Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chad "Stick" Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me My stomping grounds are the SE US, and 90% of the time, somewhere on the AT in GA, TN, or NC. Other times I enjoy going to the Smokies, or other smaller wilderness areas such as the Savage Gulf area.
Most of my trips are between 2 - 5 days long, with rare 7 day long trips. My total pack weights are generally under 20 lbs, unless trying new gear, or carrying extra for the kids. In the dead of summer, I enjoy SUL hikes, and have given thought to XUL (almost there...)
CityRight Here
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListBasic 30 - 50 F Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Showing 381 - 390 of 679 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...68

Forum » Thread

Re: Lifestraw & giardia
I carried one and tried it out on my last trip, although I did not use it exclusively on the trip. Instead, when I came to streams, I pulled it out and sipped with it. The first time I used it, it ...

In GEAR » Lifestraw ultralight water purification system by Vestergaard Frandsen
September 20, 7:33pm

Re: Re: Re Cuben fiber pack, practical for me?
I have a Zero, size small and the only options is a front mesh pocket and some loops so that I can strap a GG SitLight pad to the outside as the frame (when I choose to carry it) My regular size, O...

In GEAR » Cuben fiber pack, practical for me?
September 14, 4:20pm

Re: 12-10 (Caldera Cone burner) question
I cannot say for sure that with the 12-10 stove this is true, but I feel like this is a accurate assessment. I have noticed the same thing with my WBS in the past. Once the fuel starts to run o...

In GEAR » 12-10 (Caldera Cone burner) question
September 10, 5:51pm

Re: 2.85oz Esbit cook kit
Nice set-up! I love watching these kinds of vids...great job. Here is my "SUL" cook kit, which is similar to yours... http://sticksblog.com/2012/06/09/sul-cook-kit/

In GEAR » 2.85oz Esbit cook kit
September 09, 8:29pm

Re: Details
Pete, I actually got the last one off of Lawson a few weeks ago! Now I have the 0.6, 0.9 and the 1.3... I love these things... :) And a little mini sidewinder system for this thing would be a...

In GEAR » Evernew Ti UL Pot #1
September 06, 8:41pm

On top with the Original
I can speak from experience that with the Original NeoAir, a ccf pad ON TOP will provide/maintain more warmth than when it is under the NeoAir. I need to get one of the All Seasons though so I ...

In GEAR » CCF Pad and Neoair
September 01, 11:45am

Re: How cold can you go with this gear?
I have worn my Cap 2 long sleeve, R1 pullover, MB UL Down Inner Parka and a hard shell and been fine to temps in the low teens. Of course this was with a bogin and gloves also...

In GEAR » How cold can you go with this gear?
August 22, 4:18pm

Borah Bivies
Check out the Borah Bivies. He has both bug bivies as well as regular bivies, and can all be had for well under $100. http://www.borahgear.com/index.html

In GEAR » Mesh topped bivy under a 5X8 tarp in cold weather?
August 16, 9:28pm

Re: Ultralight A to Z Gear Videos
I agree with Ken... I don't want to see them rushed either so it is worth the wait. And I am sure that being a new father is also taking up quite a bit of time too... can't blame him for th...

In GEAR » Ultralight A to Z Gear Videos
August 16, 3:26pm

Re: Getting H2O into the Sawyer bag
On the trail, if I come to a small puddle and need to fill up then I grab a gallon size Ziploc bag that I keep in an outer pocket. I just lay the Ziploc in the water and then pull it out, then pour...

In GEAR » Getting H2O into the Sawyer bag
August 14, 9:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Chad "Stick" Poindexter has posted no reviews.