BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 371 - 380 of 513 | Page: 1 ...29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ...52

Forum » Thread

Ka-Ba Mini Dozier
I picked up one of the Ka-Bar Mini Doziers off of Amazon a while back and am happy with it. Since I got it, I decided to start leaving my Mora's home...ok, I bought it so I could leave my Mora&...

In GEAR » looking for a replacement knife
September 04, 7:14pm

Re: Is TT DR the only one?
Free-standing seems to be the kicker here. Right off the top of my head I cannot think of one, but maybe others here will. If you were to take free-standing out then that would open more doors for ...

In GEAR » Is TT DR the only one?
September 04, 7:58am

having recently coming across 2 Heine keg cans recently, I would love to pick this up from you, unfortunately though it would probably not be wise for me to ask for anymore money for gear at this p...

In Gear Swap » FS: Trail Designs Caldera Keg Heineken
September 03, 2:31pm

tying out to furniture!
I seam sealed my Skyscape Trekker indoors and I just used some string to tie it out to a few different pieces of furniture. Worked great, although you do at least have to have the room for the tent...

In GEAR » Seam sealing a Tarp Tent in an apartment
August 31, 7:19pm

Re: Re: 1/8" Evazote Pad aka GG thinlight 1/8"
I use mine on top of my Neo as well in the colder months. It works great as a little extra insulation! I have always "enjoyed" having my thick plush pad under me, but for weight's...

In GEAR » 1/8" Evazote Pad aka GG thinlight 1/8"
August 23, 5:34pm

Re: SUL TARP
Wow! That is awesome! Congrats. What is the weight of the tarp by itself?

In GEAR » SUL TARP
August 21, 4:13pm

Re: thanks Stick!
Jason, I am really liking the wallet! Thanks again for the fine product! I will definitely get my use out of it! I posted about it on my blog. You can check it out here if you want: http:/...

In Gear Deals » *** Wa-ben (Cuben Wallet) free shipping ***
August 20, 10:51pm

Re: SMD Swift. Anyone have experience...
I have the '11 model and bought the stay and wing belt to go with it. I typically use a NeoAir, which is why I got the stay. However, once I received it, I found that the stay was way too tall ...

In GEAR » SMD Swift. Anyone have experience...
August 18, 3:40pm

Re: SMD Haven for 2 or Lunar Duo
I have the Lunar Duo and my wife and I fit great inside it and we like it (I am 5'10" and 200 pounds, she is 5'2" and 90 pounds). I have only used it about 5 times though with bot...

In GEAR » SMD Haven for 2 or Lunar Duo
August 16, 4:58pm

Re: overbuilt
Hey Konrad, I saw that same video of the truck running over the Camelbak and thought the same thing, so I ordered one off of Amazon. Now, I don't carry it anymore, but I have kept it to loan ou...

In GEAR » Why are Platypus hydration bladders to popular here?
August 15, 9:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.