Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3691 - 3700 of 5323 | Page: 1 ...361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 ...533

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Linking to a specific post in a thread
Great. No apologies needed. This is not "My" thread. It's a Link resource thread. I'll check back later. Greg

In User Test Forum » Embedded Link
April 10, 12:04pm

Linking to a specific post in a thread
nm

In User Test Forum » Embedded Link
April 10, 11:25am

Re: Perfectionist looking for the perfect hiking/camp pants...
Patagonoa Sol Patrol Straight Leg Quick Drying Dark Colors Breathable 10 ounces. Belt Loop, no elastic, no cinch. Add your own. No cuff drawstring. Add velcro, or a hem with shock cord...

In GEAR » Perfectionist looking for the perfect hiking pants...
April 10, 8:05am

Re: Posting an active link?
Look Here.

In Chaff » Posting an active link?
April 10, 7:46am

Re: One canister?
"To me, one canister sounds pretty aggressive, given the calorie requirements of two people." Very good point Dirk. Calories and food volume are higher on the second half of the tri...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » JMT resupply for 2
April 10, 7:36am

SMD Haven - First Impressions
Once again, quick and dirty. I set up the Haven in the living room, tied off to chairs, couch, and bureau. I needed to get spousal approval on a non-freestanding tent (Got it.), so thought I'd...

In GEAR » SMD Haven - First Impressions
April 09, 4:43pm

Re: Re: Ensure
"plus warm ensure tastes nasty" +1, emphatically! All maltrodextrin drink products, when warm, are nasty. You might get the first one down, but I'd put money against the 2nd ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Ensure
April 09, 12:58pm

Re: Re: Re: Pot handles versus pot lifter
Unless that wire bail will stand up by itself, it too will be hot. Pouring with a wire bail may a little bit of an art, depending a lot on the shape of your pot. A gripper is a positive and stable...

In GEAR » Pot handles versus pot lifter
April 08, 5:29pm

Re: Pot handles versus pot lifter
Depending on the particular stove and pot, those handles can get a little hot. That doesn't happen with a gripper.

In GEAR » Pot handles versus pot lifter
April 08, 5:13pm

Re: Re: ULA Ohm and GG Mariposa Plus
Waist: well, not really but - wearing Carharts, measured with a cloth tape, where my hipbelt rides, - 36". (NOT the 34" on the label of my Carharts.)

In GEAR » ULA Ohm and GG Mariposa Plus
April 08, 11:44am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm