Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chad "Stick" Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me My stomping grounds are the SE US, and 90% of the time, somewhere on the AT in GA, TN, or NC. Other times I enjoy going to the Smokies, or other smaller wilderness areas such as the Savage Gulf area.
Most of my trips are between 2 - 5 days long, with rare 7 day long trips. My total pack weights are generally under 20 lbs, unless trying new gear, or carrying extra for the kids. In the dead of summer, I enjoy SUL hikes, and have given thought to XUL (almost there...)
CityRight Here
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListBasic 30 - 50 F Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Showing 381 - 390 of 658 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...66

Forum » Thread

Re: Tea light stove
I agree with going with something with a narrower flame on it... something that will concentrate most of the flame beneath the cook pot rather than running up alongside the walls. Something like...

In GEAR » Best Sideburner for Foster's Can
June 19, 6:40pm

Re: Re: Adding post to: "Jetboil warranty won't return my cup!
Any bets on how long it will last before they take it down? :)

In GEAR » Jetboil warranty won't return my cup!
June 16, 7:27pm

Re: no more jetboilers
I agree with Eric...but then again, due to my love of alcohol or Esbit stoves (I am not a huge fan of canister stoves) my opinion may also be a bit biased... :) I do remember the POE thread...t...

June 16, 5:56pm

Fast Pack Pad Thai
Nathan, thanks for sharing the link. I have come to really like this recipe, but I found out that I can only take so much of the oil... I am not sure if I just had too much with 1 oz per serving, o...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Low Cost Freezer Bag Meals
June 15, 10:08pm

Re: Golite poncho tarp a little confusing
I also swapped out the cord in the hood for a small diameter shock cord with a cord lock. I am sure it saved a fraction of an oz, but it doesn't show up on my scales any different. (That don...

In GEAR » Golite poncho tarp a little confusing
June 15, 8:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: theft it is
Wow...it sure enough was removed because I had posted on it... My Jetboil still works fine, as far as I know, but I don't ever use it other than to loan it out. They sure do seem awfully ske...

June 14, 4:08pm

big fan of the opsak
I am a big fan of the Opsaks. I always use one in conjunction with my food bag, which is most of the time a ZPacks Blast food bag (with the cinch top). I have a trip coming up in 2 weeks, and ha...

In GEAR » Opsak test
June 12, 6:43pm

Re: Down Quilt
Very nice! I am jealous of your skills... :)

In Make Your Own Gear » Down Quilt
June 08, 7:34pm

Re: Solo 11oz quilt (MYOG)
Very nice dude! Looks great and the weight is sweet too! Congrats. I didn't fare to well with mine...I ended up sending the stuff to Tim and after some talking, he is doing me one up, but I ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Solo 11oz quilt (MYOG)
June 05, 7:23pm

Re: quilt sleeping advice...
I usually bring sleeping clothes of some sort, but on an upcoming trip, I am not. The only extra clothing I am bringing is an extra pair of socks, and a down hat just in case the temp drops a littl...

In GEAR » quilt sleeping advice...
June 03, 11:55am

All Reader Reviews by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Chad "Stick" Poindexter has posted no reviews.