Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rick M (rmjapan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale London, UK
About Me Rick M has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rick M

Showing 371 - 380 of 1034 | Page: 1 ...29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ...104

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Scorched Titanium?
Was the snow a little yellow? ;-)

In GEAR » Scorched Titanium?
December 09, 5:57pm

Re: Eddie Bauer Peak XV specs
I saw one here in Tokyo last season and was not impressed with the fill. Seemed less puffy than Montbell's expedition jacket. Maybe it was the "heavy" shell fabric. But I also assumed...

In GEAR » Eddie Bauer Peak XV specs
December 09, 5:41pm

Re: peak 15
IF it helps you resist, IIRC it was ~$180 during the Downlight 50 sale a few weeks ago ;-)

In Gear Deals » eddie bauer
December 09, 8:21am

Re: consider montbell
Yeah in a 0F bag, a Montbell is a no-brainer. Climbing into a Montbell UL SS#0 is the closest thing to the sleeping comfort you get at home under big down quilt. Any other brand is like being strap...

In GEAR » 0F Sleeping Bags
December 08, 1:02am

Re: Considerations.....FF Volant
Since you already have some experience with Montbell and it's fit, I suggest the MB Permafrost which was made for wet/windy/extreme cold condition we experience on the Sea of Japan and seems si...

In Winter Hiking » Jacket Selection
December 07, 6:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Synthetic degradation question
If the total loft measured from the floor to the top of the zipped up bag is only 4" that's ~35F.

In GEAR » Synthetic degradation question
December 07, 6:12pm

Re: Synthetic degradation question
Throw it out on the floor and let it loft up for a day or two. Measure the total loft. A 0F bag will need at least 7".

In GEAR » Synthetic degradation question
December 07, 5:18pm

Re: Re: I don't understand the DAS parka
I think it is worth mentioning that pretty much all the so-called 8,000m down suits have waterproof/breathable shells.

In GEAR » Multi-use Winter Jacker DAS?
December 06, 7:53pm

Re: Stove in use at -30 C (-20 F)
At such -30C extreme cold, does one still follow the standard procedure of starting the stove with the canister upright and then inverting it after a minute or so once the preheat tube gets hot?

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 3
December 06, 5:36pm

Re: Re: whew
If Ryan's measurements (thanks again Ryan!) are accurate I am a little bummed, especially since actually having worn a Large I felt encouraged the XL would be closer to the EB sizing chart for ...

In Gear Deals » EB Downlight 50 Jacket $63!
December 05, 6:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Rick M

Rick M has posted no reviews.