Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 371 - 380 of 518 | Page: 1 ...29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ...52

Forum » Thread

Re: Photos
Nice! I love my Circuit but, wow, love that blue.

In GEAR » Circuit + Ohm = ? (Another ode to the awesomeness that is ULA)
November 22, 12:25pm

Re: Ski clothing - lift served, resort style - Utah in January
I'm a 3-season backpacker and in the winter, I ski, both X-country and downhill. We usually take a family ski trip out west somewhere for a week. My suggestions, for what they're worth. ...

In GEAR » Ski clothing - lift served, resort style - Utah in January
November 22, 8:58am

Bivouac, Ann Arbor
>> As some of the others have already mentioned, REI is probably your best bet If you're looking for UL gear, Bivouac in Ann Arbor is much better, imo. Brad Grove, who's a contrib...

In GEAR » Michigan Outdoor stores
November 19, 12:20pm

Re: Havasu Falls
Just to clarify, Havasu Falls is NOT in the GCNP; it's on tribal lands in the western part of the Canyon and access is via the Havasupai tribe. Overnight stay is limited to campgrounds and lod...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Havasu Falls
November 19, 12:10pm

Re: 10 things not to buy for backpacking
The kitchen gadgets they manage to sell amaze me, though I assume most of it goes for car-camping. Still, $30 stainless steel chopsticks? I like having chopsticks for noodle-soups; I just take one...

In GEAR » 10 things not to buy for backpacking
November 18, 2:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Frying pan angst
I picked up an MSR Duralite frying pan on campsaver a few months ago and it looks like they still have them. They were (and are) on sale for $17. I really like the Duralite set (I have the "...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Frying pan angst
November 18, 2:00pm

Re: Michigan Outdoor stores
Not sure (based on the stores you've listed) whether you're looking for backpacking gear or clothes or...? In any case, come down to Ann Arbor! We have Bivouac, a smaller Moosejaw and a...

In GEAR » Michigan Outdoor stores
November 18, 11:04am

Kindle
I don't need movies or music (though the Kindle may play music.) I throw on a couple of books, maybe a magazine and a couple of games on my Kindle and I'm good for a week. Battery life is...

In GEAR » Best device for video while backpacking?
November 17, 10:23am

Re: "ideal" size for a solo flat tarp?
Based on my tarp experience in the rain, it depends on your height and also how high you pitch your tarp. I found that having about 1.5-ft buffer at the head/foot and 1-ft along the sides around m...

In GEAR » "ideal" size for a solo flat tarp?
November 15, 6:04am

Re: No love for the REI Halo bags?
I just got a men's regular Halo 25 for my son during REI's most recent sale. On clearance plus 30% coupon came to $125. We compared it side-by-side with an REI SubKilo 20 and decided on t...

In GEAR » No love for the REI Halo bags?
October 29, 12:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.