Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Fischel (RICKO) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Richard Fischel hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Richard Fischel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Fischel

Showing 371 - 380 of 602 | Page: 1 ...29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ...61

Forum » Thread

under armour heat gear
compression shorts. they do everything you'd want a good pair of compression shorts to do.

In GEAR » Good compression shorts
January 18, 10:55pm

never is too strong a word, but
in winter i seldom carry a water bottle on the outside of my pack. they are usually wrapped in my puffy layer at the top of my pack. when it's cold i seldom sip water while on the move so the...

In Winter Hiking » Carrying Water with Snowshoes
January 18, 10:44pm

i'm a big fan of soft shell pants
i have three pairs. the heaviest are cloudveil rayzar's in schoeller dryskin extreme. next down are another cloudveil pair in schoeller dynamic and the lightest pair are rei endeavor's, w...

In GEAR » Search for softshell pants - continued
January 14, 5:23pm

private property
have you not heard the term *peak poaching.* i am not suggestiong that you do anything illegal, but if the property isn't properly posted... many of these places there'll be nobody around...

In Winter Hiking » PA/NJ Backcountry Skiing/Boarding
January 12, 3:05pm

look for old ski areas
this list might help - http://www.dcski.com/lostareas/index.php if you are willing to earn your turns who needs the lift to be running.

In Winter Hiking » PA/NJ Backcountry Skiing/Boarding
January 12, 10:49am

mammut had one called
the shield. i don't know if they still make it any more. if i remember correctly it had a true waterproof/breathable shell with no baffle stiching or seams on the top of the bag to leak. my ...

In GEAR » Waterproof/Breathable Sleeping Bags
January 12, 10:24am

Re: Alpinlite
i'd like to make an alpinlite my next bag. i have an antelope now and love it. i'm pretty sure the ultralite is the narrower sibling to the alpinlite, not the highlite.

In GEAR » WM Highlite
January 11, 10:49am

cap 3 or 4 sleep clothes?
in the winter i almost never take off my base layer and seldom take off the layer above that. i can't imagine brining along a pair of pajamas. philmont requires all sorts of things that the a...

In GEAR » Winter baselayer
January 10, 3:11pm

i’ve tried a pretty wide variety of base layers for winter and
for my upper body i am a big fan of mammut’s dri-release long sleeve shirt. it’s both soft and stretchy and wicks away moisture fast to help keep me warm and dry. i also like the nike dri-fit...

In GEAR » Winter baselayer
January 10, 10:06am

i asked that question to whoever answered the phone at
western mountaineering a couple of years ago. he recommended that i use nothing too much smaller than the stuff sack provided and that i not use a compression sack. he expained that with high lof...

In GEAR » how bad REALLY are compression sacks for my puffy stuff??
January 10, 9:19am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Fischel

Richard Fischel has posted no reviews.