Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3721 - 3730 of 5842 | Page: 1 ...364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ...585

Forum » Thread

Re: Goat Kills Hiker?!??!!??
Self-Defense? From the article referenced above - "Three people spread out along a slope, shouting and pelting the animal with rocks,... The goat, distracted by the reflective light of a h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Goat Kills Hiker?!??!!??
October 25, 6:14pm

Re: Lid/grabber
The "Shark Fin" drain cover mentioned above is made of silicone, so should handle close to 600°F.

In Multiple Use Gear » Mug lid and pot grabber
October 25, 2:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Baking on the Trail
Tad, I start the 12-10 in typical fashion to let it and the alcohol warm up, then gently drop the simmer cap in place. Sometimes it will snuff the flame, requiring a re-light, with the simmer c...

In Make Your Own Gear » Baking on the Trail
October 25, 2:12pm

Re: Ooopps...
Jo, My apologies! "Can you sew two pieces of regular fabric together?" Was not questioning Your abilites, but the machines' setup... I can be a little abrupt at times, bu...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing issues
October 25, 1:54pm

Re: Baking on the Trail
Tad, This thread covers simmering as well. Take a look at the 5th post. If controllable simmering is needed for "real" cooking, consider the PackaFeather stove shown with the Caldera C...

October 25, 1:21pm

Re:Siltstopper is Bi-Directional
I received a reply from Cascade/MSR stating that the Siltstopper can be used in Either direction.

In GEAR » gravity filter
October 25, 12:25pm

Re: Fun stuff :)
Dug, This stuff isn't much heavier than two sheets of heavy duty foil. The stiffness is nice just for handling, plus it is very re-usable. I think with heavy duty foil you'd only get...

October 25, 8:37am

Re: Food for Thought
Thank you Ken for bringing this back. It is lamentable that so much good information is so difficult to "mine". And commendable that you and others are still here to keep the good...

In GEAR » gravity filter
October 25, 8:29am

Re: Heineken/fosters pot guestion
An empty (american) Heineken "Keg", with the top in place, weights 35 grams. It is about 15cm tall and 8cm at the widest. A Fosters is similar. If your ~700ml beer cans are similar in si...

In Make Your Own Gear » Heineken/fosters pot guestion
October 25, 8:18am

Re: Sewing issues
Can you sew two pieces of regular fabric together? With the fleece, how far Do you get? Is the fleece so thick that the foot doesn't compress it enough for the needle to clear? More cl...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing issues
October 24, 4:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm