Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Eric Noble (ericnoble) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me I'm 45 years old, 6'4" and 195 lbs. I've backpacked in the Colorado Rockies, the Wasatch and Uinta mountains, and in Zions National Park. I mountain bike in the Colorado Rockies. I've kayaked in Yellowstone and on Flaming Gorge, and rafted the Green, Colorado and Snake rivers. My trips are usually a week long or less. I love to hike wherever I can. I'm an Assistant Scout Master and I'm often out with the Scouts. My immediate goal is to thru-hike the Colorado trail. I've lived in Utah, Ohio, Illinois, Argentina, California, and Colorado.
CityAurora
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eric Noble

Showing 371 - 380 of 490 | Page: 1 ...29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Forum » Thread

Wool vs Synthetic
Wow, what a great article! I agree with Ken's comment on color. I wonder if the bias toward dark colors by Smartwool is a reflection of the stereotype that wool is only good in the cold. Despite th...

In Editor's Roundtable » Comfort and Moisture Transport in Lightweight Wool and Synthetic Base Layers
July 26, 3:17pm

Re: Smartwool shirts: shrinkage?
I wear Ibex wool polo shirts everyday in the summer. They are washed in cold water and air dried in the dryer. I have not noticed any shrinking. My Smartwool shirts and socks are treated the same w...

In GEAR » Smartwool shirts: shrinkage?
July 26, 12:00pm

Re: silk as base layer
I sleep every night in an REI silk long sleeve crew and bottom. I love it, but have never used it on an outing. There is a lot of discussion about wool and synthetics as a base layer, but nothing i...

In Make Your Own Gear » Uses for silk
July 26, 11:39am

No lighter
I know this thread is about the best butane lighter, but, I choose not to use a lighter. With a Spark-Lite and a little hand sanitizer I can easily light anything. Like Patrick, I also carry storm ...

In GEAR » Best butane lighter?
July 26, 11:20am

Re: Drink Powder Re-Packaging
Crazy Petes got the right idea. I had another idea come to mind that I just have to share. Some may wish I hadn't shared. I haven't tried this, but wouldn't a condom work? It is certainly multi-use...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Drink Powder Re-Packaging
July 25, 2:28pm

Re: Feedback Requested on Gear List
Sam, my experience is in the Colorado Rockies, I have not yet had the pleasure of hiking in the Pacific Northwest. In the clothing section you could use a lighter windshirt. My Houdini weighs 3...

In Gear Lists » Feedback Requested on Gear List
July 24, 1:38pm

Re: Re:Ideal warm jacket
I have a TNF Windstopper fleece jacket that is now relegated to around town use. It would be perfect for that if it weren't for my yellow Lab :). I don't know what I think about fleece in general. ...

In GEAR » Windstopper V Fleece
July 22, 12:33pm

Re: Re: When Did You Begin UL?
Matthew, my experience was very similar to yours. I went on a scout outing 2 years ago with a 60+ lb. pack. I ended up with Illio-tibial Band Syndrome, like you. After dealing with the pain of that...

In Philosophy & Technique » When Did You Begin UL?
July 22, 11:52am

Re: Feedback Requested on Gear List
What time of year, and what location are you planning for? Are you committed to the water filter or is chemical treatment an option? You could save some weight there. What type of cooking do you do...

In Gear Lists » Feedback Requested on Gear List
July 21, 3:58pm

Re: Arctic 1000 completed---Controversy?
I spent too much time trying to engage the nay sayers. I tend to assume the best of people, and I assumed that Mikey might have some experience that he was willing to share. I tried to draw him out...

In Post-Trip Reports » Roman finishes Arctic 1000 alone!
July 14, 12:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Eric Noble

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ibex 17.5 Polo
DESCRIPTION: For when a T-shirt is simply not enough of a statement, we offer class...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
April 22, 12:10pm

Ibex Climawool Glove
Here's the slightly edited description and specs from the Ibex web site. ...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
March 22, 10:00am

Ibex Hooded Shak
This is the perfect base layer for downhill skiing. The versatility of a hoody with thumb sleeves is unmatched. Hooded Shak

February 08, 10:36am

Thru-Hiker.com
I ordered a 5.5" x 7.5" sheet of 0.016 inch 6Al4V titanium from Thru-Hiker. This is a custom size not shown on the website. Talking with Ayce was a pleasure and quite helpful in completing my project....

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:52am

Smartwool Shadow Hoody
The Smartwool Shadow hoody is essentially a Smartwool Zip-T with a hood and cuff thumb holes. The fabric weight of the two garments is the same, 195g. My size large weighs 12.7 ounces on my scale. As ...

November 02, 6:24pm