BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 381 - 390 of 816 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...82

Forum » Thread

JMT
Probably because mile for mile, it is the (more than likely) most scenic *ON TRAIL* long-distance hike you can do with relatively easy logistics, is well marked/defined, lots of resources for plann...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What's so great about the JMT?
May 05, 11:23am

topo tent lines
re: only useful for people used to reading topo maps While I do not disagree with that logic (hell..it is true!), I personally think understanding topo maps is one of the fundamentals for any b...

In GEAR » A topo of your tent
May 04, 3:00pm

Thifter dress shirt
I like 'em so much, I wrote a "review" about them. :) http://www.pmags.com/gear-review-thrift-store-dress-shirt re: P51. Ha! I have one on my key chain right now (next ...

In GEAR » Unsung heroes?
May 04, 1:36pm

Fire bans
Here's what I found, at least in CO. Suspect other jurisdictions have similar rules. http://www.pmags.com/stove-comparison-real-world-use#burn-bans The overall thrust is that during open ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT fire...stove question
May 04, 1:30pm

Unsung heroes
*Boonie hat *Thrift store dress shirt *surplus wool liner gloves *Nalgene canteen With the exception of the dress shirt, all these items are in my back for all four seasons. They are the o...

In GEAR » Unsung heroes?
May 04, 1:23pm

Trailcast Podcast
TrailCast was one of the earliest trail-focused podcasts. It is still one of the best. Courtesy of The Wayback Machine, this classic podcast is avail again. If TTS is "Car Talk" then Trai...

In On the Web » Trailcast Podcast
May 03, 8:14am

Little
Not very far to be honest. Ended up cutting down a wash (interesting at times), hooking up a to well worn use trail, schwacked to the gunni and shwacked back to the car. Got sick of looking for an...

In Post-Trip Reports » Down to the River - Dominguez Canyon Backpack
May 02, 10:13pm

Down to the River - Dominguez Canyon Backpack
A weekend backpacking trip to Dominguez Canyon outside of Grand Junction, CO. As I went down in the river to pray  Studying about that good old way  And who shall wear the starry crown ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Down to the River - Dominguez Canyon Backpack
May 02, 6:26pm

Boonie Hat
Look to the left. Ugly, dorky looking...but effective for me. It is what I use anyway. Is it the "best"? Couldn't tell you. I do know it has worked for me. (Including this ...

In GEAR » Sun Hats - Full Brim vs Ball cap with neck cape/bandana
April 30, 9:02pm

Bring the long sleeve
I am a big proponent of a long sleeve shirt for high altitude and desert/dry hiking. Sun protection, bug protectiion and the long sleeves help create your own microclimate in the hot, dry climate....

In GEAR » WIndshirt Vs. Rain jacket
April 26, 8:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.