Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3691 - 3700 of 5912 | Page: 1 ...361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 ...592

Forum » Thread

Re: Not so big.
...deep sigh... .....slowly turns and walks away...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking the WCT. Heavyweight style.
November 12, 3:23pm

Re: Best source
McMaster-Carr Quick Connect link. Move down a couple of lines at Quick Disconnect page, then scroll to the middle of the page. These appear to be US Plastics items.

In Make Your Own Gear » quick disconnects
November 12, 2:44pm

Re: Re: Trail Designs Caldera Keg-F VS Keg-H
The Fosters is lighter, Hiene is stronger. If you use the Caddy, strength doesn't matter. The Fosters has one rib at the midpoint, the Hiene has multiple steps, making it a little harder to...

In GEAR » Trail Designs Caldera Keg-F VS Keg-H
November 12, 2:06pm

Re: Honor Your Veterans
Whoever they are. Wherever they are. Wherever they fell. However you like. Honor Your Veterans.

In Chaff » GOD BLESS OUR VETERANS
November 11, 9:41pm

Re: 5-6 oz of 800 fill down
Richard Nisley did the research for this - - and the details surrounding it can be found Here.

In GEAR » Supplementing Mont bell thermawrap
November 11, 2:30pm

Re: tests
Ike, When I primed my Filter it was obvious when all the air had been replaced by water. It no longer made any sounds when I shook it. Same for your Purifier?

In GEAR » Most efficient gravity filter system - need market update
November 11, 1:28pm

Re: Re: Pressure
"However, in the field you'll have about 2L of "dirty" vs their 5gal so the head pressure is significantly different." My 2L Platy measures 14" tall, and a 5 gallon ...

November 11, 1:15pm

Re: Filter Flow Rate
I am using a Sawyer Filter. I primed by filling and squashing a 2 liter Platy, shaking the filter until the air was out, and the output stream was running solid. The distance from the bottom...

November 11, 11:45am

Re: POE Ether Elite 6 2/3 Length Air Mat Product Review
R-4.7 in the full thickness, no-movement case. R-2 where hips and shoulders compress the mat to 18 mm, and Less if you are moving and "stirring" the internal air. The "testing ...

In Editor's Roundtable » POE Ether Elite 6 2/3 Length Air Mat Product Review
November 11, 10:00am

Re: Kooka Bay?
Can anyone provide the "rule of thumb" for a mat's R-Value as a function of target Bag temperature? e.g. If I expect to be using a 10° bag in January, sleeping on snow, what shou...

In GEAR » Exped Downmat 7 or 9?
November 10, 5:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm