BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3701 - 3710 of 5015 | Page: 1 ...362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 ...502

Forum » Thread

Re: Tarp wihout poles?
>I want a sub 5 oz tarp...pitch without poles.... If you are expecting Any blowing weather a MLD Grace Solo at 5.5 ounces is close to the lightest you'll find that will hold up day after ...

In GEAR » Tarp wihout poles?
February 07, 8:33am

Re: Re: sad news
RIP Jeremy. Blue sky, clear water, and the wind at your back.

In Chaff » Missing Hiker
February 07, 8:09am

Re: what a trip!
Joe, This is a pretty old thread, and I don't think Roman hangs out here to much. However, if you look Here, I think some of your questions will be answered. And, dig around a bit. The...

In Packrafting » Grand Canyon
February 06, 1:09pm

Re: tripods
Christoph, I stumbled across this a day or two ago. I don't know how it compares to anything else. Max Load Capacity: 33lb, 54-64", Weight: 2.9lb ,Folded Height: 18.4inch, with re...

In Photography » Ultralight Tripod
February 06, 12:23pm

Re: dslr
Christoph, Yes, it is a tough nut to crack, especially when you're talking a couple of thousand US$$ in the balance. Yikes!!!

February 06, 11:24am

Re: round and round
Lori, I have had the same concerns regarding trekking pole handles. Joe Velasko does this on his tent- For my tarps made 'pole pockets' that look more like a tube and have LineLo...

In GEAR » versatility in a shelter choice?
February 06, 11:17am

Re: Big Guy Tent ?
Brett, I haven't tracked the thread history on this, but how close is the Sierra Designs Vapor Light XL?

In GEAR » versatility in a shelter choice?
February 06, 10:47am

Skurka's Fancy Feast Cat Food Can Stove
It's simple and easy. Andrew Skurka shows you how in this YouTube video.

In Make Your Own Gear » Cat Food Alcohol Stove
February 06, 10:40am

Re: different solution
"....however, it doesn't look that stable to me." Christopher, For a lightweight camera (and mine is a not-so-light G10), the trekking pole tripod shown above, and one I made, a ...

February 06, 9:04am

Re: Big Agnes Fly Creek 2
I think the issue arises because there are two pads and two people in there at the same time. This forces me to the side of the tent, and into the wall. In the photos posted above you can see wh...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Fly Creek 2
February 05, 9:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm