Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Eric Noble (ericnoble) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me I'm 45 years old, 6'4" and 195 lbs. I've backpacked in the Colorado Rockies, the Wasatch and Uinta mountains, and in Zions National Park. I mountain bike in the Colorado Rockies. I've kayaked in Yellowstone and on Flaming Gorge, and rafted the Green, Colorado and Snake rivers. My trips are usually a week long or less. I love to hike wherever I can. I'm an Assistant Scout Master and I'm often out with the Scouts. My immediate goal is to thru-hike the Colorado trail. I've lived in Utah, Ohio, Illinois, Argentina, California, and Colorado.
CityAurora
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eric Noble

Showing 381 - 390 of 490 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Forum » Thread

Re: hhhh
It looks like you are missing the final ">". Happy to help.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » posting pics using photobucket
July 11, 4:53pm

Re: pics
Try the following: <a href="http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/jtgish/dana015.jpg">Pack picture</a> It should look like this Pack picture I always have to view the source of ...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » posting pics using photobucket
July 11, 3:17pm

Re: SUL long distance gear list
Sorry I missed the compass/watch on your skin out list. How have you liked the watch? Would you say the alarm is loud? I am hard of hearing and need a good alarm. No hat, sunglasses or sunscree...

In Gear Lists » SUL long distance gear list
July 11, 11:57am

Jordan, if that list is working for you, then let me just say congratulations! That is one "dialed in" list. As one who is struggling to stay below 10 pounds, I hesitated to comment on your list. I...

July 11, 10:23am

Re: location
Yeah, it sure is. I agree completely. The closest I have come to Arkansas with my current kit is Costa Rica. I still had my wind shirt and Smartwool Zip-T. I carry a ThermaWrap vest year round here...

July 10, 1:25pm

Is your goal to see how low you can go, or is this the norm for you? What are you using to dig cat holes with? I assume you know how much hand gel and soap you need. I need about three times what y...

July 10, 12:02pm

Re: Weight Concern
Congratulations on finishing Philmont. I would love to do it some day. I don't want this to sound flip but do you realize where you are posting? Check the quote from the LA Times at the top of the ...

In Gear Lists » Philmont gear selection..
July 07, 6:56pm

5 item first aid kit
This might be slightly off topic. I was listening to a podcast with Shana Tarter of the Wilderness Medicine Institute. Towards the end, she listed the five items she would carry in a first aid kit,...

In Gear Lists » 1lb Survival/First Aid kit for scrutiny
July 04, 10:00am

Re: Re: POE Pneumo as a pillow
I love my hammock, but have not yet tried an air filled pillow. I used to always have spare clothing that I would use as a pillow, but I'm a little more efficient now. On my last outing I missed ha...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Dry Sacks: Comparison Testing Results
June 28, 4:09pm

POE Pneumo as a pillow
Has anyone used the Pacific Outdoor Equipment WXtex Pneumo Lightweight Dry Sack as an inflatable pillow? How might it compare to the FlexAir Dual Compartment Ultralight Pillow? I am obviously most ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Dry Sacks: Comparison Testing Results
June 28, 1:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Eric Noble

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ibex 17.5 Polo
DESCRIPTION: For when a T-shirt is simply not enough of a statement, we offer class...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
April 22, 12:10pm

Ibex Climawool Glove
Here's the slightly edited description and specs from the Ibex web site. ...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
March 22, 10:00am

Ibex Hooded Shak
This is the perfect base layer for downhill skiing. The versatility of a hoody with thumb sleeves is unmatched. Hooded Shak

February 08, 10:36am

Thru-Hiker.com
I ordered a 5.5" x 7.5" sheet of 0.016 inch 6Al4V titanium from Thru-Hiker. This is a custom size not shown on the website. Talking with Ayce was a pleasure and quite helpful in completing my project....

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:52am

Smartwool Shadow Hoody
The Smartwool Shadow hoody is essentially a Smartwool Zip-T with a hood and cuff thumb holes. The fabric weight of the two garments is the same, 195g. My size large weighs 12.7 ounces on my scale. As ...

November 02, 6:24pm