BPL Community Profile

Kevin Beeden (captain_paranoia) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me Kevin Beeden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Beeden

Showing 381 - 390 of 424 | Page: 1 ...24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Forum » Thread

turkey bags...?
I was pondering about using one of those metallised plastic bags used for cooking turkeys (to keep them moist) as the reflector. One side of the bag is clear, one side is meatallised. You'd...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reflector Oven... Pizza and Muffins anyone?
September 24, 12:25pm

tempting...
Could be just what I need for a bivy-tent project that's been on the back burner for a few years. I'll look at the potential fabric lay-up and see how much I need. And how much it would...

In Make Your Own Gear » Combined order for green cuben - Anybody want some?
September 18, 10:42am

destroying the evidence...?
> A fascinating new use for DNA... I don't think David is burning bits of finger he's cut off on the sharp edges. Or maybe he's swabbing his cuts with denatured alcohol ;-)

In Make Your Own Gear » Bottle cap stove
September 18, 10:15am

cutting out the cap
> You should cut the top completely off. I use a technique I found whilst experimenting with MYOG insulated cups. I take a pair of scribing dividers, and set a small gap (about 3mm)*. I t...

September 18, 10:12am

an absorptive and conductive tray may be useful...
> Thermal mass and thermal conductivity have little to nothing to do with it. I'm aware that the thing relies on reflecting heat, but I suspected Gary was referring to the tray. You want...

September 18, 9:54am

I like it
Nice work, Dan. > It's probably more efficient than aluminum, since titanium should hold the heat better Gary, I'm not sure I follow you. The heat capacity of Ti is 0.52J/gK, and ...

September 17, 12:16pm

use of wicking material
> but stuffing them with a little wicking material makes them much safer because they don't spill when tipped. Agreed. > The wick also significantly increases heat output. Also t...

September 11, 8:00am

success
I knocked up a pan support last night, from a gash 500ml can lying around, and used the remainder of the can as a pot for test purposes. Worked fine, except for a little 'flame lift-off'...

September 11, 7:56am

thanks
> Its the top of a 12 oz alum keg can. Ah, yeah, I'd heard that the US Heini cans are tougher than the average bear (apologies for any unintended US euphemisms...) > Actually I have...

September 10, 12:52pm

nice little system
Simple 'tealight' burners work remarkably well, don't they? For all the craft you can use to make more complicated burners, an open-cup burner is as simple as it gets, and can be made ...

September 10, 12:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Beeden

Kevin Beeden has posted no reviews.