BPL Community Profile

Kevin Beeden (captain_paranoia) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me Kevin Beeden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Beeden

Showing 381 - 390 of 433 | Page: 1 ...25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Forum » Thread

problems...?
I can think of two problems that Franco might be alluding to (don't be so cryptic, Franco...) i) the outer can is pretty beat up (as you fellows say) after the firing; aluminium cans don'...

In Make Your Own Gear » Resealable beer can stove
November 24, 11:34am

walking pole and guylines?
Why not use a single walking pole and three guylines (something low-stretch; dyneema, perhaps?), pegged out with conventional slider adjustments? It won't be as sturdy as an all-pole solution,...

In Make Your Own Gear » Lightweight Camera Tripod?
November 24, 10:52am

re: Trail Design's concerns
Thanks, Roger. I've edited the post to add an explicit link to Trail Design's website, so it highlights their excellent Caldera Cone. All I'm trying to do here is extend the potential...

In Make Your Own Gear » The Caldera Strata - a secondary cone
November 24, 5:48am

thanks...
I opened up the handle cutout after I took the pictures, so it looks a bit neater now. Ideally, I'd make a Clone with handle opening to both kettle and mug, but I've taken the handles of...

November 23, 11:43am

seams
I'd be tempted to use an edge-locked plain stitch* first (with an overlocking machine, ideally, or edge-locking stitch on a conventional machine), and then sew this down afterwards; then you ha...

In Make Your Own Gear » home made softshell
November 23, 11:04am

The Caldera Strata - a secondary cone
One of the few problems with Trail Design's excellent Caldera Cone is the fact that it can only accommodate one pan, as it has to be carefully tailored to the pan. Here's an idea for add...

November 23, 5:54am

Try Point North
Point North have what they call 'waterproof loomstate cotton' for £7.39/m. 'Very similar appearance and properties to traditional "VENTILE"' Maybe worth asking a fe...

In Make Your Own Gear » Source for Ventile fabric?
October 30, 12:15pm

suggestions
Of course, it depends what things you want to make with your sewing machine: lightweight tarps etc, or clothing. I'd suggest the following additional features can be useful for clothing: ...

In Make Your Own Gear » My first sewing machine
September 25, 11:14am

feedback?
Having just spent the last hour and a half cursing at SketchUp (my first use), I admire what you've managed to achieve... I seem to be having trouble getting my head around how it thinks... ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reflector Oven... Pizza and Muffins anyone?
September 25, 8:23am

turkey bags...?
I was pondering about using one of those metallised plastic bags used for cooking turkeys (to keep them moist) as the reflector. One side of the bag is clear, one side is meatallised. You'd...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reflector Oven... Pizza and Muffins anyone?
September 24, 12:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Beeden

Kevin Beeden has posted no reviews.