Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 381 - 390 of 717 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...72

Forum » Thread

"Hydration bladders... out of fashion?"
A clerk at REI said that he wasn't sure if a Steripen would work with a clear soft bottle nalgene. That seems wrong to me and according to what I've read here, but then it occurred to me th...

In GEAR » Hydration bladders... out of fashion?
March 19, 10:15am

"Why are all the eVent Rain Jackets so short"
I also have a Rab Demand and it definitely covers me bum. At 5'9'' 145 lbs the medium fits perfectly; a tad tight for layering a puffy--workable though. I think that this is a great pie...

In GEAR » Why are all the eVent Rain Jackets so short
March 18, 1:30pm

The "I don't get it" thread"
Miguel: I wear boots. So yes, that's the difference maker I guess.

In Philosophy & Technique » The "I don't get it" thread
March 18, 10:03am

The "I don't get it" thread"
Miguel: yep,you're right, I haven't tried very thin merino socks in the summer. But I like a bit of padding. I don't "get" why I would give that up for the "benefit"...

March 17, 8:56pm

"JMT list...let's talk VOLUME"
You're talking volume: keep the Weekender. A great choice. The Expedition is just ridiculously large. I hear what you're saying about not needing that much food for this last stretch. In...

In Gear Lists » JMT list...let's talk VOLUME
March 17, 8:41pm

"The "I don't get it" thread" : Merino socks in summer.
Hope this isn't a drift, sand or otherwise, but I don't get Merino wool socks in summer. Not only in the desert, but anywhere. Merino socks, even in a blend, make my feet sweat, which resu...

March 16, 7:55pm

"Upright or recumbent exercise bike?"
Don: you have plantar fasciitis and need to keep off of your feet. I assume that you already know about all of the stretches etc. that you need to be doing. Swimming is great. Obviously low ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Upright or recumbent exercise bike?
March 15, 8:00pm

"100 miles, PNW, - PCT or Wonderland?"
Anywhere around Glacier Peak will be phenomenal. Either take the boat up to Holden from Chelan and then plan from there, or take the road up (I forget the number right now) that forks at a bridge b...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 100 miles, PNW, - PCT or Wonderland?
March 15, 7:25pm

"windshield VS heat exchanger!?"
Jerry: that's pretty friggin' brilliant! 0.9 oz.; nice. And it fits inside your pot. I bought a used caldera cone (not ti-tri) just to try as a canister stove windscreen. Not recommended...

In GEAR » windshield VS heat exchanger!?
March 15, 6:56pm

"pull-on sun shirt as baselayer: does it exist?"
Looking into it, the Arctryx Motus is up to 50 spf, lightweight and very cool. An excellent base layer. I've got nothing against permethrin; quite the contrary I've used it many times. ...

In GEAR » pull-on sun shirt as baselayer: does it exist?
March 14, 8:11pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm