Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3681 - 3690 of 5599 | Page: 1 ...360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ...560

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Library of Congress: Most Influential Books - speaking of bunnies
Although not book, one of the most influential reads of young Boomer generation males: Playboy ----- Since the OP was about the movie based on Ayn Rand's novel, Atlas Shrugged, you mig...

In Chaff » It's only a movie
April 25, 2:52am

Re: Library of Congress: Most Influential Books
It's interesting - I can't think of any country where that list title wouldn't've had a qualifier on the end, like "in the UK" or "amongst French people". ---...

In Chaff » It's only a movie
April 25, 2:16am

Re: Re: What's happening to us?
"I really like observing the night sky without magnification. Last Summer in Yosemite high country there two of the best nights..." Absolutely! Nothing like sleeping outside (no tent!)...

In Chaff » What's happening to us?
April 25, 2:08am

Re: Re: Philately
Ah yes, Nick, stamp collecting. As shown by your commemorative collection, one can learn SO MUCH about a country's history, culture, even economics by collecting stamps. --------------------...

April 25, 1:53am

Re: Re: Philately
Ben said, My understanding is that the TV utterly ruined communal life as known for millennia. Storytellers, puppet troupes, etc., etc. all fell by the wayside. Maybe Craig would rather visit...

April 25, 1:39am

Re: Re: Re: What's happening to us?
Development and availability of many of today's "gadgets" have followed an exponential growth curve. Turning 18 in 2003 means that one's childhood was free of Facebook ( 2004), Ip...

April 25, 12:42am

Re: toiletries... what do you take?
"That depends on your teeth. Remember, the issue isn't just cavities, but the dreaded gum disease! Modern dentistry can do a lot, but it costs plenty! Flossing now will save you a lot of $...

In GEAR » toiletries... what do you take?
April 25, 12:32am

Re: "Tiny house anyone?"
Renovating an Airstream typically is big bucks, as is purchasing one in good condition. I once lived for two years in a 8' X 6' tent trailer (excluding the bunks when they folded out. It ca...

In Chaff » Tiny house anyone?
April 25, 12:29am

Re: One person tent - survival use
Tube tents sound good, but if you have used them much they leave a lot to be desired and are the last thing I would use (I had quite a bit of experience with them decades ago). The generally suck. ...

In GEAR » One person tent - survival use
April 25, 12:21am

Re: Re: Re: "What's happening to us?"
Craig, Good news is that some of the best skies for observation in Southern Calif, happen to be in Joshua Tree, especially at the southern part of the park. Local astronomy clubs often camp out ...

April 22, 6:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am