BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 381 - 390 of 597 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...60

Forum » Thread

Re: 2012 Gorilla
The pack body is actually listed at 14.4 oz (that is without the hip belt, SitLight pad and the stays). Anyway, it is a very nice looking pack but I wish the top lid was simply a piece of materi...

In GEAR » 2012 Gorilla
April 13, 1:39pm

BD Trail Ergo Cork poles
From REI, I would go with the BD Trail Ergo Cork poles. They are $109 but if you are using the 20% discount they will be under $100 easy. http://www.rei.com/product/830471/black-diamond-trail-er...

In GEAR » Trekking Pole Questions
April 13, 1:27pm

Re: Anyone experience the SMD Feather? ....and other pack advice.
I have no experience with the Feather, but I do with the Swift. The Swift is a nice pack for sure, but it is also a big pack. My advice (based purely on amount of space/volume) is that if you have ...

In GEAR » Anyone experience the SMD Feather? ....and other pack advice.
April 11, 8:57am

Suluk 46
Suluk 46 sells some a bit wider than 20 inches, but it's Plastazote instead of Evazote. Nevermind, it's 1/2 inch...

In GEAR » Evazote
April 09, 12:54pm

Re: Shout out for Lawson Equipment - Awesome customer service
Another happy customer here! Lawson is great to deal with and I don't hesitate to recommend his site to others.

In GEAR » Shout out for Lawson Equipment - Awesome customer service
April 08, 10:25pm

OR PL150
I use a pair of OR PL150 gloves and they have been great for me. I have layered them under the MLD eVENT rain mitts and they worked great, however, I recently picked up a pair of ZPacks over mitts....

In GEAR » What is your favorite liner style glove?
April 08, 3:51pm

Re: Frameless backpack w thermarest neoair xlite
I have been rolling up my original NeoAir and using a rubber band to keep it in place inside my frameless packs, however, I have recently decided to just fold it and place it against the back of my...

In GEAR » Frameless backpack w thermarest neoair xlite
April 08, 10:15am

Ti-Eye Stakes
Lawson Kline used to sell the Ti-Eye stakes which are what you describe. They are almost entirely closed off (creating an eye) but there is enough room for a cord to slip through into the eye. They...

In GEAR » Tent Stakes
April 08, 9:43am

Re: Re: Re: Sawyer Squeeze
The thread pitch is different on my Squeeze filter and my 2L Platy soft bottle. I have read that the Evernew soft bottles (sold at AGG) have the same thread pitch, but I cannot verify this since I ...

In GEAR » water filter..real or ???
April 07, 5:01pm

Sawyer Squeeze
I paid $47 for my Sawyer Squeeze. Much faster flow rate, filters down to 0.1 micron, weighs less than 3 oz and has a lifetime guarantee on the filter...

In GEAR » water filter..real or ???
April 07, 3:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.