BPL Community Profile

Rick M (rmjapan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Tokyo, Japan
About Me Rick M has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rick M

Showing 371 - 380 of 977 | Page: 1 ...29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ...98

Forum » Thread

Re: Taking good parmesan cheese on the trail
The dish you are trying to make sounds like a Paula Dean version of the Roman spaghetti aglio e olio e peperoncino. Keep in mind most of what is sold as pre-grated parmesan reggiano in the USA is a...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Taking good parmesan cheese on the trail
November 18, 5:08pm

Re: Shiny new thing: MB Ultra Light Shell Jacket
Ian, this may help a little. I have the similar but heavier/robust MB Light Shell Parka sold only in Japan now. It uses Climaplus Mesh for the inner layer. How this differs from the Poly Tricot ...

In GEAR » Shiny new thing: MB Ultra Light Shell Jacket
November 18, 4:29pm

Re: Re: Hunter gatherer shoppers
Guys fretting over your wardrobes. The ladies are laughing at your angst. The clich├ęs of "the clothes make the man" and "dress for success" are relevant even in tribal Africa. ...

In GEAR » Balancing vanity, utility, and economy
November 17, 5:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: the bigger picture
Yes, exactly Ian. My comment was that price is so low for a "name" albeit European brand, makes me question it's origin. It very well could be real, but it also may have fallen off th...

In GEAR » "Faux-dini": 2.3 oz. Windshirt, <$15 - Initial Review and Sourcing
November 14, 6:47pm

Re: Down pants with long side zips?
-9F is pretty frigging cold to be standing around. Usually some wind at that temp too. I don't think 4oz of down in a sewn thru baffled pant would be enough. Maybe only warm to 20F?

In GEAR » Down pants with long side zips?
November 13, 4:38pm

Re: just ordered a couple
Jack Wolfskin is a popular German outdoor brand. Kinda like Columbia. At $12, I'd think it might ba a faux Jack Wolfskin!

In GEAR » "Faux-dini": 2.3 oz. Windshirt, <$15 - Initial Review and Sourcing
November 13, 4:22pm

Re: How quiet/noisy
Lowell sez "I prefer a softer feel to the swish, swish of, say, nylon." Doesn't the sound of the rain and wind mask the sounds of "swish, swish, swish"?

In GEAR » Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Jacket
November 11, 3:50pm

Re: Expensive windshirts vs cheap ones
This discussion over price is kinda silly I think. No reason to pay full price for brand name off-the-rack outdoor clothing (or gear), at least online. The standard discount off MSRP seems to be ab...

In GEAR » Expensive windshirts vs cheap ones
November 10, 9:35pm

Re: Re: nanopuff
Well it seems to be the same fit to me when I tried it on. Curious as the fabric weight has increased from 15D to 22D.

In GEAR » New Nano Puff Hoody
November 10, 3:35pm

Re: FS: Inov-8 Roclite 370 mids
Still Available

In Gear Swap » FS: Inov-8 Roclite 370 mids
November 10, 2:26am

All Reader Reviews by Rick M

Rick M has posted no reviews.