BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 381 - 390 of 602 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...61

Forum » Thread

Re: link?
I don't think it is online...I could be wrong though...I have a sub that I got for like $3 and an issue came in the mail today...I was just really surprised to see these packs listed in the mag...

In GEAR » MLD, ZPacks & GG in the Backpacker Mag...
April 17, 7:33pm

Re: My newly modified Hexamid, Wild Oasis inspired.
Nice mods. And I agree, Joe is great to deal with! Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

In GEAR » My newly modified Hexamid, Wild Oasis inspired.
April 17, 6:50pm

MLD, ZPacks & GG in the Backpacker Mag...
Just curious if anyone noticed that the recent issue of Backpacker included short articles on the MLD Exodus FS, ZPacks Exo and the Gossamer Gear Gorilla (old version) on page 41. According to ...

In GEAR » MLD, ZPacks & GG in the Backpacker Mag...
April 17, 5:02pm

Re: Are bathtub floors necessary?
Ron Moak from Six Moon Designs has an interesting article on bathtub floors. You can read it here: http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/blog/72-bathtub-floors.html

In GEAR » Are bathtub floors necessary?
April 17, 4:13pm

My detailed Google Docs Gear List
Here is the gear list that I use. I have a few of these that I work from. For a particular trip I just make a copy of a summer or a winter gear list and make tweaks to it, this way I can keep a gea...

In Gear Lists » Anyone Got a Google Docs or OpenOffice Spreadsheet Template?
April 14, 6:03pm

Re: 2012 Gorilla
The pack body is actually listed at 14.4 oz (that is without the hip belt, SitLight pad and the stays). Anyway, it is a very nice looking pack but I wish the top lid was simply a piece of materi...

In GEAR » 2012 Gorilla
April 13, 1:39pm

BD Trail Ergo Cork poles
From REI, I would go with the BD Trail Ergo Cork poles. They are $109 but if you are using the 20% discount they will be under $100 easy. http://www.rei.com/product/830471/black-diamond-trail-er...

In GEAR » Trekking Pole Questions
April 13, 1:27pm

Re: Anyone experience the SMD Feather? ....and other pack advice.
I have no experience with the Feather, but I do with the Swift. The Swift is a nice pack for sure, but it is also a big pack. My advice (based purely on amount of space/volume) is that if you have ...

In GEAR » Anyone experience the SMD Feather? ....and other pack advice.
April 11, 8:57am

Suluk 46
Suluk 46 sells some a bit wider than 20 inches, but it's Plastazote instead of Evazote. Nevermind, it's 1/2 inch...

In GEAR » Evazote
April 09, 12:54pm

Re: Shout out for Lawson Equipment - Awesome customer service
Another happy customer here! Lawson is great to deal with and I don't hesitate to recommend his site to others.

In GEAR » Shout out for Lawson Equipment - Awesome customer service
April 08, 10:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.