BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3681 - 3690 of 4601 | Page: 1 ...360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ...461

Forum » Thread

Re: sleep with food?
Last November in the GC the food sack inside the RatSak got nibbled/perforated wherever it was against the mesh. It was in the tent vestibule. Meanwhile some other enterprising critter chewed it&#...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » URsack in the Grand Canyon
August 12, 10:33am

Re: join in.
Andrew Skurka's article on the Alaska Wilderness Mountain Classic is a good example of "just doing it" without a lot of fanfare. It's been going on since 1982. I've never h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT speed record attempt
August 12, 6:34am

Re: EXCLUSIVE! Race Report: 2009 Alaska Mountain Wilderness Classic
Thanks Andrew! "We all know better than to do this race." It is astounding that you can beat yourselves up to this extent and still have a great attitudes. Flipping twice in ic...

In Editor's Roundtable » EXCLUSIVE! Race Report: 2009 Alaska Mountain Wilderness Classic
August 11, 8:21pm

Re: Re: 5.10 Savant - maybe?
Richard, Got enough miles on them to comment on lifespan? Thanks.

In GEAR » Shoes/trail runners on wet rocks
August 11, 6:44pm

Re: Upgrading 1 of the "Big 3" ♥
David, "Hey - how did you do that heart?" Hold down the ALT key and press '3' on your Number Pad. ♥ ♥ ♥

In GEAR » Upgrading 1 of the "Big 3"
August 11, 3:12pm

Re: JMT list
Steven - "What are you wrapping the leukotape on? And how does a redo affect the adhesive?" Try a pen barrel, or similar. I tried a cut down carbon fiber arrow shaft and found the...

In Gear Lists » JMT Gear List
August 11, 2:58pm

Re: Thorofare shirt
Yep. Got it. It will be on its way today. Thanks.

In Gear Swap » FS: Thorofare Pants and Shirt
August 11, 2:50pm

Re: FS: Thorofare Pants
The shirt is Sold. The Pants are still available...

In Gear Swap » FS: Thorofare Pants and Shirt
August 11, 2:14pm

Re: Re: Alcohol Stove Math
Troy, I just got back from 5 nights out, all above 10,500', 50°F air temps in the evenings, water temps around 40° and a windy environment, I boiled 12 cups of water in a Fosters Cone on w...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove Math
August 11, 12:18pm

Re: tough call
Thomas, I'm a 10.5 in Inova8, Salomon, Montrail, and Merrill. I replace the generic footbeds with "thin/gray" SuperFeet. I have a 'B' width foot and find the Inov8 wider ...

In GEAR » Shoes/trail runners on wet rocks
August 11, 9:29am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm