BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 381 - 390 of 591 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...60

Forum » Thread

Re: Frameless backpack w thermarest neoair xlite
I have been rolling up my original NeoAir and using a rubber band to keep it in place inside my frameless packs, however, I have recently decided to just fold it and place it against the back of my...

In GEAR » Frameless backpack w thermarest neoair xlite
April 08, 10:15am

Ti-Eye Stakes
Lawson Kline used to sell the Ti-Eye stakes which are what you describe. They are almost entirely closed off (creating an eye) but there is enough room for a cord to slip through into the eye. They...

In GEAR » Tent Stakes
April 08, 9:43am

Re: Re: Re: Sawyer Squeeze
The thread pitch is different on my Squeeze filter and my 2L Platy soft bottle. I have read that the Evernew soft bottles (sold at AGG) have the same thread pitch, but I cannot verify this since I ...

In GEAR » water filter..real or ???
April 07, 5:01pm

Sawyer Squeeze
I paid $47 for my Sawyer Squeeze. Much faster flow rate, filters down to 0.1 micron, weighs less than 3 oz and has a lifetime guarantee on the filter...

In GEAR » water filter..real or ???
April 07, 3:48pm

NeoAir
Another vote for the Neo...

In GEAR » Sleep pad for side sleepers.
April 04, 8:30pm

Mod
I have heard that simply folding the pillow over in half and using an iron across it will create a seal and turn it into a dual chamber pillow. I have not done this yet but I am going to give it a ...

In GEAR » Pillow Talk
April 03, 4:31pm

Ticks Suck!
I hate ticks... I just bring my gear in my tent with me.

In GEAR » ticks in your gear while you're in the bug bivy?
April 02, 8:45pm

Lunar Duo
I like my Lunar Duo...

In GEAR » Tents: What is green and open on both sides?
April 02, 7:06pm

Re: Bad Timing
Yep, Joe is now taping all of his Hexamids. This is good news to my ears, although I already have mine and I taped it myself. As far as my seam sealing not being effective on my Hexamid, I can&#...

In GEAR » ZPacks update Hexamid shelters with tape bonding as a default feature!
April 02, 1:44pm

Re: ZPacks Exo comparative capacity
I had the SMD Swift, and it was very very close (if not the same) to the same capacity as my ULA Circuit. http://sticksblog.com/gear/my-current-gear/backpack/six-moon-designs-swift/

In GEAR » ZPacks Exo comparative capacity
April 01, 2:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.