BPL Community Profile

pack nwcurt (curtpeterson) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me pack nwcurt has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by pack nwcurt

Showing 371 - 380 of 415 | Page: 1 ...23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Forum » Thread

Re: Raingear recommendations for a bigger person
I'm your size - if not bigger - and have had good luck with a few products. The RedLedge Thunderlight fits well in XXL - although I don't carry it anymore. The PreCip that folks are mentioning is...

In GEAR » Raingear recommendations for a bigger person
April 13, 9:54am

GoLite solution is much simpler
I've used nothing but Megamids, Megalights, and now Hex 3 for the past 4 years. Having used all pole setups, GoLites solution is far and away the simplest and most effective in my opinion. Espe...

In GEAR » Using hiking poles as a tent center pole
April 08, 10:07am

Re: Re: sleeping system for W. Washington?
I tend to use a huge shelter with a down bag and no bivies or anything like that. About 90% western Washington, 10% Eastern. I've never had a problem with wet down - despite all the warnings. ...

In GEAR » sleeping system for W. Washington?
March 31, 9:14am

More PNW Advice
Doug makes some great points. I think by this point in the discussion folks probably realize that getting wet is invevitable - the comfort and enjoyment will depend on how you manage it. I think f...

In GEAR » layering in the Pacific NW
March 24, 9:40am

Sloppy Conditions Article
I'd love to see an article on this. I've noticed for a long time that there's an UL PCT list, and then there's a PCT Washington list for a lot of through-hikers. They get to Washington in the e...

March 22, 7:53am

Jackorak
"Well, on my next long trip I'm going to most likely try a jackorak(epic) with some epic pants for my outer shell." Daniel - Big Sky International (see Carol's link above) has an EPIC jacket tha...

March 21, 8:20am

Re: answers
"The o2 rainwear I used just generally had little rips and tears after repeated packing and unpacking, worsened by a tight fit, I'm a little too rough on my gear." I went up in size and haven't ...

March 21, 8:14am

Re: Wet Hiking
I completely agree with the major "themes" that are coming through on most of these posts: 1. You will get wet regardless 2. Staying warm is more important than staying dry. This is why I be...

March 21, 8:12am

Re: EPIC
Daniel, What has failed on the O2 stuff for you? So far I haven't had problems, but it's obviously less durable. I'm curious what goes first - seams or holes? I'm impressed you have the gut...

March 20, 3:40pm

NW Clothing Systems
Daniel, With the exception of a couple trips to Northern California coast and a Southern Utah/Death Valley loop, I've spent all of my backpacking and hiking over the past 12 years in the NW. I'...

March 20, 1:36pm

All Reader Reviews by pack nwcurt

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Ultralight Fishing Rod Case 2"
I'd been looking for a light, tough fishing rod tube for a long time and was excited to find this option. Despite fantastic customer service with a special request and fast shipping, this rod tube qu...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 07, 11:57am

Lock Laces Shoe Laces Lock Laces Shoe Laces
I'll give the Lock-Laces that BPL sells a star for being incredibly comfortable during in-camp and flat trail duty, and another star for the quick and easy on-off they allow. But, they are not near...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 07, 11:43am

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
If Esbit is the fuel choice, this little stand is a fantastic option. Fits the GSI double boilers well and my Snowpeak bowl nicely. The real appeal is the ridiculously light weight. I can tos...

In Stoves - Other
August 07, 11:35am