Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 371 - 380 of 612 | Page: 1 ...29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ...62

Forum » Thread

Re: Temperature ranges for Capilene
I have a Cap 1 ss shirt, which I never really wear. I have a Cap 2 ls crew shirt which I love. I have carried it the last few summers for sleep/early morning hikes. I like that it is long sleeve...

In GEAR » Temperature levels for Capilene
May 09, 8:46pm

Re: 4.2oz Cuben/M50 Bivys
Very nice! I wish I had seen this a few days ago as I sure would have ordered one... And while I sure do love my cuben...even those silnylon bivys are nice...I will definitely keep these in mind an...

In Gear Deals » 4.2oz Cuben/M50 Bivys
May 09, 7:42pm

Re: Melting the ends of IronWire
From what I remember, I have not had any trouble just using a lighter to melt the ends too. It has been a while since I have had to cut any though since I cut it all up and applied it when I got it...

In GEAR » Melting the ends of IronWire
May 07, 5:38pm

Hawk Vittles
I have really enjoyed the Hawk Vittles Meals. And the good thing is, these are made fresh by a retired professional chef with fresh ingredients. He then dehydrates them, seals them up and ships the...

In GEAR » Backpacking food
May 07, 5:01pm

size and cost
Are they the 24 oz keg cans and how much would you want to ship them?

In GEAR » Heineken beer can
May 03, 6:43am

Still loving mine!
I haven't had mine quite a year yet, but I have used it everyday since I received it and to date, it is still holding up perfectly. No loose threads, no rips, tears or anything. I am very happy...

In Gear Deals » *** Wa-ben (Cuben Wallet) free shipping ***
May 02, 8:16pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Original NeoAir...
Ross, when they emailed me back, it didn't sound too likely that this was an option. It sounds like they are leaving the All Season and the Trekker in rectangular shape, and the "X" p...

In GEAR » NeoAir XLite - Aluminized Baffles Wearing Off ?!?
April 30, 6:06pm

Re: Re: Original NeoAir...
Ben, just curious what is making you think that this is happening in your original NeoAir? I don't really care if the pads are see through or not, although I am not so sure that many "i...

April 30, 3:34pm

Re: NeoAir XLite vs XTherm
Just keep in mind that the newer "X" pads are mummy cut as opposed to the original NeoAirs rectangular cut. I live in the Southeast, so I am able to use my original NeoAir all year around...

In GEAR » NeoAir XLite vs XTherm
April 30, 1:15pm

Original NeoAir...
I just wish that they would bring back the original NeoAirs...

April 30, 1:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.