BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 381 - 390 of 634 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...64

Forum » Thread

"Speed Hike Sleep System Question"
Maybe the Marmot alpinist bivy. I think that it's 12 or 14 ozs. for a single. Very stripped down though.

In GEAR » Speed Hike Sleep System Question
December 12, 1:44pm

"Ibuprofen risk"
Thanks Lynn I'll look into the cox2 inhibitors. AND into the whole prophylactic use thing. I've heard contradictory things about this concerning ibuprofen.

In Philosophy & Technique » Ibuprofen risk
December 12, 1:36pm

"Ibuprofen risk" and arthritis pain
I used Ibuprofen for what I now realize is arthritis pain. Geeze, I can deal with muscle soreness. Arthritis pain in my left ankle and right knee is what I was hoping to treat and alleviate. So I...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ibuprofen risk
December 11, 6:59pm

How packs work
Excellent article. Thanks for your work. And now let me agree with Roger. 100%. With the caveat that everyone has a different anatomy, etc. Look, the old adage was 'weight on the frame, f...

In Editor's Roundtable » How Packs Work
December 05, 7:54pm

"Winter Hiking Yosemite Valley to Merced Lake"
The series of switchbacks at Bunnel Point (sp?)--just after the two bridges that cross the Merced River about five miles up from LY valley campsites--can be dangerous, depending on conditions. For ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Winter Hiking Yosemite Valley to Merced Lake
December 05, 7:27pm

Mountain town/city advice: Future move"
Bellingham, perhaps? If you can handle the rain! (A tad worse than Seattle). College town, close access to lots of outdoor activity. Not too big; doesn't feel "urban" to me. Great foo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mountain town/city advice: Future move
November 19, 4:42pm

"Learnt an very important Lesson on Hydration and
+1 on Anthony's comments about pace. Some time's it's just not your day. Maybe you didn't sleep all that well the night before; maybe you're coming down with the flu/cold and ha...

In Philosophy & Technique » Learnt an very important Lesson on Hydration and Salts
November 18, 9:28pm

"Removing Wrist Straps From Poles"
How to put your hands in the straps: the rabbit comes up through the hole and grabs the carrot.

In GEAR » Removing Wrist Straps From Poles
November 18, 1:23pm

"Wide Brimmed Visor?"
Brett: I wear mine outside of my hood. Sorry if I misunderstood and you were talking about a SA visor. Yes, the Sunday Afternoon is hotter than some other hats. Again, though, it's made of s...

In GEAR » Wide Brimmed Visor?
November 17, 6:42pm

"Wide Brimmed Visor?"
My understanding is that cotton does a lousy job as a sunscreen. You may want to do some research on this to determine a good material to use as a 'bandana'. I use the Sunday Afternoon. ...

In GEAR » Wide Brimmed Visor?
November 16, 4:47pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm