Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chad "Stick" Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me My stomping grounds are the SE US, and 90% of the time, somewhere on the AT in GA, TN, or NC. Other times I enjoy going to the Smokies, or other smaller wilderness areas such as the Savage Gulf area.
Most of my trips are between 2 - 5 days long, with rare 7 day long trips. My total pack weights are generally under 20 lbs, unless trying new gear, or carrying extra for the kids. In the dead of summer, I enjoy SUL hikes, and have given thought to XUL (almost there...)
CityRight Here
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListBasic 30 - 50 F Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Showing 371 - 380 of 679 | Page: 1 ...29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ...68

Forum » Thread

Panasonic Lumix Lines
I had a Lumix FH20 and I was quite pleased with the camera. I got it on sale for just over $100, however, I was not as protective of it as I should have been...got a small scratch on the lens after...

In GEAR » backpacking camera
October 02, 8:40pm

Great service and quick shipping for me
I bought a GoLite Poncho tarp from them a while back when they were all sold out at GoLite. This place seemed like the only place that had them "in stock." However, before placing the ord...

In Gear Deals » http://ultraliteoutfitters.com/international.html
October 02, 7:35pm

Re: Re: How the he$$%#% do you manage your lanyard kit
The way I saw it, I was already carrying these items anyway. To me, putting it all together on a length of cord was a great way to keep up with these smaller items. And while I was at it, I could k...

In GEAR » How the he$$%#% do you manage your lanyard kit
September 30, 8:40pm

Re: Tried it out last night, worked great!
That is awesome! Thanks for sharing! I have 2 younger kids, a 10 year old son, and a 7 year old daughter (about to be 11 & 8). They each have a NF Tigger bag. However, my daughter is not much o...

In GEAR » Family w/ small kids sleeping option: 2 slightly wide quilts
September 30, 7:34pm

Re: Re: food for thought
I do the same, except in my tent. I keep it up near my head so I can pretty much reach for it and find it with little difficulty. Sometimes though I will also sleep with my headlamp pulled down aro...

September 30, 6:13pm

Rubbing Alcohol and the ISO-Clean stove
Monty, the ISO-Clean stove is not "normal" and has been designed to burn rubbing alcohol efficiently, without the smoke and the soot. Check them out...they are pretty cool. I have used 70...

In GEAR » Cleanest alcohol/liquid to burn?
September 30, 5:48pm

Re: Cleanest alcohol/liquid to burn?
If you are using one of the ISO-Clean stoves from Flat Cat Gear, you can use rubbing alcohol...

In GEAR » Cleanest alcohol/liquid to burn?
September 30, 5:08pm

Re: How the he$$%#% do you manage your lanyard kit
I used about a 2 foot piece of Glowire from Lawson Kline and use a Zipper Pull Whistle to close it on the end (so it is not tied together and can break apart if needed). I have a Photon Micro light...

September 30, 4:54pm

Re: EDC Knife
Lately I have been carrying my Spyderco Tenacious. It is a good, handy knife and is inexpensive so if I lose it I won't mind so much, but for my daily use, it works great. I also have my Be...

In GEAR » EDC Knife
September 28, 9:38pm

Re: Protecting a fosters can
I don't have the Fosters can, but I do have a Heine can that I use with Esbit. The way I typically pack it is by putting everything inside the can and then using a simple cuben fiber stuff sack...

In GEAR » Protecting a fosters can
September 21, 8:04am

All Reader Reviews by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Chad "Stick" Poindexter has posted no reviews.