GEAR » Yana Trekking Poles
August 15, 1:46am

wtb: arc'teryx squamish pullover (L)
Yes, looking for the pullover version. Preferably not too beat up. Thanks!o

In Gear Swap » arc'teryx squamish pullover (L)
August 11, 6:54am

All Reader Reviews by Serge G.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am