BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 371 - 380 of 591 | Page: 1 ...29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ...60

Forum » Thread

Dynaglide
Been there, done that! In my case though, when the hammock failed (not the suspension) I was above soft grass and it was 6:15 in the morning so it was time to get up anyway! The Dynaglide may h...

In Hammocks » What about truly ultralight hammocks?
July 27, 2:01pm

DP Hammock Bug Net
I actually used the DP Hammock bug net on my last trip. A couple of notes: It's very light (19 grams or .7 ounces) and that's inside a sandwich-sized ziploc. I have a couple of cordl...

July 27, 11:18am

Ultralight Hammock Setup
I've really enjoyed this thread because my evolution to hammocking went as follows: 1 - Tent, inflatable Thermarest, sleeping bag 2 - 8x10 tarp, Polycro groundsheet, Z-Rest, sleeping bag 3...

July 26, 9:25pm

Packa
Is it still available? I'm interested...I'll send a PM as well.

In Gear Swap » F.S. Brand New Packa
July 26, 9:24am

Cordlocks on a Hammock Structural Ridgeline
Dale, I put three cordlocks on my Dynaglide ridgeline before I attached it to the hammock/suspension. Two of the cordlocks are used to keep my bugnet in place and the third is one of the lighte...

In Hammocks » A New User's Look at Hammocks
July 24, 7:22pm

Hammock Insulation
Dale, I have a couple of choices in my arsenal for underquilts and they depend on the temperatures I'm expecting. My current go-to UQ is a Te-Wa Summer Breeze - 10.4 ounces of downy goodn...

July 24, 7:18pm

Hammock Suspension
It's a Grand Trunk Nano-7. With the whoopie slings, a 6-foot tree strap, an 8-foot tree strap, two toggles, a Dynaglide structural ridgeline and three cordlocks (one of which has a mini-light)...

July 24, 9:25am

Hammock Info
Dale, Sorry - I didn't mean on Hammockforums.net - I meant in the Hammock forum here on BPL. There aren't a ton of posts there, but we do have our own BPL forum.

July 24, 4:43am

Hammock Suspensions
Miguel, I started with a Speer hammock as well - purchased while Ed was still in the hammock business. I was so impressed with the comfort that I bought an overstuffed Peapod from him as well. ...

July 24, 4:41am

Lawson Equipment Cuben Hex Tarp
Dale, Thanks - it really is as big as it looks. I like to put my poles under one side to hold it up in the direction I'm most interested in watching - usually towards my hiking buddies. It...

July 23, 7:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am