Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chad "Stick" Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me My stomping grounds are the SE US, and 90% of the time, somewhere on the AT in GA, TN, or NC. Other times I enjoy going to the Smokies, or other smaller wilderness areas such as the Savage Gulf area.
Most of my trips are between 2 - 5 days long, with rare 7 day long trips. My total pack weights are generally under 20 lbs, unless trying new gear, or carrying extra for the kids. In the dead of summer, I enjoy SUL hikes, and have given thought to XUL (almost there...)
CityRight Here
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListBasic 30 - 50 F Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Showing 381 - 390 of 733 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...74

Forum » Thread

Re: filtering water in cold temps
I have come to just use chemicals in below freezing temps and my sawyer squeeze the rest of the time. I don't want to chance a frozen filter, and as far as I know, there is no real way to test ...

In GEAR » filtering water in cold temps
January 25, 9:26pm

Re: About to pull trigger on a Hexamid - quick "?"s on cuben weight
I love my solo plus, and have no concerns with the 0.51 cuben, I think that it is just fine for a shelter. However, if you think you would want the 0.7, I would say go for it, the weight difference...

In GEAR » About to pull trigger on a Hexamid - quick "?"s on cuben weight
January 24, 5:43pm

Re: Silnylon Rain Gear- Rain Gear and Wind Shirt All In One?
I have used the DriDucks, an AGG sil rain jacket and currently using the Luke's UltraLite rain jacket. I also have the GoLite Tumalo (but the prior version, made from Pertex Shield). In my o...

In GEAR » Silnylon Rain Gear- Rain Gear and Wind Shirt All In One?
January 22, 8:30pm

in the pot
I store mine right in the pot with no ziploc, just leave then in the blister pack.

In GEAR » Esbit tabs in opsak in...?
January 16, 6:47am

Re: Re: Synthetic overquilt
This was actually part of my reasoning in buying 2 different synthetic top quilts earlier this year. I will admit though, a majority of my reasoning was more towards moving the point of condensatio...

In GEAR » Synthetic overquilt
January 07, 7:34pm

Both!
I am in the same boat as you, I am very careful with all of my gear (whether it be more fragile or not), so my real concerns would be an accident, whether that is as you say, a slip on the trail (w...

In GEAR » Suluk46 beer pot stove users feedback needed
January 01, 6:57pm

Re: Gossamer Gear Spinnshelter & YAMA Inner Net Tent (20 & 7/8 oz)
Dang! I wish I had seen this.... missed it by that much! Oh well, free bump!

In Gear Swap » Gossamer Gear Spinnshelter & YAMA Inner Net Tent (20 & 7/8 oz)
January 01, 6:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Suluk46 beer pot stove users feedback needed
As far as the LiteTrail cook kit, after shipping the T.E.A. system to you, the difference is only $22, so that is not to bad. As far as the weight, the lid on the pot is 0.6 oz, simply use a pie...

January 01, 6:20pm

Re: Suluk46 beer pot stove users feedback needed
I don't have one personally, but a friend of mine does and he says he likes it just fine. I do have Steve's small winsdcreen, which I believe is just a hair bigger and has different shaped ...

January 01, 3:15pm

I like Esbit
I like to use Esbit, although, I do admit, it can leave a residue behind, but this is easily managed and worked around. Only bad thing about Esbit is that is is generally more expensive than other ...

In GEAR » how come esbit is not more popular?
December 31, 10:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Chad "Stick" Poindexter has posted no reviews.