Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chad "Stick" Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me My stomping grounds are the SE US, and 90% of the time, somewhere on the AT in GA, TN, or NC. Other times I enjoy going to the Smokies, or other smaller wilderness areas such as the Savage Gulf area.
Most of my trips are between 2 - 5 days long, with rare 7 day long trips. My total pack weights are generally under 20 lbs, unless trying new gear, or carrying extra for the kids. In the dead of summer, I enjoy SUL hikes, and have given thought to XUL (almost there...)
CityRight Here
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListBasic 30 - 50 F Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Showing 371 - 380 of 621 | Page: 1 ...29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ...63

Forum » Thread

Re: Quilt construction
David, Thanks for the info! Question though...before sewing, it looks like you layered as such: material material insulation Is this correct? I am picturing it in my head and it seems to...

In Make Your Own Gear » Quilt for AT thru-hike (MYOG)
May 18, 1:19pm

carbon poles
Oohhh...I love my LT4's, but I have only had them about half a year and put about 170 miles on them. They have worked beautifully, although I am not "hard on my gear." The first trip ...

In GEAR » Are carbon fiber trekking poles reliable?
May 17, 7:49pm

Flat Felled Seam
Dion...I like your idea of using the Flat Felled Seam to help hold the insulation in place. Are you planning on doing this around the entire quilt or just at the top?

May 16, 8:53pm

Thanks
Thanks KC. Good to know info! I need to get this stuff ordered...it will give me something to do... :)

May 15, 9:56pm

Re: Like this?
KC, Nice quilt! I like the colors too. Great job. What kind of temp rating do you get with that quilt and how does the M50 perform for you considering water resistance and breathability? I p...

May 15, 9:41pm

Read my mind...
Dion, you must have been reading my mind lately... I have wanted to make this very same thing... I had already decided to go with the 2.5 from Thru-Hiker. I really loved the idea of using ...

May 15, 9:24pm

Re: Dehydrated Food
I agree Konrad, the Hot and Sweet Italian Sausage is very good from Hawk Vittles. I like the Cowboy Pasta too...in fact I will be having some of the Cowboy Pasta this weekend in the Smokies!

In GEAR » Packit Gourmet
May 14, 7:43pm

Re: Aquamira tablets? Thoughts?
I have used and like both drops & tabs (although I use the MP1 tabs rather then the AM tabs for no other reason than that is just what I happen to order). With the drops, I have no problem with...

In GEAR » Aquamira tablets? Thoughts?
May 13, 10:34am

Re: one more for sternum straps
I too use them. I agree with the statement above about them helping to alleviate pressure points. When doing long days I like to reposition the shoulder straps throughout the day and the sternum st...

In GEAR » what's the elastic chest strap for between the shoulder straps
May 13, 10:26am

Re: Temperature ranges for Capilene
I have a Cap 1 ss shirt, which I never really wear. I have a Cap 2 ls crew shirt which I love. I have carried it the last few summers for sleep/early morning hikes. I like that it is long sleeve...

In GEAR » Temperature levels for Capilene
May 09, 8:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Chad "Stick" Poindexter has posted no reviews.