BPL Community Profile

Rick M (rmjapan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Tokyo, Japan
About Me Rick M has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rick M

Showing 371 - 380 of 934 | Page: 1 ...29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ...94

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: each has it's place
I bought the Montbell UL down pants 3 seasons ago. I've been wearing them a lot in Winter, maybe too much, as most of the down in the seat has leaked out. So IF I were to purchase down again I ...

In GEAR » down vs. synthetic insulated pants for winter
October 22, 4:18pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Japan
This cost of living comparo may be relevant to the Japan decision. http://tinyurl.com/m3c4r4s Since Stephen will arrive on a professional expat package, chances are he will get a CoLA that wi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Potential move overseas
October 22, 4:39am

Re: Re: Re: Japan
Stephen, Yokohama is pretty hip and with a population of nearly 4 million (~22 million in the Tokyo/Kawasaki/Yokohama metro or about the same size of Harris County!) I would not worry about its sin...

October 22, 1:38am

Re: Re: Re: Japan
Yes, there are lot's of seniors here and it will only get worse as the years go on. Especially a lot of 70-100-somethings living in the countryside! But many are quite fit and active and can ea...

October 21, 6:41pm

Re: Re: Mini Groundhog stake comparison
I just saw these in a shop here. The pics really don't reveal how dinky these stakes are compared to a regular Groundhog or even a 6" Easton nail stake. Maybe pencil width at best and not ...

In GEAR » New MSR MINI-Groundhog Stakes
October 21, 4:18am

Re: tent fabrics
Thanks hwc and Samuel. I am thinking of getting a simple all season self-standing and was looking at the Lago 1P made with PU coated polyester, which shape seems to be the defacto mountaineering st...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Fly Creek UL1 tent fabric
October 20, 5:46pm

Re: tent fabric weight
Sorry to hijack the thread but other than the Obi Elite 1P and Golite Imogene, is there any other tents made from 10D/20D fabric combos? And other than dry times, is there any advantage to PU c...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Fly Creek UL1 tent fabric
October 20, 5:17pm

Re: Re: Uniqlo Heattech base layers?
This might be the same stuff Mizuno developed called Breath Thermo. They now sell a lot of Winter clothing here using it. http://www.breaththermo.com/index.html With emphasis on power conser...

In GEAR » Uniqlo Heattech base layers?
October 20, 4:17pm

Re: miso again
Generally, rice is not mixed in with a miso soup. But some kids will do it for a quick breakfast and crack a raw egg in it too. I think the "taste" you want is really o-chazuke, which...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Looking for a rice-based one-pot recipe.
October 20, 5:30am

Re: Re: campsaver coupon
This should give you an extra 5% off anything, cart-5849.

In Gear Deals » campsaver 20% off coupon
October 17, 8:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Rick M

Rick M has posted no reviews.