BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3681 - 3690 of 5401 | Page: 1 ...360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ...541

Forum » Thread

Re: A Country Divided: The Continental Divide Trail
David, Absolutely one of the best done articles I have read on BPL. Not a trip report someone can duplicate, not a review of gear that can be purchased. Just thoughts, musings, and reflections w...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Country Divided: The Continental Divide Trail
April 05, 3:30pm

Re: Re: back to the original idea
Cary, Some tough breaks for you, and you have tried to do the right things -- commendable. Historically, over time, housing prices have increased. Supply & demand... mostly based on locat...

In Chaff » Anyone being foreclosed on?
April 05, 2:39pm

Re: Which Quilt?
I have a Nunatak and an enLIGHTened cuben. Both are great pieces of gear. Nunatak is a little more "feature rich" which makes it a little heavier than enLIGHTened, and they do not make cu...

In GEAR » Which Quilt?
April 05, 1:22pm

Re: Re: what is the standard thing to do when returning from gear swap?
Agree with Ben. I have a feeling there are few disputes, especially if you purchase from "well known" members. I see a lot of offering with specific information on any defects. Seems like...

In Chaff » what is the standard thing to do when returning from gear swap?
April 05, 10:30am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone being foreclosed on?
Check your premise. Do we need so much (or any) government intervention in the economy? Many would argue this is the cause of the great depression and our current financial market collapse. ...

April 05, 10:19am

Re: Re: Dear Mr Apeman,
George, I would suggest a nice hair cut and a shave. That's going to reduce your FSO quite a bit.

In Chaff » Republican's attack on wilderness. Unconscionable!
April 04, 11:55pm

Re: Joshua Tree Solo, 4/3-4/4
Great trip, Craig. Told you it was gonna be hot :)

In Post-Trip Reports » Joshua Tree Solo, 4/3-4/4
April 04, 11:54pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone being foreclosed on
Jerry and George... I am not saying banks are not bad. But not necessarily all the problem. Government created a mechanism that allowed cheating. Business should not be allowed to lo...

April 04, 7:04pm

Re: Re: Trekking poles ?
Dale, You forgot relocating rattlesnakes :)

In GEAR » Trekking poles ?
April 04, 4:36pm

Re: Anyone being foreclosed on?
This is much more complicated than it sounds. Banks and mortgage companies do not loan most of the money for homes any more -- they sell the loan, which is "serviced" by mortgage servi...

April 04, 4:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am