Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Beeden (captain_paranoia) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me Kevin Beeden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Beeden

Showing 371 - 380 of 442 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

Forum » Thread

Re: 0.001" foil source?
Thanks for the feedback, chaps. I know how much Ti weighs, and I know that a 70g windshield (the SBS) isn't that heavy. But if I can make one that's 14g... Steve, I can imagine that 0....

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium for windscreen, pot support.
March 03, 10:59am

SUL coffee beans
> I've personally given up on bringing fresh coffee into the backcountry because of the weight of the beans/grinds. My mind was just started thinking along the same lines, having read Jav...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG SP 700 French Press, mark 1
February 23, 11:39am

0.001" foil source?
Keith, I like the sound of 0.001" Ti foil (a 14g SBS!). Do you know of a source?

February 23, 11:18am

Ti foil
I'd agree with the other posts, re. the use of 0.003" or 0.005" foil for windscreens. Thicker than that is unnecessary, and will be getting hard to work. Of course, it will depend...

February 23, 11:14am

Bodum Cafe Solo
I wonder if you've seen the Bodum Cafe Solo 'One Cup Brewer'? I spotted one in TK Maxx (TJX) a whle back, and thought that it might make a fairly lightweight travel brewer, as it use...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG SP 700 French Press, mark 1
February 19, 7:38am

anything interesting to report...?
> thanks man, I'm waaay beyond this now though. Anything interesting to report from where you are now?

In Make Your Own Gear » Alcohol Stoves: Best Simmer Design?
February 15, 12:44pm

puff...
> But that's not what the consumer wants to hear, so marketing obliges with promises. True enough. And many people seem to happily wash their Gore-tex items in detergent, as per the manu...

In Make Your Own Gear » Most Breathable Waterproof fabric?
February 15, 12:41pm

Event & Gore-tex are ePTFE
> I've recently met some garments by Endura using what they're calling "Expanded PTFE." (Polytetraflouroethylene methinks, aka Teflon.) I've looked at test graphs apparentl...

In Make Your Own Gear » Most Breathable Waterproof fabric?
February 15, 12:39pm

thanks
Glad you liked it, Jared. As I said in the article, it's not new, and I don't claim any novelty for the methods, but I was trying to collect them in a clear, concise article. As always,...

In Make Your Own Gear » 2.2 ounce stove system
February 12, 10:23am

getting carried away
It's all too possible to get carried away with making tiny stoves... Here's one I made a while back from a 'Femfresh' pump aerosol bottle. The bottle, next to a 250ml 'red b...

In Make Your Own Gear » Gram Weenie stove
February 12, 8:22am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Beeden

Kevin Beeden has posted no reviews.