BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3671 - 3680 of 5126 | Page: 1 ...359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 ...513

Forum » Thread

Re: budget solo shelter help
Jeff, You have to determine how much "hang time" you'll have in camp. If you are doing "speed hikes", Minimal has it advantages. If you have inclement layover days the...

In GEAR » budget solo shelter help
March 19, 1:39pm

Re: Help me with my sleep system!
"First some background. I am the coldest sleeper in the known universe. I am 55+ years old and skinny as a rail with no body fat, and when I go to sleep, my metabolism apparently just shuts of...

In GEAR » Help me with my sleep system!
March 19, 1:31pm

Re: Marmot Hydrogen Option.
I did a similar thing to a Montbell #5. I first removed the hood, and left it open for access to the down. I removed the zipper and anti-snag panels from the bag, and left the edges open. ...

In Gear Lists » Help me pare down my gear for a speed hike
March 19, 1:15pm

Re: "Help me pare down my gear for a speed hike"
Nate, A thought about tarps - You can always get a carbon fiber "front pole" and be ready to go for under an ounce. Then setup would be consistent and fast every time. And do think a...

March 19, 12:33pm

Re: lighten up
Generalities - Stating the obvious: You will probably be a bit tired at the end of a day. And it will be dark. Trying to figure out how to hang your food is time consuming. Use Alock Sak O...

March 19, 11:40am

Re: It's all about size, isn't it?
Look at This thread about P&S etc. In the above thread there is a Link to a discussion on camera pixels and print size. It discusses the print quality between a 15M camera and a 45M came...

In Photography » P&S suggestions
March 19, 10:53am

Re: Re: great suggestions
+1 on the Canon G11 Especially coming from a DSLR. You will have lots of fingertip control, a good menu system, plus a couple of "pre-settable" shooting environments. Like "Aper...

In Photography » P&S suggestions
March 18, 8:56pm

Re: Eastside Sierra transport services?
The Mt. Whitney Shuttle Service Shuttle Service for the Eastern Sierra Telephone: 760-876-1915 Best time to call: evenings

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Eastside Sierra transport services?
March 18, 3:01pm

Re: Canon S90 battery life
Page 15 of the manual says 220. Occasionally there are posts of 250 or 300, IS Shoot Only, LCD on lowest setting, and power off in between. But the only way to really know Your battery is &qu...

In Photography » Canon S90 battery life
March 18, 2:43pm

Re: Trip announcements-development
Two Catagories down from Trip Reports is "Hiking Partners / Trip Announcements | 644 threads, 5105 posts Planning a trip? Need a partner? Need a shuttle??"

In GEAR » Trip announcements-development
March 18, 2:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm