Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chad "Stick" Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me My stomping grounds are the SE US, and 90% of the time, somewhere on the AT in GA, TN, or NC. Other times I enjoy going to the Smokies, or other smaller wilderness areas such as the Savage Gulf area.
Most of my trips are between 2 - 5 days long, with rare 7 day long trips. My total pack weights are generally under 20 lbs, unless trying new gear, or carrying extra for the kids. In the dead of summer, I enjoy SUL hikes, and have given thought to XUL (almost there...)
CityRight Here
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListBasic 30 - 50 F Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Showing 371 - 380 of 658 | Page: 1 ...29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ...66

Forum » Thread

Sport Hansa
I have had interactions with Kim a few times and they have all been great. Although, I have not had the opportunity to meet them in person though. Glad to hear that word is getting around about the...

In GEAR » Montane's US distributor Sport Hansa
July 29, 5:56pm

Re: Carbon Felt Windscreen"
Jeffery, thanks for that...I think... I don't see what that has to do with carbon felt windscreens...or maybe I am missing something? Although I would like to point out that I am a fan of al...

In GEAR » Carbon Felt Windscreen
July 08, 8:54pm

Re: Re: Carbon Felt Windscreen
Thanks Bob, and that is what I figured. Earlier today I watched a YouTube video by Hiram Cook in which he did a comparison of a carbon felt windscreen and some other folding metal windscreen. There...

July 08, 8:50pm

Carbon Felt Windscreen
I have some carbon felt coming my way and was going to give a carbon felt windscreen a try. I have noticed that a few people have done this, and some even sell the carbon felt to use as windscreens...

July 08, 7:27pm

Re: Nylobarrier from litetrail
Jhaura recently sent me some of his packliners and I have used one on a trip. I like it so far. It is lighter than my MLD liner and slightly bigger. Also, it is made of the same NyloBarrier materia...

In GEAR » New source for packliners
July 06, 3:03pm

Re: Sawyer Squeeze Filter Bag Failure
You can pick up 3 of the 2L bags from REI for $10. This way the threads will match.

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze Filter Bag Failure
July 05, 12:51pm

Re: Re: Just ordered mine!
Nice! Thanks John!

In Gear Deals » They're back! Ultralight Bivys
July 01, 9:31pm

Just ordered mine!
Finally, I sold some old gear and had the $$ to get one of these for myself! And this will be my first bivy. I went with the regular/regular in M50 with a side zip! I typically only use a regular ...

In Gear Deals » They're back! Ultralight Bivys
July 01, 5:57pm

Mod?
Maybe I missed it, but what kind of mod did you do on the one that failed and could it have led to the melting fins? I cut the handle off mine which could be considered a "mod" but I wou...

In GEAR » Jetboil warranty won't return my cup!
July 01, 10:34am

Re: Helium
I agree with the quality of the Marmot Helium. I have one and it is a sweet bag. I use it for my winters here in the Southeast and I have used it comfortably down to 10F, granted supplemented with ...

In GEAR » WM Versalite, Alpinlite, Apache or Marmot Helium
June 19, 8:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Chad "Stick" Poindexter has posted no reviews.