BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3741 - 3750 of 4594 | Page: 1 ...366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 ...460

Forum » Thread

Re: Alpinlite Gear Bug Tent
Very nice Brad. Thanks for the pics. What is the minimum height required for this Bug Shelter? I see the height is 38", but angles, vectors, forces, poles, SpinShelter, etc must force to...

In GEAR » Alpinlite Gear Bug Tent
June 23, 12:21pm

Re: Advertising and BPL
Evan, "Looks to me like they are plenty willing to sell out." Interesting assumption... Do you See any advertising? Making up hypothetical issues is always possible, but seldo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BPL Membership
June 23, 9:38am

Re: Four Passes Loop - Snow Report?
Steve, The Aspen Ranger Station reports the snow level at 11,500', a thousand snowpacked feet below each of the passes. We were thinking of a fast and light trek, but unless someone provid...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Four Passes Loop - Snow Report?
June 23, 8:08am

Re: Rehydrating tortellini
Joe, Do some trial runs at home. We've done well with a couple of brands, but the current Wally World version is a bit reluctant to soften up. We found that additional insulation and addit...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Rehydrating tortellini
June 22, 7:05pm

Re: don't get it
"There are plenty of enthusiasts who don't charge to tell you about their sport." All this information IS out there somewhere. But just in the Forums - Here it is in one plac...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BPL Membership
June 22, 5:11pm

Re: Toe Injuries
So you are in boots, and not trail runners ? You have custom orthodics or basic manufacturer footbeds? I assume you keep the nails pretty short... First guess - boots are two short and you a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Toe Injuries
June 22, 12:43pm

Four Passes Loop - Snow Report?
We're contemplating the Four Passes Loop starting June 29th. Anyone got firsthand info on the snow levels? Thanks

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Four Passes Loop - Snow Report?
June 21, 9:07pm

Re: new Fast Find 210 PLB w/GPS
Robert, A bouyancy kit is available for the 210. The Max G is specific to wet environments. The details are here.

In Gear Swap » FS: McMurdo Fastfind Plus PLB w/GPS
June 21, 8:20pm

Fingerless Gloves
Roleigh, In the Wristop thread you mention "...I wear solar fingerless gloves..." Two pages of google results didn't pick it out. I did see the Coolibar's but the open palm ...

In GEAR » Fingerless Gloves
June 19, 7:17am

Re: JMT Shuttle Logistics
Roliegh, I need a ride from North to South, but that's all I see, and I've been looking. Now I'm just Hoping someone knows a trick or two...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » JMT Shuttle Logistics
June 18, 10:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm