BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 381 - 390 of 575 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...58

Forum » Thread

Actual Weights
After all this talk lately I decided to pull my Heine/Esbit system out and cook some Ramen for lunch in it today. After messing with it I also decided to add in a small piece of aluminum foil to us...

In GEAR » My new stove setup, under 3oz. Everything but fuel.
March 18, 12:57pm

Re: 20% off coupon works now
Thanks Greg...I wish I had realized this sooner...I have been sitting around waiting...anyway, it does work...I just ordered the Sawyer Squeeze for $47.89 (after the 20% coupon) using my dividend a...

In Gear Deals » REI Dividend?
March 18, 10:38am

Re: Chlorine Dioxide in Platypus Soft Bottle
I have had no problems with mine so far. I typically use the tabs, but have also used the drops. Here is a video that I recently did. I showed myself adding some tabs in a 2L platy soft bottle and ...

In GEAR » Chlorine Dioxide in Platypus Soft Bottle
March 17, 9:08pm

Re: Re: Jinxed
Thanks Dan. That is interesting...I never thought about it being from manufacturing... Jeff, I assume that you are referring to the lid on my Backcountry pot and not on the Heine pot... So, for ...

March 17, 2:19pm

Jinxed
Maybe I am jinxed...I dunno...I wonder if any others out there has had their beer can pots bubble up? Surely I can't be the only one... Anywhoo... I will still use my setup that I listed at ...

March 16, 9:21pm

Re: Six Moon Designs Skyscape Tents - Scout
Depending on how much room you like for you and your dog, but I would say it is doable. I had the Trekker version and I felt like it was big enough for me (5'10" ~ 200 lbs) and my 6 year o...

In GEAR » Six Moon Designs Skyscape Tents - Scout
March 16, 9:17pm

Re: My new stove setup, under 3oz. Everything but fuel.
Nice set-up you got there. I have played with "UL" set-ups with cook systems in the past. My lightest one comes to 2.2 oz, not counting my cup, lighter or spoon. Here are those items: ...

March 16, 4:18pm

Smokeeater908
Check out Smokeeater 908's store over at Outdoor Trail Gear. He sells the Foster's with a lid and a ring and wrapped in wick in 8, 12, or 16 oz for $28. I have bought a pot ring and lid fro...

In GEAR » Foster or Heineken Keg Can???
March 15, 3:44pm

Helium
I have the regular Helium (non membrane). Mine weighs 34.5 oz without the stuff sack. The stuff sack is an additional 0.7 oz. I have used mine cowboy camping in 17 F temps comfortably, granted wit...

In GEAR » REI Igneo 19 degree down sleeping bag
March 15, 6:38am

Re: Shoe weights
According to Backpacker.com a pair of 10.5 (US Mens) is 2 lbs 2 oz. http://www.backpacker.com/gear-review-montrail-sabino-trail-mid-gtx-boots/gear/15439 On Moontrail a reviewer says that his ...

In GEAR » Shoe weights
March 14, 7:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.