Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Beeden (captain_paranoia) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me Kevin Beeden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Beeden

Showing 381 - 390 of 437 | Page: 1 ...25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Forum » Thread

Fraying edges
Nicely done, Kathleen. > Might the fabric on the jacket that was cut fray at the ends? Since Kathleen cut through the seam seal tape, I think it's unlikely that there will be much fray...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Pit Zips
January 27, 12:20pm

flame quenching
> What is the chemistry behind this issue? How do hot supports influence CO emissions? I think the issue with a cold pot too close to the flame is that the flame is 'quenched', i.e. t...

In Make Your Own Gear » 113g Inverted canister stove
January 22, 11:28am

spike support?
Franco, How about replacing the three legs with a simple spike support for the burner? After all, as you point out, it's no longer supporting the pan, so all you need is something to keep t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Caldera Cone gas conversion
January 08, 7:15am

I'm on BPL too...
> I sent a "PM" to "captain paranoia". I'm on here, too, Connie, which might make it easier for people to PM for the latest Clone script. I notice from Caldera Fiss...

In Make Your Own Gear » ti-tri
January 07, 12:26pm

problems...?
I can think of two problems that Franco might be alluding to (don't be so cryptic, Franco...) i) the outer can is pretty beat up (as you fellows say) after the firing; aluminium cans don'...

In Make Your Own Gear » Resealable beer can stove
November 24, 11:34am

walking pole and guylines?
Why not use a single walking pole and three guylines (something low-stretch; dyneema, perhaps?), pegged out with conventional slider adjustments? It won't be as sturdy as an all-pole solution,...

In Make Your Own Gear » Lightweight Camera Tripod?
November 24, 10:52am

re: Trail Design's concerns
Thanks, Roger. I've edited the post to add an explicit link to Trail Design's website, so it highlights their excellent Caldera Cone. All I'm trying to do here is extend the potential...

In Make Your Own Gear » The Caldera Strata - a secondary cone
November 24, 5:48am

thanks...
I opened up the handle cutout after I took the pictures, so it looks a bit neater now. Ideally, I'd make a Clone with handle opening to both kettle and mug, but I've taken the handles of...

November 23, 11:43am

seams
I'd be tempted to use an edge-locked plain stitch* first (with an overlocking machine, ideally, or edge-locking stitch on a conventional machine), and then sew this down afterwards; then you ha...

In Make Your Own Gear » home made softshell
November 23, 11:04am

The Caldera Strata - a secondary cone
One of the few problems with Trail Design's excellent Caldera Cone is the fact that it can only accommodate one pan, as it has to be carefully tailored to the pan. Here's an idea for add...

November 23, 5:54am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Beeden

Kevin Beeden has posted no reviews.