BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 381 - 390 of 582 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: A niche market unrelated to BPL...
Jonathan, this isn't a SOTM article. It's a review of one product, and an excellent one at that. This is what a gear review should look like: thoughtful, honest, well-written, and the pro...

In Editor's Roundtable » Altai Skis: The Hok Ski and X-Trace Universal Binding Review
December 16, 8:51am

Re: re: Foam for Backpack Straps?
Agreed on the FY20. Good stuff. While I would never use it on shoulder straps, I will say that the blue foam is great for hipbelts. The stiffness resists collapse much better than softer foams.

In Make Your Own Gear » Foam for Backpack Straps?
December 16, 8:06am

Re: Re: Wool vs Synthetics
I have several wool and synthetic pieces and I keep going back to cap 2 as my favorite. extremely breathable and cool but can be surprisingly warm with a windshirt over it. Absorbs very little wa...

In GEAR » Wool vs Synthetics
December 15, 5:57pm

Re: Thanks
Another recommendation: take a good light and do some night hiking, even if it's just walking around your camp. Go slow and look carefully and you will see crazy stuff.

In Gear Lists » Need advice with clothing & gear for Costa Rica Osa Penninsula
December 13, 2:45pm

Re: Need advice with clothing & gear for Costa Rica Osa Penninsula
Osa is unreal. One of the coolest areas in CA. Had the opportunity to spend a week there while working in Costa Rica a few years ago. I'd stick with the shoes you have. Clothing wise in t...

In Gear Lists » Need advice with clothing & gear for Costa Rica Osa Penninsula
December 13, 1:36pm

Re: "2012 Alaska Mountain Wilderness Classic gear list"
I was going to ask about those speedwork tights...I've been eyeing those for a while. Are they warm like winter only warm or could they be an acceptable substitute for soft shell type pants fo...

In Gear Lists » 2012 Alaska Mountain Wilderness Classic gear list
December 08, 9:10pm

Free online screening of Cory Richards/Anson Fogel's Cold
Heard about this film first on Dave C's blog and then heard an interview with Cory Richards on NPR the other day. Free screening online this Friday here: http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Free online screening of Cory Richards/Anson Fogel's Cold
December 06, 12:58pm

Re: Battle of the farbrics.
I haven't seen the mini ripstop from owfinc but have used quite a bit of the black taffeta (I've used a lot of m90 as well) and can tell no difference visually or in practice between the tw...

In Make Your Own Gear » Battle of the farbrics.
December 06, 9:21am

Re: Thoughts on pack design
Great posts, Dave. Lots of good info here.

In Make Your Own Gear » Thoughts on pack design
December 04, 10:04pm

Re: Re: Hillmap + Snow Data
Awesome new features. Any chance of adding UTM grids in the future? Thanks for the great site and I love that you keep working to make it better.

In On the Web » My feature rich backcountry mapping site.
November 30, 4:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.