BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 371 - 380 of 587 | Page: 1 ...29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ...59

Forum » Thread

Obesession...
...often comes at the princely price of one's sanity. Bravo!

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Testimony: Jim Sweeney's Enlightenment via Lead Weights, Helium Balloons, and Yachting
January 13, 11:47pm

Fave long-handled SUL spoon
I also agree on BPL model. I have a Sea to Summit one as well-very similar, but not as light. BPL SUL is still very very strong.

In GEAR » Favorite long-handled SUL spoon
December 28, 9:30pm

MLD Trailstar Shelter
Does anyone have one of these yet? If so, how stable do you reckon it is? From what I can tell, it doesn't look like it has any guy line tie outs apart from the one on the pole apex, and the pe...

In GEAR » New MLD 'X' Shelter
December 28, 6:06pm

PHD hoodless...
I reckon if you asked, PHD would do you a custom without a hood. They were willing to modify sizes of bags quite out of what they normally do for me (I asked them directly...I was thinking of getti...

In Editor's Roundtable » PHD Design Your Own Sleeping Bag
November 06, 12:04am

Re: Minim 400
why not go to the PHD website and try it yourself then?

In Editor's Roundtable » PHD Design Your Own Sleeping Bag
November 05, 2:28am

Chafing
It depends where it is Dirk (there was a thread on this a few months or so ago with lots of comments, but I'll give you a few pointers). I get chafing on my inner thighs from them rubbing...

In GEAR » Chafing and the merits of going commando
October 30, 5:39am

Fuel Availability (Africa, Middle East)
This may seem a bit random, but does anyone have any idea of the availability of Methylated Spirits (near 100% alcohol) in Africa and the Middle East...particularly Kenya, Ethiopia, Yemen, Saudi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Fuel Availability (Africa, Middle East)
September 28, 3:13am

Re: Athletic Tape and blisters
I use leukotape for bushwalking, running and rogaining. I personally wouldn't use duct tape when a roll of leucotape isn't that expensive and lasts ages. I tape up some of my toes, my he...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Athletic Tape and blisters
September 28, 2:35am

Tassie tents
Although I havent physically seen or used a cloudburst before, I would hesitate using one in the southwest, especially anywhere in the Arthurs except the most sheltered locations. Which I don't...

In GEAR » ultimate double wall tent
July 17, 12:31am

Re: Dingos V cats and foxes
in many ways our feral future relies on research like this. its exciting! in many ways its interesting how we humans are evolving our planet at such a rapid rate, and that we are worried about i...

In Chaff » Oh the shame-going heavier, canning thru-hike FOR A JOB!!!
June 16, 8:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.