Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 381 - 390 of 647 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...65

Forum » Thread

"Newtown"
Once again I went over the top on my last post. I've gotta let this go.

In Chaff » Newtown
December 25, 11:26am

Newtown"
edit

In Chaff » Newtown
December 24, 7:30pm

"Having hard time justifying the weight of a jetboil"
I'm a boil-only chef as well. I've found that using a good windscreen allows my little canister stove to go for a very long time. I use the smallest canister (I forget if they're 4 or 6...

In GEAR » Having hard time justifying the weight of a jetboil
December 24, 1:22pm

"Having food stolen"
Back in the eighties, during an El Nino year, Tuolumne Meadows finally opened just before the fourth of July. I didn't know what I was doing and brought snowshoes for a hike in to Sunrise. Soli...

In Philosophy & Technique » Having food stolen
December 22, 4:38pm

"Newtown"
Brad: you know what, you got me there. Open display guns aren't that common where I live. I was really just responding to nra talking points. Their answer to gun violence is always the same:...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 21, 9:43pm

"Newtown"
Guns in the malls, guns in theaters, guns in church, guns in schools. Guns in our national parks. Guns on the street; guns in your home. Everyone is ready to shoot everyone else. That's the ...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 21, 8:22pm

"Newtown"
Buck: children and adults are gunned down by semi-automatic rifle fire and you want to talk about the obesity epidemic? Come on. Why not bring in cancer? Old age? Meningitis? we can't have gun...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 20, 7:14pm

"Newtown"
MB says: :"Jeffrey, you should probably move if you feel unsafe." Several times a year in Oakland and Richmond there's another particularly sad killing, usually involving a kid ca...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 19, 9:51am

"Newtown"
Brad and others: geeze I forgot to clarify. I have absolutely nothing against hunting rifles. In fact I'm a big fan of Ducks Unlimited and all responsible hunters of non-endangered wildlife. Mo...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 18, 10:56pm

Newtown"
Brad: thanks for your reasoned and calm response to my post. I wrote my post during the last ten minutes of a half hour lunch break and realized later that I had come down way too hard on you--pers...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 18, 7:35pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm