Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Sarah Kirkconnell (sarbar) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
About Me Love to hike, backpack, snowshoe, cook and 4 wheel. If it is outdoors, I am happy! Love hiking most, preferably with a light pack and a sunny alpine meadow ahead of me.
My husband and I run / and our frequently updated blog at as well as my personal blog
We are the authors of 3 outdoor cookbooks and the people behind FBC.
CityKing County
My Website URL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sarah Kirkconnell

Showing 3741 - 3750 of 4665 | Page: 1 ...366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 ...467

Forum » Thread

Wow, potty mouth too?
I feel so honored to have "earned" a cussing out by you. Simply becuase I spoke from my heart? Yes, I have a business that uses plastics. The plastics I recommend are food grade and t...

In GEAR » Plastic water bottles: safe or not?
February 15, 2:31pm

Sewing machines
I have sewn on a $100 Singer from Walmart. I have sewn on a $1800 machine. Is the pricey one nicer? Well, yeah. Is it necessary? No. In the end as long as you have good needles, high quality thr...

In Make Your Own Gear » sewing machine for making gear
February 15, 11:30am

Re: Plastic water bottles: safe or not?
Not to mock anyone...but in the big picture if you are worried about your health you might want to consider how clean your WATER is that you drink over the container. Be it city or well water there...

In GEAR » Plastic water bottles: safe or not?
February 15, 11:17am

Re: Salt-Sugar Balance
In all honesty, one would want to balance the veggies and fruit over the jerky. It isn't salt persay but rather things like potassium, fiber and other things that go hand in hand with salt. ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Ration Planning Project
February 14, 7:48pm

Re: One problem
Boy, am I trying to think back years and years ago when I didn't plan out every meal in advance. It has been the early 90's since I had someone hand me a bag of "my share" to carr...

February 14, 11:38am

One problem
As I am sure you have noticed... Is that with the NOLS system it really works best when you have 2 or more in a group doing the ration system - and that you have high powered stoves or a fire. ...

February 14, 9:39am

Re: Ultralight shelter for two adults and two kids
I'd have gone nuts if I had had a floorless shelter when Ford was little. Having a floor meant once we got in we could be clean. Shoes came off at the vestibule. Just are pig...

In GEAR » Ultralight shelter for two adults and two kids
February 13, 8:41am

You guys have WinCo?
As mentioned WinCo is carrying a number of IMUSA stuff now in their Latino section. I am hedging now that the Hispanic and Latino stores should start showing up with the mugs. Next time I am up Nor...

In GEAR » Bushbuddy-compatible cookpot
February 12, 10:36pm

Re: Breakfast Burritos
Of course if you really want to impress them skiers, well pulk in a couple dozen eggs ;-) They'd taste way better and be cheaper!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Breakfast Burritos
February 12, 9:04am

Re: Breakfast Burritos
If you can....just bring real eggs! They taste better ;-) As for the eggs, if you do go dried buy as high quality as you can. And try them at home first. Not all brands are equal. The stuff in g...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Breakfast Burritos
February 11, 2:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Sarah Kirkconnell

Showing 1 - 10 of 26 | Page: 1 2 3

Maruchan Ramen
I use the noodles as a base. If you use them as "instant pasta" you will have fast and easy meals. I take the ramen block and 1/4 cup of freeze dried vegetables, then cover with boiling wate...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
September 08, 8:56am

Guyot Designs Firefly
I picked up a Firefly a couple weeks ago on a whim. I figured it would be a fun toy, and maybe make the one Lexan bottle I carry a bit more multi purpose. I tried it out recently. (it was used on a s...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
March 18, 10:16pm

Luna Bars Sunrise
As noted, I am not a fan normally of "energy bars". But, Sunrise Luna Bars are very, very good! Aimed at women, and designed for breakfast, they are good anytime of the day. They are ...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
March 10, 11:25pm

Jocalat bars (by Larabar) Chocolate
Recently I was sent an entire box of Larabars from the company, with every flavor in it. It had in it all the JOCALAT bars also. I love Larabars already, and the JOCALAT ones? Even more. The coffee fl...

March 07, 4:59pm

Garmin Foretrex 201
My husband bought me one for this years Christmas. I wondered how much I would like or hate it. After having around a month to play with it, I can say I love it! It took me awhile to figure out...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
January 20, 9:02am

Laura's Wholesome Junk Food All Flavors
I found at a local organic grocery in my town, and fell in love with them. They come in 7 ounce tubs, with a long shelf life. They can be easily repackaged ...

January 09, 10:46pm

Fantastic Foods Instant Black and Brown Beans
I have been using FF's instant beans for at least 10 years now. A box stretches out and makes a couple meals on the trail. For use in burritos, bean dips and soups/chowders they are great. The ...

January 07, 10:10pm

Just Tomatoes Just Veggies
You can find the Just Tomato line at most REI's, in natural food stores and online, thru their website, My favorite product by them is their Just Veggies blend. It comes i...

January 07, 10:04pm

Kelty Illusion, Women's
I bought my Illusion when it came out, in 2004. For the most part, it is my winter and hauler pack when I need space. The pack is 3500 ci, and weighs in at the advertised weight of 3 lbs 6 ounces....

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
January 07, 9:00pm

Mountain Safety Research (MSR)
MSR's customer service, along with their parent company, Cascade Designs, has fantastic customer service. They warrantied a Sweetwater filter that started blowing water out of the side (the one th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 13, 10:42pm