Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3671 - 3680 of 6022 | Page: 1 ...359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 ...603

Forum » Thread

Re: wind speed
My Brunton ADC Wind Does record temperatures on a 24 hour basis, then overwrites. In the morning you can look back to see what and when the low occurred. It is slow to track. But I have found rel...

In GEAR » Weather monitor
December 20, 5:03pm

Re: Re: Emulating Golite Pack's "Compacktor" System
Ben, These are double ended clips. Sew loops where you want them and clip them together. Sometimes I file the "latch" on the free end to make it easier to disengage. If you'...

In GEAR » Emulating Golite Pack's "Compacktor" System
December 20, 4:15pm

Re: Re: Thermal conductivity
Bob, Let me guess. You love to be pedantic?

In Make Your Own Gear » titanium heat exchanger help
December 19, 7:43pm

Re: Shangri-la
"You can't blame the fact that your stakes were pulling out." The OP was not blaming anything.... "So I know I could've done much better with my site selection..." ...

In GEAR » Freestanding tent recommendations: BD Firstlight???
December 19, 3:38pm

Re: Re: re
Since it's sunday and you've got time... Remove the bobin from the carrier. Now look for the carrier Release Latch. If you find it, release the carrier and remove it. Or just let it sw...

In Make Your Own Gear » thread tension??? I think???
December 19, 3:13pm

Re: Reviews
At least the first 6 work for me....

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Can't read user product reviews
December 19, 2:02pm

Re: Response to Questions
Daryl, I think I understand what's going on. Pics would be interesting, but not essential for me. Thanks.

In Make Your Own Gear » Two Ounce Pack Frame
December 19, 11:33am

Re: Two Ounce Pack Frame
Daryl, I like the idea that the spars fit inside the fitting. It makes a lot more sense than a sleeve/barb on the inside of the CF. The issue I have with staight stays is the tendency of the t...

December 19, 10:44am

Re: Two Ounce Pack Frame
Barbs- Go inside the CF? and the CF doesn't split from the internal forces? Interesting. Who makes them? Nominal 1/8" OD? Or, What "sizing" number do I look for? Thanks.

December 19, 9:53am

Re: others motivate
"The Alaska Ultra is amazing and I am not that capable yet, but I think it follows a fixed route...." If you mean the Alaska Mountain Wilderness Classic, it is a Point A to Point B rac...

In Other Activities » Rules, I don't need no stinkin rules!
December 17, 3:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm