Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3701 - 3710 of 5319 | Page: 1 ...362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 ...532

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: What kind of rope for bear bag?
Jack, Not knowing your style of hanging, I'll offer for consideration the use of a very small pulley, especially for those weights. Throw a line over, thread "light line #2"(LL2) ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What kind of rope for bear bag?
April 08, 9:07am

Re: JMT resupply for 2
And how many days are you planning for that section? Are you doing "cozy cooking" with minimal volume or freeze dried in it's original packaging?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » JMT resupply for 2
April 08, 8:46am

Re: "ULA Ohm and GG Mariposa Plus"
Eugene, With no bear canister I can get 12 days. I put stakes, SUL CF MYOG tripod, map, 8 oz of fuel, and water in the bottom pockets, and usually nothing in front pocket. I have a lid that hold...

In GEAR » ULA Ohm and GG Mariposa Plus
April 07, 9:45pm

ULA Ohm and GG Mariposa Plus
A 12 day trip is a seambuster on my ULA Ohm, so to make things easier I'm moving into a Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus. And although infrequent, this should make dealing with a bear canis...

In GEAR » ULA Ohm and GG Mariposa Plus
April 07, 9:12pm

Re: Hubba Hubba
"My Hubba Hubba happened to also leak through the seams in the floor and the fly." The Hubba Hubba has factory tape on all seams, so if in fact is leaking there, versus condensing, run...

In GEAR » Thoughts on tent before I pull the trigger
April 07, 7:10pm

Re: Re: Efficiency with water tablets
Nate, Obviously YMMV, but I have Never been able to tear open a MicroPure foil. Guess I need more strength training and then lessons from Ben.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Efficiency with water tablets
April 07, 5:56pm

Re: Efficiency with water tablets
When I used Plattys I took one that I had cut in half to use as a scoop. I also had an "open cap" with 3 layers of mosquito mesh to serve as a "debris" getter. Now I use a s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Efficiency with water tablets
April 07, 5:52pm

Re: Re: RE Artic Tent/Stephenson
Mr.Hage and Ms Stowe seemed to avoid "packing their fears" in their adventures on Denali in 2007 and 2009. Denali 2007 Denali 2009

In GEAR » Arctic tent
April 07, 5:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Ti-Tri Caldera & Charcoal Disks
Thanks Donna. I think this is worth looking at with respect to "cooking" versus just boiling in a Ti-Tri. Who wudda thunk...

In GEAR » Ti-Tri Caldera
April 07, 4:55pm

Re: Ti-Tri Caldera & Charcoal Disks
I see that some charcoal suppliers provide "pre-scored logs". Presumably, with a little practice, you could break off a "15 minute simmer" or a "45 minute bake", to...

In GEAR » Ti-Tri Caldera
April 07, 3:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm