BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 381 - 390 of 583 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...59

Forum » Thread

"Rate my sleep system"
I've used an older Exped downmat short in cold conditions and find that it really helps with overall warmth. I'm lusting after the newer lighter Exped downmat and will probably spring for i...

In GEAR » Rate my sleep system
September 05, 10:35am

"the next sleeping bag for an ultra-cold sleeper"
The Marmot Helium (15%) is quite roomy; so much so that some people don't like this feature. I've found Marmot temp. ratings to be spot on. You could easily layer clothes inside this bag; I...

In GEAR » the next sleeping bag for an ultra-cold sleeper
September 05, 10:13am

FS: Golite, Patagonia, Melanzana, Bearpaw Wilderness
I'll be second (third?) in line for the Go Lite peak, please. I'll send a pm if i can remember how.

In Gear Swap » FS: Golite, Patagonia, Melanzana, Bearpaw Wilderness Designs
September 04, 10:21am

"Near death experiences (or close calls) on the trail?"
I had a scary crossing of the Lyell fork several years ago. I didn't go in but but it was a close call. Anyway, this summer (a much lower water year) I spent about an hour looking for a better ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Near death experiences (or close calls) on the trail?
August 27, 2:32pm

"Hoover Wilderness..Twin Lakes Trailhead to Peeler Lake
I'm pretty sure that the blowdown was from last year. On the Benson Lake loop there are two big ones--the most annoying is right at Benson Lake; the other is between Mule and Burrow pass. This ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Hoover Wilderness..Twin Lakes Trailhead to Peeler Lake and Beyond...Need some advice
August 27, 10:05am

"Isaac creates Contrail wind speed test opportunity"
Which will fare better: Romney's hair or your contrail?

In GEAR » Isaac creates Contrail wind speed test opportunity
August 26, 2:03pm

"Free Great Reads on Kindle Suggestions?"
I'm finding that the free (or .99) reads on Kindle often are really bad editions of classic works or older, bad translations. For example I downloaded Dostoevsky's The Idiot because it was ...

In GEAR » Free Great Reads on Kindle Suggestions?
August 26, 1:57pm

"Starting to rethink my stake tent on granite"
I've been pleasantly surprised at how well and how easy rocks work with stakes in the Sierra. Seems like there's always plenty of rocks in granite areas. I use a Big Agnes Fire Creek tent s...

In GEAR » Starting to rethink my stake tent on granite
August 21, 10:10am

"How do you survive the bugs?"
Nylon pants, long sleeved sun-shirt(tight weave), sun-grubbies on my hands with a spritz of deet if necessary--which is almost never. In prime insect months I wear a solumbra sun hat that has a dra...

In GEAR » How do you survive the bugs?
August 19, 10:41am

"Leg Cramps" attn. Mary D
Mary: you've probably heard this, but I thought that I might mention a really easy stretch that I do for my mild--now virtually non-existent--plantar fasciatis. Someone gave me a shaped wooden ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Leg Cramps
August 18, 4:37pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm