BPL Community Profile

Kevin Beeden (captain_paranoia) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me Kevin Beeden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Beeden

Showing 371 - 380 of 433 | Page: 1 ...25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Forum » Thread

getting carried away
It's all too possible to get carried away with making tiny stoves... Here's one I made a while back from a 'Femfresh' pump aerosol bottle. The bottle, next to a 250ml 'red b...

In Make Your Own Gear » Gram Weenie stove
February 12, 8:22am

types of fabric...
> There are different weights of many fabrics... there are different kinds of "Goretex." > I noticed that Epic isn't half bad, either, and unlike eVent it appears to be avai...

In Make Your Own Gear » Most Breathable Waterproof fabric?
February 12, 8:05am

smooth edge cuts
It's easy to get a nice, smooth edge to a cut-off can. Rather than hacking away at the can with a knife, or even using scissors, I find the easiest way is to simply score with a sharp blade ...

In Make Your Own Gear » 2.2 ounce stove system
February 12, 7:48am

90 degree wall
> Pretty much agree there. Would prefer 90 degree exactly though. That's pretty hard to do and release from the mould. > Well, I'm off to do two things. Good man... ;-)

In Make Your Own Gear » Kmart Grease Pot tips and mods?
January 28, 12:55pm

Re: second container
> Not as farmiliar with sod, just murphy. Same difference I guess, but my limited research tells me this is of British origin, perhaps you're british? Yes; my 'Locale' gives a clu...

January 28, 10:39am

thermal sieve...
> That won't work. It has holes in it silly. The holes look pretty small, though, so I reckon it would still stop a lot of heat loss. If not, since it's recessed, you could stick i...

January 27, 12:30pm

Fraying edges
Nicely done, Kathleen. > Might the fabric on the jacket that was cut fray at the ends? Since Kathleen cut through the seam seal tape, I think it's unlikely that there will be much fray...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Pit Zips
January 27, 12:20pm

flame quenching
> What is the chemistry behind this issue? How do hot supports influence CO emissions? I think the issue with a cold pot too close to the flame is that the flame is 'quenched', i.e. t...

In Make Your Own Gear » 113g Inverted canister stove
January 22, 11:28am

spike support?
Franco, How about replacing the three legs with a simple spike support for the burner? After all, as you point out, it's no longer supporting the pan, so all you need is something to keep t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Caldera Cone gas conversion
January 08, 7:15am

I'm on BPL too...
> I sent a "PM" to "captain paranoia". I'm on here, too, Connie, which might make it easier for people to PM for the latest Clone script. I notice from Caldera Fiss...

In Make Your Own Gear » ti-tri
January 07, 12:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Beeden

Kevin Beeden has posted no reviews.