BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3681 - 3690 of 5379 | Page: 1 ...360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ...538

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Let's Worry More About the Dearth of Understanding
"A big part of the problem is that large U.S. corporations have huge influence on our government so we don't do anything about it. We need to fix that to make progress on lots of problems....

In Chaff » Republican's attack on wilderness. Unconscionable!
April 03, 3:03pm

Re: gear lists
Mark, One thing I would recommend is taking your time. Lighten items one by one. Do not rush out a buy a lot of new stuff. Often you can buy used gear here on BPL to test it out. If it does not ...

In GEAR » Steps in creating a new UL kit
April 03, 12:28pm

Re: Re: Let's Worry More About the Dearth of Understanding
But the problem is there's a huge deficit in trade with China In the long term this will be a big problem We should do something to start reducing it ----------------------------------...

April 03, 12:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Let's Worry More About the Dearth of Understanding
If we just wait for consumers to demand CFL bulbs or whatever, and let businesses see and fill that need, the Chinese government will intervene and help establish Chinese companies that take over t...

April 03, 12:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Let's Worry More About the Dearth of Understanding
Jerry, Obviously Ben is going to have a better feel for this than most of here on BPL. And there are things in China that happen that we do not have information about. One thing we need to under...

April 03, 11:30am

Re: Re: Big is a small problem, tall is a big one
Sarah, Boy do I know what you are going through! When my son was a sophomore he was 6'2" with size 13 shoes. By then he was an elite distance runner for his age group, and 120 lbs was a...

In Philosophy & Technique » SUL handicapping system for Safety concerns
April 02, 11:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Candlepower!
Last year my neighborhood had several power outages, maybe a dozen over a 2 month period. Probably because of Jerry's inefficient employees (just kidding Jerry). Anyway, my wife and I ha...

April 02, 10:32pm

Re: Re: My Fantasy
Two words: dehydrated water. Now get working. :) ----------------------- Sorry, it might cause patent/trademark issues. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004057DI8?ie=UTF8&tag=bedro...

In Chaff » My Fantasy
April 02, 10:12pm

Re: Re: EU But Not US
Maybe the name might not go over well in the US?

In GEAR » TNF Sputnik?
April 02, 10:00pm

Re: Candlepower!
Craig, Aren't you supposed to be in Joshua Tree! The candle comment was "tongue in cheek." But your comment is well... a big part of why we have so many problems today. Famil...

April 02, 9:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am