BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 381 - 390 of 552 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...56

Forum » Thread

Re: maha are good
So, I have ordered the eneloop batteries with the charger. If I were to order the MH-C9000 to use in place of the stock charger what should be the first thing I would do with the batteries on the i...

In GEAR » Batteries for a ZebraLight H51
February 26, 5:46pm

Re: Black Rock Gear
I have one of Evans original BRG down hats. Great customer service here too...I exchanged a few emails with him before ordering and he was very prompt and answered my questions. Shipping was quick ...

In GEAR » Black Rock Gear
February 26, 2:57pm

Maha Chargers
Those Maha chargers are nice...but they are a little pricey...I will keep this charger in mind if I decide that I like the eneloop batteries better than buying all the lithium batteries...

February 26, 2:53pm

Ti Eye stakes
I am a happy user of Lawson Kline's 7" Ti stakes. A while back he had some of the Ti-Eye stakes that helped solve the problem with the rotating head on the shepherd hook stakes. Unfortunat...

In GEAR » Titanium stakes
February 26, 2:00pm

Re: Re: Batteries for a ZebraLight H51
"So, I maintain a stock of different batteries here, L91, rechargeable, alkaline, etc. I pick the correct one off the shelf before each different kind of trip, and I do not carry spares."...

February 26, 1:26pm

No Free Lunch
They modified the chemistry to reduce the leakage, but "there's no free lunch" Thanks Jerry....I am curious if anyone else can comment on your response. Phillip, I would lik...

February 26, 11:21am

Re: Re.
Thanks Phillip and Tom. I am just going to order 4 of the eneloops with a charger and some of the Ultimate's too...if I like using the eneloops once I use the lithiums, I will just stay wit...

February 26, 10:30am

"optimized"
I am not saying that what the guy on YouTube said was right...but it raised questions for me. And really...I thought a battery was a battery...but obviously they are not... I will probably just ...

February 26, 9:55am

Batteries for a ZebraLight H51
So, I was lookinng around for information on the Fenix LD01 light last night and happened upon a few threads BPL...but it seemed many of these threads ended up being about the ZebraLight's (nam...

February 26, 9:07am

Clarification
Ok...at a real keyboard... The last few summers I have been trying to find a shirt that I enjoy wearing during our hot months. That is in the SE so yep, hot and humid...there ain't no gettin...

In GEAR » Looking for a summer shirt
February 25, 7:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.