BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 381 - 390 of 563 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...57

Forum » Thread

Re: excellent
I agree, Joe's always responded to my emails within a few hours. Heck, he even got back to me while his shop was closed for Christmas. Definitely top notch customer service (which is one reason...

In GEAR » Hexamid solo-plus microline locs
March 06, 11:23am

Re: Hexamid solo-plus microline locs
Joe sends some spectra cord that you cut. The instructions tell you how many pieces to cut certain lengths and at which corner/tie out to use them. You don't need line locks or even need to tie...

In GEAR » Hexamid solo-plus microline locs
March 06, 8:29am

Re: BD Alpine Carbon Cork Poles or Leki Corklite Aergon SpeedLock?
FYI: In Andrew Skurka's new book, he claims that the BD poles you have linked to are his current favorites... He says that they are "the best combination of weight, stiffness, and lock rel...

In GEAR » Need trekking pole advice...have it narrowed down to two
March 03, 3:41pm

Re: Zpacks Multi-pack
If the pack has a daisy chain on the shoulder straps it can be attached. I attach my multipack using the provided straps at around shoulder level on the daisy chain on my pack straps. The webbing u...

In GEAR » Zpacks Multi-pack
March 02, 5:33am

Re: ExOfficio Air Strip Lite shirt.
I sent mine back pretty soon after I got it. The fit was all wrong for me...way too baggy in the torso area and the sleeves were too short... That was a bummer too because I really wanted to like t...

In GEAR » ExOfficio Air Strip Lite shirt.
March 01, 10:01pm

solo plus groundsheet
I use the Zpacks Solo Plus groundsheet in my Solo Plus Hexamid. As mentioned above, using the right rain gear can be better than compromise, and in this case too I feel that the appropriate ground ...

In GEAR » Ground sheet
February 29, 9:27am

batteries
Zebralight responded to my email late last night. They say that the L91 is the best disposable and the Eneloops are the best rechargeables. So, I have that covered!

In GEAR » Batteries for a ZebraLight H51
February 27, 6:24am

Re: don't overthink it
Harold, it has been a bit overwhelming for me...but it is getting better. And I know that once all of this is in my hands and I use it a few times it won't be so bad. Like I said, I ordered...

February 26, 7:50pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: This is getting deep...
Paul...I hear ya...after going back and rereading through the thread already it seems a bit involved...but I think that I will be happy with the Zebralight...and regardless of how all this battery ...

February 26, 7:23pm

Re: Re: This is getting deep...
"It IS deep. And you get to teach US about it once you have your equipment in hand." I agree...it is deep...I am reading the reviews on Amazon right now...but as far as me teaching eve...

February 26, 7:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.