Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chad "Stick" Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me My stomping grounds are the SE US, and 90% of the time, somewhere on the AT in GA, TN, or NC. Other times I enjoy going to the Smokies, or other smaller wilderness areas such as the Savage Gulf area.
Most of my trips are between 2 - 5 days long, with rare 7 day long trips. My total pack weights are generally under 20 lbs, unless trying new gear, or carrying extra for the kids. In the dead of summer, I enjoy SUL hikes, and have given thought to XUL (almost there...)
CityRight Here
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListBasic 30 - 50 F Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Showing 381 - 390 of 620 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...62

Forum » Thread

Re: Melting the ends of IronWire
From what I remember, I have not had any trouble just using a lighter to melt the ends too. It has been a while since I have had to cut any though since I cut it all up and applied it when I got it...

In GEAR » Melting the ends of IronWire
May 07, 5:38pm

Hawk Vittles
I have really enjoyed the Hawk Vittles Meals. And the good thing is, these are made fresh by a retired professional chef with fresh ingredients. He then dehydrates them, seals them up and ships the...

In GEAR » Backpacking food
May 07, 5:01pm

size and cost
Are they the 24 oz keg cans and how much would you want to ship them?

In GEAR » Heineken beer can
May 03, 6:43am

Still loving mine!
I haven't had mine quite a year yet, but I have used it everyday since I received it and to date, it is still holding up perfectly. No loose threads, no rips, tears or anything. I am very happy...

In Gear Deals » *** Wa-ben (Cuben Wallet) free shipping ***
May 02, 8:16pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Original NeoAir...
Ross, when they emailed me back, it didn't sound too likely that this was an option. It sounds like they are leaving the All Season and the Trekker in rectangular shape, and the "X" p...

In GEAR » NeoAir XLite - Aluminized Baffles Wearing Off ?!?
April 30, 6:06pm

Re: Re: Original NeoAir...
Ben, just curious what is making you think that this is happening in your original NeoAir? I don't really care if the pads are see through or not, although I am not so sure that many "i...

April 30, 3:34pm

Re: NeoAir XLite vs XTherm
Just keep in mind that the newer "X" pads are mummy cut as opposed to the original NeoAirs rectangular cut. I live in the Southeast, so I am able to use my original NeoAir all year around...

In GEAR » NeoAir XLite vs XTherm
April 30, 1:15pm

Original NeoAir...
I just wish that they would bring back the original NeoAirs...

April 30, 1:11pm

Re: Re: Neoair with a quilt
+1 to what Stephan says. Here in the Southeast, I am fine using my original NeoAir on its own down to mid to low 20's (F). (Of course though, we all know that YMMV...everyone is different, a...

In GEAR » Neoair with a quilt
April 29, 8:22pm

Re: Six of one half a dozen of another
Duane, As Stephan said, a good pad helps both (bag & quilt) equally. So, if you were having to add a thicker pad with a quilt, you would also have to add it with a bag. As well, most of the col...

In GEAR » Should I upgrade sleeping pad before buying a quilt?
April 29, 7:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Chad "Stick" Poindexter has posted no reviews.