BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 381 - 390 of 622 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...63

Forum » Thread

"Backpack Packing Strategy"
Interesting: nobody so far mentions a bear canister. Doesn't this alter one's strategy?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpack Packing Strategy
November 10, 4:23pm

"Depression and Wilderness"
Like Kathy and Corrina, I find that going into the wilderness by myself for several days certainly puts me in touch with my inner self. Let me be clear: I go into the wilderness to hopefully lose m...

In Editor's Roundtable » Depression and Wilderness
November 08, 7:33pm

"Windshirt question"
In the summer I never wear a windshirt while in the process of backpacking; too hot! But I'm mostly in the Sierras. If it's raining I want my event shell;a windshirt is no good in real rain...

In GEAR » Windshirt question
October 30, 10:22am

"Marmot Minimalist"
I've had the Rab Demand for over a year and really like it a lot. I used it in winter around Tahoe last year and I thought that it was superb. Even when nordic skiing it breathed pretty darn we...

In GEAR » Marmot Minimalist
October 28, 2:03pm

"Windshirt question"
I have a North Face anorak that is waterproof (but barely breathable!) that weighs 6 oz. This past summer in good weather--with a good forecast--it became my shell and windshirt. It blocks wind bet...

October 28, 1:57pm

"Windshirt question"
I think that the op was also asking about an outer layer increasing the efficiency of a down jacket/vest. I agree with Jerry that, since I'm going to carry a wpb shell, a windshirt if sort of r...

October 28, 10:32am

"The (almost) Ultimate Arches Loop"
Your trip looks just extraordinarily beautiful. I've done a couple of day hikes out of Island in the Sky area and Arches. I've always wanted to do more. The skill set for desert hiking is d...

In Post-Trip Reports » The (almost) Ultimate Arches Loop
October 24, 7:04pm

"Obama/Biden"
re: 'vote your conscience': ab, I totally understand where you're coming from, and I agree with Doug that there is no such thing as a wasted vote. If I can add a different perspective, ...

In Chaff » Obama/Biden
October 23, 1:46pm

"Obama/Biden"
Romney is a salesman. He promises large things but when you think about it, you realize that everything he says is an empty generality. Last night this tendency--more than a tendency, an MO--was st...

In Chaff » Obama/Biden
October 23, 10:04am

"UL pack for cranky lower back"
I also need to carry my pack weight on my hips and off my shoulders because of a cranky lower back. I'm an outlier, but my solution is to use a Luxury Lite pack frame but not use the LL "b...

In GEAR » UL pack for cranky lower back
October 22, 1:40pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm