Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3681 - 3690 of 5517 | Page: 1 ...360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ...552

Forum » Thread

Re: Post Hike Rituals
For multiple-day hikes, I'll usually stock a clean change of clothes in the trunk of my car. So, a change of clothing -- then BEER and food. :) +1 Except I often skip the clothing change ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Post-hike rituals
April 15, 12:47pm

Re: Re: Re: I finally went crazy, are you happy now BPL?! My *SUL* base gear list
EDIT: Forgot to add...Is Nick happy? :) --------------------- Absolutely. So far I have awaken every day above ground :) I have a great family, a job I love, good health, many places nearb...

In Gear Lists » I finally went crazy, are you happy now BPL?! My *SUL* base gear list
April 14, 3:25pm

Re: I finally went crazy, are you happy now BPL?! My *SUL* base gear list
"are you happy now BPL?" :) More important is Cesar happy?

In Gear Lists » I finally went crazy, are you happy now BPL?! My *SUL* base gear list
April 14, 1:22pm

Re: Tight Budget
Sometimes you can get brand names at places like Marshall's at good discounts. Don't forget thrift shops either.

In GEAR » New to Backpacking need Clothing
April 14, 12:58pm

Re-thinking the Big 3....
Some people are always working to get to a certain base weight. Maybe sub 15lbs, 10lbs or 5lbs. With a little money and skill, sub 5lbs can be easy. I have done many trips with sub 4lb base weight....

In GEAR » Re-thinking the Big 3....
April 14, 12:09pm

Re: Geezer mileage
Eric, Maybe we should set up a trip with some of us 'senior citizens' one of these days ;-) I am very familiar with the Spring Mountains and other locales near Vegas. You live in Hend...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New to this - how fast can one backpack (miles/day)?
April 14, 2:52am

Re: Re: FS: eVent Packa
Here is a must see video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BOW-ZpsFCM

In Gear Swap » FS: eVent Packa
April 13, 5:22pm

Re: So Cal BPLers -- 3rd annual San Jacinto Loop
Sounds great Brandon. Looking forward to meeting you and Chad. As we get closer I will keep everyone updated on weather, possible snow conditions, gear needs and any other items we need to keep in ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » So Cal BPLers -- 3rd annual San Jacinto Loop
April 13, 5:10pm

Re: Pack stays
Going back to the original post, I think John was more concerned with how the pack carried, not necessarily transferring any weight. Instead it sounds like he ended up with a saggy bag, like an ine...

In GEAR » Pack stays
April 13, 3:23pm

Re: Re: all-purpose shirt for wind also
Ty, Your suggestion as a dress shirt is excellent. Some construction workers wear them in the desert during the summer. One thing about wind shirts. Most people use them as shells. In colder...

In GEAR » all-purpose shirt for wind also
April 13, 2:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am