Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3681 - 3690 of 5717 | Page: 1 ...360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ...572

Forum » Thread

Re: The Carbon Flame War
Can we get back to our regularly scheduled program? Looks like the earth is cooling off. Going to be nice here in summer in a few years. Last week it was hovering around 115F. 46.1C for my m...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
June 30, 2:42am

Re: solar chargers
Tim, I posted a "first impressions" of the Nomad last Sunday. Weights and specifications were presented. At home, under perfect conditions, the panel works as advertised. I am not a...

In GEAR » solar chargers
June 29, 1:30pm

Re: Looking to get my first UL pack....?
Justin, A few thoughts... As mentioned, pack purchase is last. What packs have you used in the past? What did you like about them? What did you dislike? When I think about packs, I thin...

In GEAR » Looking to get my first UL pack....?
June 27, 11:00am

Re: Re: "Why do A-holes drink light beer?"
"And yes, for the record, I packed out 5 cans of beer (not mine) on my hike this week, all light shwill. I'm a hero!" I don't mind packing out aluminum cans, I get paid for the...

In Philosophy & Technique » Why do A-holes drink light beer?
June 26, 2:18pm

Nomad 7 Solar Panel
There has been a lot of discussion about solar panels. For father's day my wife got me a Nomad 7 folding solar panel made by GoalZero www.goazero.com). This is not a full review of the product....

In GEAR » Nomad 7 Solar Panel
June 25, 6:52pm

Re: Re: just growing pains
Glad to here it all worked out. I am going to disagree with Bob from a philosophical sense. Customer service and support is an investment in customer loyalty. Done properly, it drives repeat bus...

In GEAR » Golite Out Of Business?
June 25, 12:09pm

Re: Please help me choose a Cuben Fiber tarp
John, I have been very happy with my BPL tarp. MLD makes quality products. I am more comfortable with the heavier material for durability. You already answered your beak/door question. You ha...

In GEAR » Please help me choose a Cuben Fiber tarp
June 25, 11:56am

Re: Los Padres National Forest: Santa Cruz Creek
Nick, Great trip!! You picked the perfect window of opportunity... weather, water, and flowers. I enjoyed all the pictures.

In Post-Trip Reports » Los Padres National Forest: Santa Cruz Creek
June 25, 11:40am

Re: Re: Re: Stealth camping
I don't know that there is an accepted definition. For me it is camping in places that are not frequented by others. And in places that are legal to camp. In the US, there are many places yo...

In GEAR » Stealth camping
June 25, 11:37am

Re: Re: Sorting it out
"The research money is the carrot. The prospect of more of it going to institutions which provide results in line with prefferred outcomes is the stick." Often preservation of the ins...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
June 25, 11:01am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am