BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3681 - 3690 of 5415 | Page: 1 ...360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ...542

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: soft tissue injury
Greg, A lot of people have romanticized McCandless. Here we are all about planning and developing our outdoor skills. McCandless was in over his head from the get-go. Not something a rational...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Soft tissue inflammation
April 06, 9:58am

Re: Re: Re: Hiking alone - how to amuse yourself?
Piper, I do day hikes with my wife, but she will never do an overnight and sleep on the ground. Also, there are some hikes she is not that interested in, or would rather do something else so I g...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking alone - how to amuse yourself?
April 06, 9:44am

Re: Vibram Fivefingers Survey
David, I have pretty much stopped hiking in them. I have the KSO model. Reasons are: Feet get really dirty. You can wear socks (Inji toe socks) to help. They work well on maintained trails...

In GEAR » Vibram Fivefingers Survey
April 06, 9:35am

Re: "What did you pay for gasoline today?"
Edit: deleted duplicate post.

In Chaff » What did you pay for gasoline today?
April 06, 9:27am

Re: "What did you pay for gasoline today?"
My company has offices all over Europe and I work with folks in the UK. There are so many interesting language differences. For example, - lots of the letter "u" accidently placed into...

In Chaff » What did you pay for gasoline today?
April 06, 9:25am

Re: Gear List Question
Couple of reasons. What really matters is the total weight of everything. Also, proper clothing is critical for comfort and even safety. To me a gear list, is just that. What is the total pac...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Gear List Question
April 06, 9:18am

Re: Re: Re: 7 myths
"If you think about it another way, it's no backpackers in 2,000 miles." Even better!!

In Editor's Roundtable » 7 Myths about the Continental Divide Trail
April 05, 8:32pm

Re: Hiking alone - how to amuse yourself?
"Any tips on how to keep yourself amused so it's not so lonely?" Formulate solutions for the world's problems so you can join the Carbon Flamea War in Chaff. Just kidding. S...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking alone - how to amuse yourself?
April 05, 7:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: back to the original idea
"So, one question I have is have real estate prices gone back down to a reasonable value?" Yes, if you have a lot of cash, or are not worried about losing their jobs. -------- &quo...

In Chaff » Anyone being foreclosed on?
April 05, 7:39pm

Re: Re: nature - hair insulation and aging
Diminishing hearing is sometimes a good thing. My does not know if I didn't hear her, or simply ignored her.

In Chaff » Republican's attack on wilderness. Unconscionable!
April 05, 7:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am