Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Evan McCarthy (evanrussia) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Northern Europe
About Me Expat UL backpacker living in Riga and exploring Northern Europe's trail and forests.
CityRiga
StateRiga
CountryLatvia
My Website URLhttps://www.facebook.com/evankylemccarthy
My PDF Gear ListGear List for June-July Kungsleden

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Evan McCarthy

Showing 381 - 390 of 392 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Forum » Thread

Re: Hot Summer Sleep System
Doug, who made your cuben down quilt?

In GEAR » Hot Summer Sleep System
June 22, 12:00pm

Silk
I've been wrestling with this issue this summer as well. I'm tempted to go out with a silk liner and keep a down vest handy for the middle of the night cool down. Does anyone have any exp...

In GEAR » Hot Summer Sleep System
June 22, 11:18am

Backpacking in the DC Area (WV/VA/MD/PA)
Hey! Anyone is more than welcome to join my group. Outings vary quite a bit but we'll accommodate you. http://www.meetup.com/DC-Backpacking-Overnight-Adventures/

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Backpacking in the DC Area (WV/VA/MD/PA)
June 16, 11:58am

SpinnTwinn and Bugs
I've used and loved my SpinnTwinn for a while now and tried to be cavalier about bugs in VA/WV/PA. But this spring has seemed to bring a torrential amount of ticks and flying bugs and I've...

In GEAR » Want to get into tarping, need advice
June 16, 10:47am

URE
David, are you related to Ure family in Rhode Island?

In GEAR » The ULA Unique Selling Point (for me)
May 19, 11:00am

Wild Oak National Recreation Trail
Larry, take a look at the Wild Oak National Recreation Trail, which abuts Ramsey's Draft Wilderness near Staunton, VA.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Need help with Weekend trip in VA
April 30, 12:11pm

REI eVent Running Jacket
I'm going to play around with the REI eVent running jacket as my rain shell here in Virginia. I've taken it out for a few weekend trips but have yet to be really rained on. If it doesn...

In GEAR » Best rain jacket for a runner?
April 30, 12:04pm

Coffee/Caffeine
I'm a one whole pot in the morning kind of guy during the week, so I backpack with caffeine pills on the weekend. What can I say, my body needs its fix. I try to start the morning with one re...

In GEAR » Base Weight Vs. Consumables Discussion
March 24, 6:22pm

REI's OXT Airflyte eVent Rain Shell
In my quest for a great shell, I'm wondering if REI's OXT Airflyte eVent shell, which REI markets as a running jacket, is the best way to go in rainy spring. I wear a brimmed hat in the ra...

In GEAR » REI's OXT Airflyte eVent Rain Shell
March 23, 9:31am

Marmot Hydrogen
I wish I had access to this report before I purchased my Hydrogen last year. It is a very comfortable bag but I bought it to be my "ultralight" bag and it is definitely heavier than its ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Three-Season Down Mummy-Style Sleeping Bags: State of the Market Report 2010
March 10, 11:27am

All Reader Reviews by Evan McCarthy

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Nunatak Arc Edge
I was dubious about an 11 oz. quilt that keeps you warm when pushing it -- but I just go back from an outing with the Arc Edge down to high 30s even (not quite expected) and found the quilt and Nunata...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
April 17, 6:48pm