BPL Community Profile

pack nwcurt (curtpeterson) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me pack nwcurt has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by pack nwcurt

Showing 371 - 380 of 406 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Forum » Thread

NW Clothing Systems
Daniel, With the exception of a couple trips to Northern California coast and a Southern Utah/Death Valley loop, I've spent all of my backpacking and hiking over the past 12 years in the NW. I'...

In GEAR » layering in the Pacific NW
March 20, 1:36pm

Re: Shoes for Long Distance Hiking
Ryan, I used to use the Vitesse as my do-all shoe in the Cascades. It's not the arctic, but as you well now it can be lots of wet, slide alder, wet, scree, wet, talus, wet, brush, wet.... I ...

In GEAR » Shoes for Long Distance Hiking
March 08, 7:17am

Activent
Anybody have information/experiences with Activent? My understanding is that this is what Gore used to call what is now Windstopper. It was used for a bit in light shells, etc. I remember seei...

In GEAR » Activent
March 07, 12:22pm

Re: EOS vs. Quad
Rick and James - thanks for the replies. I checked them out side-by-side and went with the Quad. Both were pretty impessive, though. I'm looking for a general purpose bp'ing light, so the Quad s...

In GEAR » EOS vs. Quad
March 06, 9:56pm

Re: Goat Rocks Wilderness Summer Bear Phobia
In the Goat Rocks?? No need to worry. I've been there a bunch as it's "local" to us Washingtonians. You're much more likely to have a rutting elk harass you than a bear. Besides, there are only...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Goat Rocks Wilderness Summer Bear Phobia
February 23, 4:33pm

Insulate when stretched?
Great reviews! Nice to see real world experiences with the SS bags... I'm curious how well the bags insulate when fully stretched out. I'm in the XXL crowd, and the bags that fit me well are a...

In GEAR » Review of Montbell UL Super Stretch #4 Sleeping Bag
February 20, 8:53am

Re: NEW for the "Xtreme" Stove in 2006
This is neat - at least someone's thinking about different ideas - but I'd rather see the opposite: a way for screw-on canister stoves to run on PowerMax fuel. It's the lighter cartridge that I'm ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modified Coleman Xtreme Stove
January 29, 7:56pm

Re: Re: Repair Quantum?
I've done this on tents with great results. Stick a piece of tape on the underside of the hole, then dab/smear a very thin layer of seam sealer (I think I used a McNett product). If you want a mo...

In GEAR » Repair Quantum?
January 27, 4:04pm

EOS vs. Quad
Curious what folks see as the pros/cons of these two headlamps. Both look great - looking to decide and figured you gearheads would be able to explain subtle differences well. www.princetontec.co...

In GEAR » EOS vs. Quad
January 27, 1:14pm

Re: Re: Think I figured it out
"Epic is not merely fabric, but an encapsulated fabric. Each thread is encapsulated and then woven into the fabric and is highly water resistant but not waterproof according to Nextec the Mfr. of E...

In GEAR » Black Diamond First Light
January 26, 7:14am

All Reader Reviews by pack nwcurt

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Ultralight Fishing Rod Case 2"
I'd been looking for a light, tough fishing rod tube for a long time and was excited to find this option. Despite fantastic customer service with a special request and fast shipping, this rod tube qu...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 07, 11:57am

Lock Laces Shoe Laces Lock Laces Shoe Laces
I'll give the Lock-Laces that BPL sells a star for being incredibly comfortable during in-camp and flat trail duty, and another star for the quick and easy on-off they allow. But, they are not near...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 07, 11:43am

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
If Esbit is the fuel choice, this little stand is a fantastic option. Fits the GSI double boilers well and my Snowpeak bowl nicely. The real appeal is the ridiculously light weight. I can tos...

In Stoves - Other
August 07, 11:35am