Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 381 - 390 of 646 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...65

Forum » Thread

Newtown"
edit

In Chaff » Newtown
December 24, 7:30pm

"Having hard time justifying the weight of a jetboil"
I'm a boil-only chef as well. I've found that using a good windscreen allows my little canister stove to go for a very long time. I use the smallest canister (I forget if they're 4 or 6...

In GEAR » Having hard time justifying the weight of a jetboil
December 24, 1:22pm

"Having food stolen"
Back in the eighties, during an El Nino year, Tuolumne Meadows finally opened just before the fourth of July. I didn't know what I was doing and brought snowshoes for a hike in to Sunrise. Soli...

In Philosophy & Technique » Having food stolen
December 22, 4:38pm

"Newtown"
Brad: you know what, you got me there. Open display guns aren't that common where I live. I was really just responding to nra talking points. Their answer to gun violence is always the same:...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 21, 9:43pm

"Newtown"
Guns in the malls, guns in theaters, guns in church, guns in schools. Guns in our national parks. Guns on the street; guns in your home. Everyone is ready to shoot everyone else. That's the ...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 21, 8:22pm

"Newtown"
Buck: children and adults are gunned down by semi-automatic rifle fire and you want to talk about the obesity epidemic? Come on. Why not bring in cancer? Old age? Meningitis? we can't have gun...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 20, 7:14pm

"Newtown"
MB says: :"Jeffrey, you should probably move if you feel unsafe." Several times a year in Oakland and Richmond there's another particularly sad killing, usually involving a kid ca...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 19, 9:51am

"Newtown"
Brad and others: geeze I forgot to clarify. I have absolutely nothing against hunting rifles. In fact I'm a big fan of Ducks Unlimited and all responsible hunters of non-endangered wildlife. Mo...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 18, 10:56pm

Newtown"
Brad: thanks for your reasoned and calm response to my post. I wrote my post during the last ten minutes of a half hour lunch break and realized later that I had come down way too hard on you--pers...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 18, 7:35pm

"Newtown"
Brad, you originally posted that you wanted the culture to change. Regulating or banning assault type weapons is, among other things, an important symbolic way to show that our society finds these ...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 18, 1:58pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm