Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 371 - 380 of 695 | Page: 1 ...29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ...70

Forum » Thread

Re: New Fuji system
Woohoo, I was waiting for this news, thanks for the heads up :-) Not that I can afford a new camera in the next couple of years...

In Photography » New Fuji system
January 04, 10:52pm

Re: Question about the weight of your buff
Yeah that does seem a bit light. I weighed one of my three Buffs (all the original version) a few months ago and it came in at 40grams (~1.4oz). The could vary a bit, and there is a lighter, thinne...

In Gear Lists » My ION list (w/ pics)
January 04, 5:56pm

Re: Re: bike touring
"The big-three makers of custom bikepacking gear are amongst the highest quality cottage gear companies around today. I know Revelate and Carousel, but may I ask what the third one is?"...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » So how many bicyclist read this forum?
January 02, 9:33pm

Inspirational!
Well done Balls and Sunshine! I'm really looking forward to reading about your future thru-hikes :-)

In Editor's Roundtable » O Canada!
December 20, 7:40pm

FujiFilm X10
There is a preview on DPReview now. This is a fascinating camera; I didn't realise before, but its not just another compact sensor camera, the sensor is about twice the size of a normal compact...

In Photography » FujiFilm X10
November 24, 3:48pm

Re: Building bike for touring and commuting: road, cantilever or disc brakes?
My personal pick in this situation would be to go for road or canti (pref V) brakes. Discs really aren't worth it, PITA cf the other options on maintenance, unless you are happy to pay for a go...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Building bike for touring and commuting: road, cantilever or disc brakes?
November 21, 2:07am

Re: Re: the only piece of gear youll ever need
Add to that I want a carbon fibre handle that can double as an extendable trekking pole/tent pole/avalanche probe. Could multiuse for self-arrest?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » the only piece of gear youll ever need
November 09, 9:04pm

GX1 vs E-P3...
Its a tough call, and I'm glad I can't afford a new body now anyway as I'd probably struggle to choose. The interfaces look pretty similar and impressive. I've looked at videos o...

In Photography » New Panasonic GX1
November 08, 1:12am

Re: Re: World's Lightest Rainjacket/VBL
Its out now Art, you can buy it from zpacks :-)

In Make Your Own Gear » World's Lightest Rainjacket/VBL
November 07, 7:41pm

GX1...
Should be out soon, I wonder how long it will take the major reviewers to get their hands on it and compare the IQ to other cameras. DPReview has a page set up for it ready to go, with a lot of ...

In Photography » New Panasonic GX1
November 07, 12:28am

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.