Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Sarah Kirkconnell (sarbar) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
About Me Love to hike, backpack, snowshoe, cook and 4 wheel. If it is outdoors, I am happy! Love hiking most, preferably with a light pack and a sunny alpine meadow ahead of me.
My husband and I run www.freezerbagcooking.com / www.trailcooking.com and our frequently updated blog at www.blog.trailcooking.com as well as my personal blog www.gazingin.com
We are the authors of 3 outdoor cookbooks and the people behind FBC.
CityKing County
StateWA
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.trailcooking.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sarah Kirkconnell

Showing 3741 - 3750 of 4455 | Page: 1 ...366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 ...446

Forum » Thread

Re: Warm drink vs Cold drink...
Love the stuff, Sam. I carry a couple packets with me at all times.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Warm drink vs Cold drink...
November 05, 4:02pm

That unless.....
You really, really get into it...many items are cheaper overall to buy predone. If you haven't, go take a look at www.harmonyhousefoods.com at their dehydrated legumes, fruit and vegetables....

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » food dehydration?
November 05, 4:01pm

Re: Backpacker Magazine
With AIM buying BP from Rodale there has been a noticable shift - and it has been good. I quit reading it for nearly 3 years, and in the past months have started reading it again. And enjoying it...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What magazines do you all subscribe to?
November 03, 11:29pm

Re: What magazines do you all subscribe to?
Backpacker the Women's one that is slipping my mind Washington Trail Association's magazine and whatever catches my eyes at Fry's...when I am waiting for my husband! I need to s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What magazines do you all subscribe to?
November 02, 9:34pm

It warms up my hands
And for just that reason in off season I drink hot beverages! I love the feeling of icy hands holding onto a hot cup. The heat sinks into me, my body warms up. Is it scientific? Who knows..but it d...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Warm drink vs Cold drink...
November 01, 1:55pm

Wellll.....
Oddly enough, it is down items from LLBean and Landsend that I have found to be pretty much what they say it is. Now granted, I sleep cold and am cold very quickly when outside, if I quit moving...

In GEAR » Cocoon Conundrum
October 30, 4:42pm

The spoons
Roger, They are actually made by Fozzils, which uses a similar type of material. When they came out on the market I fell in love with them :-) (To the point that I sell them on my website as well) ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Creamy Mushroom Mashed Potatoes
October 30, 1:45pm

Creamy Mushroom Mashed Potatoes
It's Tuesday, so you know it is time for Tater Tuesday! Todays recipe will fill you up nicely and give you a good shot of potassium to ward off leg cramps as you fall asleep. This recipe fea...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Creamy Mushroom Mashed Potatoes
October 30, 12:05pm

What works for me doesn't necessarily work for others
That is something I have learned over the years. For instance: I prefer to hike in cotton whenever I can. I don't smell as bad, I don't overheat and I am more comfortable. (I do have sy...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Important Lesson's You've Learned the Hard Way
October 29, 10:52am

Re: Medium Size Tea Candles
And best of all, you won't have cougars rubbing against you while your cooking ;-) Hehheh ;-)

In GEAR » Help Me Find Large Tea Light Candles
October 25, 7:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Sarah Kirkconnell

Showing 1 - 10 of 26 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Maruchan Ramen
I use the noodles as a base. If you use them as "instant pasta" you will have fast and easy meals. I take the ramen block and 1/4 cup of freeze dried vegetables, then cover with boiling wate...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
September 08, 8:56am

Guyot Designs Firefly
I picked up a Firefly a couple weeks ago on a whim. I figured it would be a fun toy, and maybe make the one Lexan bottle I carry a bit more multi purpose. I tried it out recently. (it was used on a s...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
March 18, 10:16pm

Luna Bars Sunrise
As noted, I am not a fan normally of "energy bars". But, Sunrise Luna Bars are very, very good! Aimed at women, and designed for breakfast, they are good anytime of the day. They are ...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
March 10, 11:25pm

Jocalat bars (by Larabar) Chocolate
Recently I was sent an entire box of Larabars from the company, with every flavor in it. It had in it all the JOCALAT bars also. I love Larabars already, and the JOCALAT ones? Even more. The coffee fl...

March 07, 4:59pm

Garmin Foretrex 201
My husband bought me one for this years Christmas. I wondered how much I would like or hate it. After having around a month to play with it, I can say I love it! It took me awhile to figure out...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
January 20, 9:02am

Laura's Wholesome Junk Food All Flavors
I found http://www.lauraswholesomejunkfood.com/ at a local organic grocery in my town, and fell in love with them. They come in 7 ounce tubs, with a long shelf life. They can be easily repackaged ...

January 09, 10:46pm

Fantastic Foods Instant Black and Brown Beans
I have been using FF's instant beans for at least 10 years now. A box stretches out and makes a couple meals on the trail. For use in burritos, bean dips and soups/chowders they are great. The ...

January 07, 10:10pm

Just Tomatoes Just Veggies
You can find the Just Tomato line at most REI's, in natural food stores and online, thru their website, www.justtomatoes.com. My favorite product by them is their Just Veggies blend. It comes i...

January 07, 10:04pm

Kelty Illusion, Women's
I bought my Illusion when it came out, in 2004. For the most part, it is my winter and hauler pack when I need space. The pack is 3500 ci, and weighs in at the advertised weight of 3 lbs 6 ounces....

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
January 07, 9:00pm

Mountain Safety Research (MSR)
MSR's customer service, along with their parent company, Cascade Designs, has fantastic customer service. They warrantied a Sweetwater filter that started blowing water out of the side (the one th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 13, 10:42pm