Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 381 - 390 of 402 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Forum » Thread

Synthetic puffy vest
I don't want to wear out my welcome on this forum, but I have received great advice here. I am allergic to down feathers. I am looking for a synthetic vest as an insulating layer. Light wei...

In GEAR » Synthetic puffy vest
May 13, 6:55am

thanks
You have given me some great ideas. I never thought about a vest with loft. I have been using a microfleece pullover. The ray-bags with a thinlight pad seem like a good and cheap compromise. I w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sleeping systems stupid questions
May 09, 10:06am

re:Sleeping systems stupid questions
Thanks Sven and Brian. Yes, I could feel the cold from the floor in the shelter. We were hiking in August and did not expect the cold. I had all of my layers on and a beanie cap. I went to the ube...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sleeping systems stupid questions
May 09, 8:00am

Sleeping systems stupid questions
Background: I am still in my transition to the light side. I have come from a 65 lb pack to a 25 lb pack. (7 day trip). I am not an expert, but I get expert advice from this site. I am in search ...

May 09, 7:20am

re:
Single cup size gourmet hot chocolate mix from land-o-lakes sipped while watching the sun-set. Dave

In Gear Lists » luxuries?
May 09, 6:11am

re
Hi Doug, I haven't tried the pre-filter on a canteen yet. I still carry one original nalgeen bootle. Sorry ultralighters, but I can't give it up yet. It is bomb proof, you can drive a t...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Water Treatment question
May 08, 4:40am

weight?
Great research Kim. How light are these pods. You've got my brain going now. If they are lighter than a tea bag and make a good cup of jo, then it might be worth looking at. Thanks Dave

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Using Espresso Pods for pack-it-out backpacking
May 07, 8:21pm

Tapeworm eggs
Hi PJ, Your posts are most informative and I enjoy reading them. I hiked Isle Royale last year and posed the tapeworm egg question to the makers of steri-pen. I was informed that while they did...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Water Treatment question
May 07, 8:16pm

java juice is the bomb
I have to have my coffee in the morning. It is my "one" bad habit. Java juice is good for me, but it is strong. My buddy uses Pres n Brew empty tea bags and fills them with flavored coffe...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Using Espresso Pods for pack-it-out backpacking
May 07, 6:59pm

intersting thread
A couple of things: Caffeine, Sudafed(pseudoephedrine) are stimulants not sleep aids. Diphendydramine is in benadryl, simply sleep, anything PM. and is an antihistamine with a side effect of ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » sleep
May 07, 6:32am

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am