BPL Community Profile

John Whynot (jdw01776) - BPL Guest

My Locale Southeast Texas
About Me Hiking and backpacking (on and off) since 1976, mainly in the northeastern United States.
CityHouston
StateTX
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Whynot

Showing 381 - 390 of 557 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...56

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Shelter Nostalgia -- Snow Lion
I owned the Snow Lion Mountain Tent (but not the add-on "Snow Module"). It was a fairly standard design A-frame tent, with a separate fly. It was lighter than other A-frames because i...

In GEAR » Shelter Nostalgia
February 22, 10:55am

Re: still avail?
Still available -- I replied via PM...

In Gear Swap » FS -- Outdoor Research mosquito headnet
February 10, 7:05pm

Re: thanks very much, questions
EJ: A bit late responding -- I've only seen the Adidas Supernova Riots in D width, but the forefoot is wide. I remember reading in the "Complete Walker", that the ideal last for...

In GEAR » Wide forefoot/toe box shoe suggestions after pinched nerve
February 08, 2:57pm

Re: Why So Much Fail in the Digital World?
I liked this line: "People have come to depend too much on gadgets, and fail to plan for the logical possibility that they will occasionally break down." Perhaps having more realistic...

In Chaff » Why So Much Fail in the Digital World?
February 07, 2:27pm

Re: Colored down for cuben items
Very well done -- and the use of a t-test for statistical significance was icing on the cake...

In Make Your Own Gear » Colored down for cuben items
February 06, 3:00pm

Re: Wide forefoot/toe box shoe suggestions after pinched nerve
I also like a wider forefoot/toebox. I used to look for New Balances that used an SL-2 last, but they don't make trail-runners using that last anymore. I've since switched to Adidas Superno...

In GEAR » Wide forefoot/toe box shoe suggestions after pinched nerve
February 06, 1:37pm

Re: Rain Pants for short legs
I've heard good things about Specialty Outdoors for modifications and even custom gear. They could shorten your existing rain pants with no loss of functionality, even putting the knees in the ...

In GEAR » Rain Pants for short legs
February 06, 7:29am

Re: Re: re: air travel with a backpacker stove
>>It's completely legal to take liquor in unopened bottles in your check bag. Copied directly from the TSA website: Carrying Alcohol In Your Checked Baggage Please note, you canā...

In GEAR » air travel with a backpacker stove
February 03, 8:51pm

Re: Re: "Goose Down, Humane?"
@George A barrel of oil is 42 US gallons...

In GEAR » Goose Down, Humane?
January 30, 8:53pm

Re: Re: Holubar
They were purchased by The North Face in 1980...

In GEAR » The North Face sucks
January 30, 2:34pm

All Reader Reviews by John Whynot

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

StickPic camera mount
A clever, well-engineered, and lightweight (0.35 ounces by my scale) gadget for mounting a camera on the tip of a trekking pole. Should work with any compact camera with a tripod socket. Works ver...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
June 16, 10:55am

BPL Thorofare Trekking Pants
I purchased these as a replacement for my overbuilt Montbell Stretch Windpants. The fabric of the Trekking pants is a microgrid ripstop nylon, with a slightly textured inner surface. Size medium...

In Clothing - Raingear
December 07, 8:31pm