BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 371 - 380 of 529 | Page: 1 ...29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ...53

Forum » Thread

I have a dream...
...everynow and then that I am out bushwalking in this particular place. Its kind of like a remote isolated range with one main peak in the nth flinders. Its weird. On the edge there is a fence and...

In Chaff » I had a dream last night..
January 22, 11:54pm

Re: training
additionally if you are doing alot of endurance excercises, (running, walking, etc), you won't bulk up anywhere near as much as you are also training your body to do that. Your body reaches an ...

In Philosophy & Technique » How do You Train?
January 22, 11:47pm

Re: Mix it up.
I mix it up alot too. But at the moment, I ride to uni pretty much every day (I'm often in on weekends so its pretty much 5 days a week) on my MTB with panniers, with plenty of hills. Its 14.5...

In Philosophy & Technique » How do You Train?
January 21, 10:43pm

Water in US deserts?
This is a broad question for me to try and get a feeler... In the USA, what would be the maximum distance, anywhere, that one would walk where you would or could, not find a natural or human-ind...

In Philosophy & Technique » Water in US deserts?
January 21, 10:35pm

Sanyo Xacti 1000 vs new light panasonic jobbie
Franco, the waterproof Xacti, you said doesn't have image quality as good as this new waterproof panasonic. How does the 1000 compare, considering it is supposedly a HD camera. From what I ca...

In Photography » New "BPL" video camera
January 21, 4:19pm

cf Transglobe
Andy, other thoughts, more for beyond 2009; how about a trans-globe (Ran Fiennes) style expedition, where you traverse the planet in some way, using a variety of methods. Of course, you would n...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Skurka looking for expedition ideas
January 20, 3:42pm

Re: MLD 2/3 XP Quilt...
Ryan, this quilt certainly looks great. Before MLD advertised it though, I was already planning on making one though...have been for along time...but haven't gotten around to it. It certa...

In GEAR » MLD 2/3 XP Quilt...
January 16, 4:39pm

Re: What do you do for a living
Im a student at the moment. I have a B.Sc(sustainable environments) majoring in Land and Water Conservation. I'm currently doing a B.Sc honours degree, with about 4.5 months left to write my th...

In Chaff » What do you do for a living
January 14, 6:01pm

Re: Re: Running packs
Right now I am seriously considering the 2010 Marathon des Sables myself. Currently I'm thinking of making my own pack...getting ahold of a Gossamer Gear mariposa hipbelt (now sold seperatel...

In GEAR » Running with UL Packs
January 10, 11:02pm

Nunatak Edge vs PHD Minum Ultra
Actually, that Minum Ultra is a pretty sweet sounding bag. If we compare it to the Nunatak Edge Quilt: Price: Edge wins by about US$10 Weight: Edge wins by 2oz Warmth: Edge wins by 3C or 6F. ...

In GEAR » Anyone know of a hoodless sub-14 oz, 40 degree sleeping bag with full zipper?
January 10, 8:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.