BPL Community Profile

Jacob D (JacobD) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Bay
About Me Jacob D has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Rafael
StateCA
My Website URLhttp://www.hikeitlikeit.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jacob D

Showing 381 - 390 of 629 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...63

Forum » Thread

NEX
Tony, I appreciate the sentiment but I would not consider my advice as expert, more like friendly words of encouragement. I'm just a dood with an NEX-5N who's excited about it. You and I sh...

In Photography » Sony NEX Lens Impressions
October 30, 11:17am

Re: Re: NEX vs. SLR's
Hahaha... Brian. I'm not sure if that was tongue in cheek, but market price for a 5D in good condition is about $1000 :)

October 27, 9:00pm

NEX vs. SLR's
There are very few reasons why someone would actually need an SLR any more, but they could be good reasons if they matter to the camera user. - Faster autofocus - Advanced AF features, like sub...

October 27, 8:34pm

Re: Re: Bulb Exposure
@Eric That may be a valid concern. The NEX is so small and light it might be tricky. Weighting the tripod like we were talking about might solve the issue. Then again it looks like a basic off b...

October 27, 11:13am

P&S
Tony, You can of course leave one lens on the camera at all times, like the kit zoom. I don't change lenses very often when I hike. Something like kit lens for the hike, change to fast prime...

October 27, 11:02am

Bulb Exposure
Hey Eric, I just realized that the NEX has bulb exposure. Did you happen to use yours on the Trinity trip (or any other) for doing star trails or slow exposure on water?

October 27, 8:39am

Re: All very well, but ...
Roger, The difference between the Canon SD880is and Sony NEX is night and day, regardless of what one does with their photos. The thread topic is "Sony NEX Lens Impressions" after all.

October 26, 9:38pm

Re: Focus Peaking
I agree, this is a pretty neat feature. Between peaking and the MF assist magnifier it's hard to go wrong. Really bright sunlight made things a little more difficult for me on my first trip out...

October 26, 10:13am

Re: Sony NEX Lens Impressions
WOOOSH! That was the sound of you going down the rabbit hole, Tony. Welcome to the matrix :) As far as lenses go, you've got two general options: a) Sony E mount lenses with autofocus ...

October 26, 9:27am

Re: Sony NEX Lens Impressions
I have lots of thoughts on the subject, but tied up at the moment. In the meantime everything you need to know about NEX compatible lenses (just about any rangefinder or SLR lens you can imagine) y...

October 25, 4:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Jacob D

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

WalMart
Yearly bump to bring the Wally World rating down where it should be :)

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 20, 10:56am