BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3681 - 3690 of 5366 | Page: 1 ...360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ...537

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Multiplier, CLF, and the lost of Freedom
"Watching CNBC, Reading Wall Street Journal,..., they emphasize short term events like a quarterly profit report and how it affects the stock price" Buying stocks is a personal investm...

In Chaff » Republican's attack on wilderness. Unconscionable!
April 02, 6:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Multiplier, CLF, and the lost of Freedom
Ken, Yes, I have been watching them closely. I am not big on electric cars... technology is not there. But Telsa, cars get 2-3 times the range of the next competitor. They are luxury cars, excep...

April 02, 6:07pm

Re: Re: If something happened to you, would anybody know how much your gear is worth?
After long and careful deliberation... I want my gear to be buried with me.

In Chaff » If something happened to you, would anybody know how much your gear is worth?
April 02, 4:49pm

Re: Why don't people wear Goretex boots in the Sierras?
I disagree. Gortex running shoes are great in the desert, they keep dust and fine dirt out. At the end of the day your feet are clean, but stinky. But they are are not so good if it is hot. O...

In GEAR » Why don't people wear Goretex boots in the Sierras?
April 02, 4:09pm

Re: Re: If something happened to you, would anybody know how much your gear is worth?
My wife thinks it is not worth much, no matter what she could sell it for :) Hopefully if I croak, she will have more in assets than my gear. It is a great question. But scary if you calc...

In Chaff » If something happened to you, would anybody know how much your gear is worth?
April 02, 4:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Multiplier, CLF, and the lost of Freedom
"Investors are focused on next quarters profits and don't think too much about what will happen 10 years from now, or however long it takes to develop a totally new market." How do...

April 02, 3:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Multiplier, CLF, and the lost of Freedom
"And government intervention will be what stimulates this." Why don't we let entrepreneurs invent a better light bulb for purely profit reasons, and the let the public decide wheth...

April 02, 2:00pm

Re: GPS, Phone
but wouldn't dropping the cell phone be a small safety issue? I don't always have coverage, but isn't it nice to have one in case of an emergency especially since I usually go solo"...

In Gear Lists » Help getting under 10 lbs
April 02, 1:50pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Rank the Bars
"I started taking Snickers bars again, but eat them as part of my breakfast so they are not melted." From a desert hiker... put all you chocolate and other melty bars in a ziplock, wra...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Rank the Bars
April 02, 1:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Multiplier, CLF, and the lost of Freedom
Jerry, I don't necessarily agree that we should have pushed for American versions... it isn't going to happen. China already had the manufacturing infrastructure in place. But government...

April 02, 12:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am