BPL Community Profile

Roger B (rogerb) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Here and there
About Me Mathematics and Teacher Educator been walking, on and off-track in many countries. My interest is in appreciating the outdoors, wherever I may be.
My Website URLhttp://www.nielsenbrownoutdoors.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roger B

Showing 381 - 390 of 587 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Marmot Pounder any good?
Rod Roger C posted this a little while ago http://www.mammut.ch/mammut/techinfos_sleepingbags_sub.asp?id=1461 As well search the forums for 13537 and you will get an extensive list of disc...

In GEAR » Marmot Pounder any good?
February 18, 12:50am

Wow U-type stand ver1.2 JSB
Now I need to make one of these! Well done.

In Make Your Own Gear » U-type stand ver1.2 JSB
February 12, 10:40am

Re: Candle lanterns
Thanks Yukio This link is great. I like the idea of the tea candle and stove design. The pictures on alcanstove.exblog.jp are not only helpful but also indicate that there are other options for...

In GEAR » Candle lanterns
February 12, 10:32am

Backpack for JMT in Aug/Sept
Douglas I think you may have mixed up the prices for the ULA packs, they should be reversed. Great list though, my suggestion would be to try as many as possible and decide whether you need ...

In GEAR » Backpack for JMT in Aug/Sept
February 10, 11:42am

Re: Golite Pinnacle Backpack REVIEW
Thanks Ben and Doug that makes sense.

In Editor's Roundtable » Golite Pinnacle Backpack REVIEW
February 10, 1:56am

Gatewood Sea to Summit and Serenity
Ken I think you were speaking about this link kennyhel77gatewood and Sea to Summit bug A great set up in my view and Ron's Serenity is an improvement on this.

In GEAR » SMD Gatewood Cape Bug Net
February 09, 10:34am

Micropur dosage
This is the old thread that discussed the variation in doses Micropur doses hope this helps the discussion

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dose vs dwell time of Chlorine Dioxide (AquaMira, KearWater, etc)
February 08, 1:03pm

Golite Pinnacle Backpack REVIEW
The review states "Overall Rating ยป Recommended" However in the following text it states " The Pinnacle is excellent at its intended purpose and while it's not the ultima...

In Editor's Roundtable » Golite Pinnacle Backpack REVIEW
February 08, 10:39am

Shangri-La 1 best solo shelter for 3-season above timberline
I am not sure if I can answer your question, but back in my deep dark past, I used a shelter similar to the Shangri la 1 in Australia, I think it was made by Paddy Pallin, but that is not important...

In GEAR » 2008 Golite Shelters @
February 05, 1:13pm

Jotunheimen
I can also recommend Jotunheimen, as well if you want a taster for the area Rondane National Park is worth a visit. You may want to take a look at 2 books. Cicerone Press: Walking in Norway ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Kungsleden, Sweden - anyone hiked it?
February 03, 12:34am

All Reader Reviews by Roger B

Showing 1 - 10 of 28 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
It took me a while to start using the stove but now it is the only stove I will use when traveling light. Its light weight coupled with the ability to use with many different pots makes this a stand o...

In Stoves - Other
September 19, 12:45pm

PossumDown Gloves (BPL Gear Shop)
In fact these gloves are so good I always "baby" them a bit, even though it is unnecessary. The gloves work well in cooler and wet weather and I use them with trekking poles in cooler condit...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
January 25, 10:31am

Mountain Laurel Designs Grace Solo .97 Spinntex
This tarp is an example of the MLD teams great workmanship coupled with excellent design. Kevin has already described the tarp correctly, so all it is left for me to say is that it is a great piece...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 25, 9:58am

BackpackingLight.com
When it came to the need to change the delivery address from local to international for an impending delivery, there was no fuss. After a couple of emails the address was changed and the products arri...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 16, 12:50pm

C and C Outdoors
Yes I had hoped for a great deal on their Integral designs equipment, but in the end I gave up and went elsehwere (and paid more). I wanted the gear, not the stories,

January 24, 4:27pm

Pentax Optio WP
The Optio WP is always in my pocket on a trip. Its lightweight and reliability ensures that I get every photo I want. Coupled with a gorilla pod it enables me to extend the range of light in which I c...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
January 17, 6:45pm

Jolt Gum
For me the taste is non descript, maybe my taste buds have suffered from the coffee I drink in the Bodegas in NY. I use jolt in the afternoons when I am beginning to lose concentration, and am begi...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
December 12, 6:56pm

Patagonia Micro Puff Pullover
My micropuff is my go to Pullover and coupled with my possum fur vest has provided me with warmth and comfort into the teens. Additionally it packs small.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
December 09, 7:02pm

Rainy Pass (Gear Repair)
Whilst many of the readers of the site are very adept at repairing and making their own gear there are some who are not. I am one of them. As a consequence I have used Rainy Pass on 2 occasions, one t...

December 01, 7:36pm

IBEX Wool Liner Gloves
Light, warm and solid. These are the gloves I use when it is cold and windy, they are ideally suited for use with trekking poles and even when they are damp, they help to keep your hands warm. In s...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
December 01, 7:16pm