Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3731 - 3740 of 6032 | Page: 1 ...365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ...604

Forum » Thread

Re:or... Foil Liner
MYOG foil "pan" that floats on the simmering water. Another Variation.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Baking Muffins - MmmMmmmHmmm!
November 30, 10:04am

Re: Vapor Trail vs Circuit vs Mariposa Plus
An issue with the Circuit was mentioned in an earlier thread where it was noted that "the back panel folds over as it thins near the waist belt opening". The "solution" was t...

In GEAR » Vapor Trail vs Circuit vs Mariposa Plus
November 29, 1:44pm

Re: Go for it!
Anony, First off - Do It! Second - You posted in BackpackingLight, hopefully because that's how you're going to do it. And hopefully the Eagle Scout is contemplating the same. Anythin...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Woman Has Lost Her Mind and Needs Advice
November 29, 8:20am

Re: Re: Bending Aluminum Rod for a Pack Stay
Bill, Thanks for the Link. I'd forgotten about the Harrier. That is one very impressive project.

In Make Your Own Gear » Bending Aluminum Rod for a Pack Stay
November 29, 8:08am

Re: WPB tec
"If the available WPB technologies are going to be auctioned off for use under different names, I doubt that even BPL will be able to break through the confusion that results." I'v...

In GEAR » "ion-mask" nano waterproofing technology
November 28, 7:13pm

Re: Not sure, but nice quilt!
"Would you be interested in making one for me?" I can recommend Javan Dempsey. PM him to get started. Fine Custom Work.

In Make Your Own Gear » Quilt fill advice
November 28, 7:10pm

Re: Desert Pack
Figure 6 liters at 12 pounds- Assume 12 pounds for gear- Leaving 6 pounds for food, for four days - I have carried 35#-40# in a Vapor Trail in relative comfort for many trips. [I don't d...

In GEAR » Grand Canyon Gear Questions
November 27, 8:32pm

Re: Re: Bear Canisters?
That is correct - the 2010 hiking season. Not 2009. A new Order will be issued before May of 2011. I doubt if the language will revert. Clarification is needed.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear Canisters?
November 26, 8:52pm

Bear Canisters?
"This map tells the whole story: http://sierrawild.gov/bears/food-storage-map" Well, no it doesn't. It is a 2009 map. On the Inyo National Forest site the Order for food protect...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear Canisters?
November 26, 8:44pm

Re: cowboy camp but mind the wind
"...it sounds like some sort of rodent proofing would be wise..." There are ammo cans at the main corridor campsites, so protection is provided. Elsewhere - depends on site usage, b...

In GEAR » Grand Canyon Gear Questions
November 25, 9:38am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm