BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3741 - 3750 of 4980 | Page: 1 ...366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 ...498

Forum » Thread

Re: Rain Pants
"Commonly, rain pants will have a slit up the inside of the leg to the knee, and this is used for going on over boots. The slit has to be closed." Use a gusset, and velcro at the ankle.

In Make Your Own Gear » Rain Pants
January 20, 4:50pm

Re: Canon S90
Cons: -A bit slick to hold. In case someone missed this, this aftermarket grip is made by Richard Franiec, and is user-installable.

In Photography » Canon S90
January 19, 7:08pm

Re: Ursack
Art, I definitely want to protect the bears, and not just "beat the system". And hike light. If I could do that with an Ursack I would. Sleeping high and tying off well is effective. ...

In GEAR » Ursack Update
January 19, 3:04pm

Re: Ursack
Does anyone know - first or second hand, of someone being fined for using a Ursack in a "canister only" area? ("I think I heard my buddies friend say he heard..." doesn't...

In GEAR » Ursack Update
January 19, 12:17pm

Re: pocket drainage
The Ohm has eyelets. They are for a piece of shockcord that anchors the hipbelt pocket. They would also serve as a drain.

In GEAR » Question about ULA packs
January 19, 10:44am

Re: Balloon Pump on a Diet
Bill, Thanks for the step-by-step. I got it now. Definitely a pump on a diet. And thanks for the photos essay. I'll know what to expect when mine arrives.

In Make Your Own Gear » Balloon Pump on a Diet
January 18, 6:19pm

Re: Balloon Pump on a Diet
Bill, Is the yellow body just 1/2 the length of the intact green unit, or do the yellow Parts A & B in picture #4 somehow "mate up" to result is a green sized pump? Sorry I'm ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Balloon Pump on a Diet
January 18, 5:27pm

Re: Re: Shoe/boot research
"My toes always go numb and get all tingly in sneakers (or any closed toe shoe) even if they feel loose in the foot bed area." See the 2nd post. You are compressing the nerves running...

In GEAR » Shoe/boot research
January 18, 2:52pm

Re: wet people
Dave, Thanks for the input. I didn't realize the Parcour de Wild was that wet of an environment. I assumed October would be a "dry cold". Go to know. Regarding layering - Curre...

In GEAR » External Pad Pocket versus Sweat
January 18, 2:44pm

Re: External Pad Pocket versus Sweat
Barry, Sorry to hear your plight, but it is music to my ears. You have perfectly described my situation. I get the "suck it up" messages posted above, but dealing with crack-rash, ...

In GEAR » External Pad Pocket versus Sweat
January 18, 2:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm