BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 381 - 390 of 640 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...64

Forum » Thread

"Newtown"
MB says: :"Jeffrey, you should probably move if you feel unsafe." Several times a year in Oakland and Richmond there's another particularly sad killing, usually involving a kid ca...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 19, 9:51am

"Newtown"
Brad and others: geeze I forgot to clarify. I have absolutely nothing against hunting rifles. In fact I'm a big fan of Ducks Unlimited and all responsible hunters of non-endangered wildlife. Mo...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 18, 10:56pm

Newtown"
Brad: thanks for your reasoned and calm response to my post. I wrote my post during the last ten minutes of a half hour lunch break and realized later that I had come down way too hard on you--pers...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 18, 7:35pm

"Newtown"
Brad, you originally posted that you wanted the culture to change. Regulating or banning assault type weapons is, among other things, an important symbolic way to show that our society finds these ...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 18, 1:58pm

"Newtown"
Douglas..."sigh"...there's always been crazy people, and murderers. Today, crazy people and murderers in the U.S. have access to military style weapons. You want to solve the larger p...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 15, 9:19pm

edit
edit

In Chaff » Newtown
December 15, 8:45pm

"Speed Hike Sleep System Question"
Maybe the Marmot alpinist bivy. I think that it's 12 or 14 ozs. for a single. Very stripped down though.

In GEAR » Speed Hike Sleep System Question
December 12, 1:44pm

"Ibuprofen risk"
Thanks Lynn I'll look into the cox2 inhibitors. AND into the whole prophylactic use thing. I've heard contradictory things about this concerning ibuprofen.

In Philosophy & Technique » Ibuprofen risk
December 12, 1:36pm

"Ibuprofen risk" and arthritis pain
I used Ibuprofen for what I now realize is arthritis pain. Geeze, I can deal with muscle soreness. Arthritis pain in my left ankle and right knee is what I was hoping to treat and alleviate. So I...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ibuprofen risk
December 11, 6:59pm

How packs work
Excellent article. Thanks for your work. And now let me agree with Roger. 100%. With the caveat that everyone has a different anatomy, etc. Look, the old adage was 'weight on the frame, f...

In Editor's Roundtable » How Packs Work
December 05, 7:54pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm