BPL Community Profile

John Whynot (jdw01776) - BPL Guest

My Locale Southeast Texas
About Me Hiking and backpacking (on and off) since 1976, mainly in the northeastern United States.
CityHouston
StateTX
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Whynot

Showing 371 - 380 of 557 | Page: 1 ...29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ...56

Forum » Thread

Re: Why Should a Person Become a Member of BPL?
The "members only" articles are worth the membership. Plus, I like the idea of supporting an entrepreneurial effort...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why Should a Person Become a Member of BPL?
March 04, 10:55am

Re: Guadalupe Mountains National Park "Fast and Light Overnight in West Texas High Country"
Great trip report. I need to get there (especially as a geologist), just wish the park was closer to Houston...

In Post-Trip Reports » Guadalupe Mountains National Park "Fast and Light Overnight in West Texas High Country"
March 02, 7:05pm

Re: Re: Durango-Silverton RR hike
One good thing about the Maroon Bells Snowmass Wilderness, is that you can camp at USFS campgrounds (Silver Bells is best for tent camping) on Maroon Creek Road. From there it's a short drive o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trip Suggestions for Father and 8 y/o Son
March 01, 8:07pm

Re: Re: Re Re CO Ideas
Brian: I've been to the Maroon Bells Snowmass Wilderness 3 times (2003, 2008, and 2009). The flies, which are annoying, seemed to go away once you get above 10,000 feet. Despite the expe...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trip Suggestions for Father and 8 y/o Son
March 01, 7:02pm

Re: Link to Open Up New Tab or Window
If you include the attribute target="_blank" in the HTML anchor tag, it should do this...

In Community Support Forum » Link to Open Up New Tab or Window
March 01, 10:55am

Re: Re: Down on down in the rain
>>I hike in arguably on of the wettest places in the world: Somehow, "Annual Rainfall (Fathoms)" expresses that better than inches or meters...

In GEAR » Down only for winter?
February 28, 11:52am

Re: Re: Re: still need a cord with that gizmo
>>I think he was talking about the AquaClip that John Kays mentioned I think you're right -- wish this forum made it easier to see which message was being responded to...

In GEAR » Simblissity BotSpot - thumbs up or down?
February 27, 1:50pm

Re: still need a cord with that gizmo
>>John looks like you would still need a cord to support the middle/bottom - it would bounce around like mad EJ -- I have no problem with my BotSpot bouncing around, I tweaked the strap at...

February 27, 1:38pm

Re: bottles
I've been keeping one bottle in the BotSpot, and one in the side pocket of my ULA Conduit. Both are 24 ounce Propel bottles. I can treat one, while drinking from the other one. This year, I'...

February 27, 9:46am

Re: "Simblissity BotSpot - thumbs up or down?"
I used the 2 cord system, but switched to the BotSpot. I like the BotSpot better, I can drop the bottle in without having to worry about making sure the the cords are tight, and positioned in a gro...

February 26, 6:39pm

All Reader Reviews by John Whynot

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

StickPic camera mount
A clever, well-engineered, and lightweight (0.35 ounces by my scale) gadget for mounting a camera on the tip of a trekking pole. Should work with any compact camera with a tripod socket. Works ver...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
June 16, 10:55am

BPL Thorofare Trekking Pants
I purchased these as a replacement for my overbuilt Montbell Stretch Windpants. The fabric of the Trekking pants is a microgrid ripstop nylon, with a slightly textured inner surface. Size medium...

In Clothing - Raingear
December 07, 8:31pm