BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 381 - 390 of 896 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...90

Forum » Thread

Miles Per Day
Oh great sages of the Internet Hiking Forums, What is the optimum MPD to hike the JMT? I'm afraid if I hike too fast, I will not be enjoying myself. I hear many people talking about sl...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New JMT Speed Record
August 06, 8:47pm

Camp shoes
Simply because some people like them and don't mind carrying the extra weight. I don't use them. Some do. Not too much more complicated than that. :)

In GEAR » What's the purpose of camp shoes?
August 05, 7:03am

Number crunching
These numbers are great! Sure the numbers posted by many people will pan out in the real world vs a back yard test or an Excel spreadsheet, :D

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Evaluating what stoves to use for what lengths of trips
August 03, 6:00pm

All great advice
Excellent advice... I'll just emphasize try to take some weight to make the hike easier. Take a nice thick pad. Mrs Mags loves her NeoAir Take a "real" tent. I mentioned thi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » First trip for the wife
July 30, 11:22pm

Sorry...just noticed this now
Sorry I did not reply earlier...just noticed the posts now. They key hole route is somewhat harder than knapsack col IMO, but very well marked....and busy! :) plenty of people of all abilitY lev...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Backpacking near major airports?
July 28, 10:06pm

Indian Peaks Wilderness : Pawnee Buchanan Loop
A quick overnight backpacking trip on a Front Range classic - The Pawnee-Buchanan Loop in the Indian Peaks Wilderness. I have been in the Boulder, CO area for nearly 15 years now. At this...

In Post-Trip Reports » Indian Peaks Wilderness : Pawnee Buchanan Loop
July 28, 1:31pm

useful items
*Thrift store dress shirt: Light, dries quickly, sun and bug protection *Surplus wool liner gloves: Use them in all four seasons. Pair with a shell only $4 a pair *Boonie hat: $10 for sun, l...

In GEAR » What are the most useful inexpensive items you carry?
July 27, 5:53pm

Which stove
May I pose the radical idea that it really doesn't really matter? :) Ultimately, the stoves comes down to your personal preference more than anything. Some (biased) guidelines IMO: *If...

In GEAR » Which stove to bring ?
July 27, 5:46pm

BPH
>> Personally, the question of experience dramatically determines how and who I hike >>with--not weight. Bingo. I'd much rather hike with a buddy who is carrying 20 lbs BPW and ...

In Philosophy & Technique » I am BPL my hiking buddy is BPH
July 26, 8:20am

"The best"?
Don't know if is the best, but this one is pretty cool for the mileage you want and the elevation gain is not too bad. By RMNP standards, it is relatively quite, too, vs other areas (relati...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Best half-day hike in RMNP
July 25, 11:43am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.