Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 381 - 390 of 660 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...66

Forum » Thread

"Newtown -- Who Here Changed His (or Her) Mind?"
Reducing mass murder to a statistic as a way to dismiss the need for reasonable gun controls is just cold. We know that gun control can limit the carnage. This seems to be a case of the nra not be...

In Chaff » Newtown -- Who Here Changed His (or Her) Mind?
January 13, 1:53pm

how do you stop pillow sliding off sleeping mat"
I put an exped pillow inside of a stuff sack and then surround it with a down vest. Then I place it on top of some other clothes at the head of my mat; that is, on the ground and off the mat. This ...

In GEAR » how do you stop pillow sliding off sleeping mat
January 10, 7:55pm

Bear Canister Carry Options With Small Packs
I think that the notion is, if you set your pack down to climb the cables at half dome, for instance, and a bear rips it open for the food inside, you'll at least still have your food if it'...

In GEAR » Bear Canister Carry Options With Small Packs
January 08, 8:10pm

Bear Canister Carry Options With Small Packs
Assuming that you can afford a different pack (and I can't right now!) this seems like a complicated answer to a simple problem. Even an empty bear canister strapped to the outside of your pack...

In GEAR » Bear Canister Carry Options With Small Packs
January 08, 7:26pm

"moleskin vs leukotape"
For me it's: one of those blister 'band-aids'--which adhere very well to your feet--followed by a leukotape wrap. Even after soaking my feet in a river etc. this combination will usuall...

In GEAR » moleskin vs leukotape
January 08, 10:05am

"EB downlights jackets for 99$ ... hooded 119$ ... vests
I'm really happy with the Downlight jacket; I bought mine super cheap on this forum. But I haven't used a lot of down jackets, other than in stores, so I can't readily compare. I'm ...

In Gear Deals » EB downlights jackets for 99$ ... hooded 119$ ... vests 69$
January 02, 3:22pm

"Lacing to help heel slippage?"
Yeah but Roger the average life expectancy 5000 years ago was about 30. OK I'm guessing but you get my point. Is it possible to take the whole paleo thing too far? Throw the baby dinosaur out w...

In GEAR » Lacing to help heel slippage?
January 02, 3:14pm

"Long sleeve shirt for sun protection"
I forgot to mention that my Mountain Hardware nylon sun shirt has vents that run under the arms and down the side. This is brilliant if you're wearing a pack--as opposed to back vents. Also, it...

In GEAR » Long sleeve shirt for sun protection
January 01, 3:45pm

"Fly Creek UL2: Not for Giants"
In terms of condensation,yeah, I wondered why my sl1 didn't have a vent. Turns out that I have to stake out the tent in all conditions, and then usually I leave a little bit of the fly unzipped...

In GEAR » Fly Creek UL2: Not for Giants
December 31, 8:20pm

"Insulated Waterproof Gloves"
Rab makes an Event waterproof glove that's lightly insulated. Size up if you want to wear liners. I'm happy with mine. Sorry, I don't know the weight but they are definitely durable.

In GEAR » Insulated Waterproof Gloves
December 31, 7:48pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm