Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Beeden (captain_paranoia) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me Kevin Beeden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Beeden

Showing 371 - 380 of 435 | Page: 1 ...25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Forum » Thread

Event & Gore-tex are ePTFE
> I've recently met some garments by Endura using what they're calling "Expanded PTFE." (Polytetraflouroethylene methinks, aka Teflon.) I've looked at test graphs apparentl...

In Make Your Own Gear » Most Breathable Waterproof fabric?
February 15, 12:39pm

thanks
Glad you liked it, Jared. As I said in the article, it's not new, and I don't claim any novelty for the methods, but I was trying to collect them in a clear, concise article. As always,...

In Make Your Own Gear » 2.2 ounce stove system
February 12, 10:23am

getting carried away
It's all too possible to get carried away with making tiny stoves... Here's one I made a while back from a 'Femfresh' pump aerosol bottle. The bottle, next to a 250ml 'red b...

In Make Your Own Gear » Gram Weenie stove
February 12, 8:22am

types of fabric...
> There are different weights of many fabrics... there are different kinds of "Goretex." > I noticed that Epic isn't half bad, either, and unlike eVent it appears to be avai...

In Make Your Own Gear » Most Breathable Waterproof fabric?
February 12, 8:05am

smooth edge cuts
It's easy to get a nice, smooth edge to a cut-off can. Rather than hacking away at the can with a knife, or even using scissors, I find the easiest way is to simply score with a sharp blade ...

In Make Your Own Gear » 2.2 ounce stove system
February 12, 7:48am

90 degree wall
> Pretty much agree there. Would prefer 90 degree exactly though. That's pretty hard to do and release from the mould. > Well, I'm off to do two things. Good man... ;-)

In Make Your Own Gear » Kmart Grease Pot tips and mods?
January 28, 12:55pm

Re: second container
> Not as farmiliar with sod, just murphy. Same difference I guess, but my limited research tells me this is of British origin, perhaps you're british? Yes; my 'Locale' gives a clu...

January 28, 10:39am

thermal sieve...
> That won't work. It has holes in it silly. The holes look pretty small, though, so I reckon it would still stop a lot of heat loss. If not, since it's recessed, you could stick i...

January 27, 12:30pm

Fraying edges
Nicely done, Kathleen. > Might the fabric on the jacket that was cut fray at the ends? Since Kathleen cut through the seam seal tape, I think it's unlikely that there will be much fray...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Pit Zips
January 27, 12:20pm

flame quenching
> What is the chemistry behind this issue? How do hot supports influence CO emissions? I think the issue with a cold pot too close to the flame is that the flame is 'quenched', i.e. t...

In Make Your Own Gear » 113g Inverted canister stove
January 22, 11:28am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Beeden

Kevin Beeden has posted no reviews.