BPL Community Profile

Rick M (rmjapan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Tokyo, Japan
About Me Rick M has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rick M

Showing 371 - 380 of 942 | Page: 1 ...29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ...95

Forum » Thread

FS: Inov-8 Roclite 370 mids
Deleted

In Gear Swap » FS: Inov-8 Roclite 370 mids
October 25, 6:10pm

Re: Re: Sleeping pad takes forever to inflate with bag. Any alternatives?
Here's ThermaRest video for using their DIY Air Tap valve, which is the same valve that is attached to the xtherm sack. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz8jbfu1tgs

In GEAR » Sleeping pad takes forever to inflate with bag. Any alternatives?
October 24, 5:45pm

Re: Sleeping pad takes forever to inflate with bag. Any alternatives?
The xtherm stuffsack/inflator combo is a piece of crap. Sad they offer it with their flagship pad when they also sell a better inflator with the Neoair Pumpsack, http://www.cascadedesigns.com/ther...

In GEAR » Sleeping pad takes forever to inflate with bag. Any alternatives?
October 24, 5:07pm

Re: RAB infinity endurance jacket question
The elastic cuff opening on my size XL is only 6.5cm in diameter.

In GEAR » RAB infinity endurance jacket question
October 24, 2:50am

Re: Japan
Stephen, yes Shin-Yokohama Sta. is nearly equidistant from Fuchinobe and Tokyo Stations. Also I think from this city location your commute would be going against the traffic surge as most folks liv...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Potential move overseas
October 22, 8:39pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: each has it's place
Justin, the reason I am hesitant for more down pants is that most of leaking seemed to be coming from the seems. So while the reinforcements may help, it may not totally prevent the issue. And at t...

In GEAR » down vs. synthetic insulated pants for winter
October 22, 5:28pm

Re: Beginner to winter backpacking...need help with layering
I can't say enough good things about the Patagonia Cap4 EW base layers using the new Power Dry High Efficiency fabric. This fabric has serious Winter mojo. Very, very warm under a windblocking ...

In Winter Hiking » Beginner to winter backpacking...need help with layering
October 22, 5:21pm

Re: Re: flotation formula for snow travel
Exactly! I spent a lot of money renting different shoes over several seasons, always hoping as long as I had a big enough shoe that I could "float" on thigh deep powder. Wrong! Not ev...

In GEAR » flotation formula for snow travel
October 22, 4:42pm

Re: Re: each has it's place
I bought the Montbell UL down pants 3 seasons ago. I've been wearing them a lot in Winter, maybe too much, as most of the down in the seat has leaked out. So IF I were to purchase down again I ...

In GEAR » down vs. synthetic insulated pants for winter
October 22, 4:18pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Japan
This cost of living comparo may be relevant to the Japan decision. http://tinyurl.com/m3c4r4s Since Stephen will arrive on a professional expat package, chances are he will get a CoLA that wi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Potential move overseas
October 22, 4:39am

All Reader Reviews by Rick M

Rick M has posted no reviews.