BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 371 - 380 of 603 | Page: 1 ...29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ...61

Forum » Thread

Original NeoAir...
I just wish that they would bring back the original NeoAirs...

In GEAR » NeoAir XLite - Aluminized Baffles Wearing Off ?!?
April 30, 1:11pm

Re: Re: Neoair with a quilt
+1 to what Stephan says. Here in the Southeast, I am fine using my original NeoAir on its own down to mid to low 20's (F). (Of course though, we all know that YMMV...everyone is different, a...

In GEAR » Neoair with a quilt
April 29, 8:22pm

Re: Six of one half a dozen of another
Duane, As Stephan said, a good pad helps both (bag & quilt) equally. So, if you were having to add a thicker pad with a quilt, you would also have to add it with a bag. As well, most of the col...

In GEAR » Should I upgrade sleeping pad before buying a quilt?
April 29, 7:52pm

Re: Well,
Being that you are in Michigan, you will probably require an air pad with a higher R-Value, unlike me here in the Southeast that can get away with using an original NeoAir (R-Value 2.5) just fine d...

In GEAR » Should I upgrade sleeping pad before buying a quilt?
April 29, 5:12pm

Re: Justin Lichter has a new book...
Nice. Thanks for sharing! I will have to add this to my next book order...

In GEAR » Justin Lichter has a new book...
April 26, 5:22pm

ZPacks
I have a pair of the ZPacks overmitts. I bought them to replace, or at least have a lighter option than my MLD eVENT mitts. However, due to the warmer weather, they are not really needed now so I h...

In GEAR » Lightweight waterproof rain mitts/gloves
April 25, 8:26pm

Re: Re: antigravity
I second Bob's statements about the AGG sil jacket. It does indeed block the wind, and a hat with a bill makes the hood function just fine. As far as the velcro, it does not absorb much...

In GEAR » Rain/windproof UL jacket
April 25, 8:06pm

2011 XL Tumalo
Hi, I have a 2011 model Tumalo jacket that I bought direct from GoLite in a size XL. it weighs 10.8 oz http://sticksblog.com/clothing/jackets/golite-tumalo-pertex-2-5l-storm-jacket/

In GEAR » Golite Tumalo & Kenai real weight inquiry
April 23, 8:29pm

Re: Advice needed on Hammock Setup
I have the same hammock, however, after one night of trying to use a 20" ccf pad I decided a pad inside a hammock was not the way for me. I have often wondered if a wider pad would have been d...

In GEAR » Advice needed on Hammock Setup
April 22, 3:58pm

8D For the quilt
If you are wanting to go inexpensive and light weight I would suggest looking at the 8D material that Ti Goat sells. It is $8/yd and has a total finish weight of around 0.7 oz, except this will bre...

In GEAR » Insulated Pants versus Wool Base Layer at Night
April 20, 6:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.