BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3671 - 3680 of 5157 | Page: 1 ...359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 ...516

Forum » Thread

Re: flatter feet doesn't mean you won't benefit from arch
With SuperFeet and other insoles, if you are new to the game, pay attention to how well the insole arch matches your arch. I have a "forward" arch so although I'm in a 10.5 shoe, I...

In GEAR » Superfeet
March 23, 7:20pm

Re: Soto Micro Regulator Canister Stove
If you were a BPL member, you could read about it this review.

In GEAR » Soto Micro Regulator Canister Stove
March 23, 6:29pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ice Cream on the PCT
nm

In Philosophy & Technique » High Speed Backpacking - why
March 23, 2:23pm

Re: GG LT4 Expander Retrival - Retrieved!
Nice. Congrats! I would have lost a 6 pack. It seems nearly impossible that things would line up that well with those close tolerances. I'm glad it worked.

In Make Your Own Gear » glue for cuben fiber
March 23, 9:07am

Re: trekking poles
"I've not read anything or looked into trekking poles at all. Are they even necessary?" Not until after your first knee surgery. So, maybe, never. It's on on-going discussion ...

In Gear Lists » New to backpacking
March 22, 8:56pm

Re: Superfeet
IF IF IF you decide to go with Superfeet, wait until your Big_Mile weekend is over. Now is not the time to be making changes in footware.

In GEAR » Superfeet
March 22, 7:30pm

Re: drying
We have dryer that has a fan in it. Hot air (140°F) moving across the trays takes about 8 hours. I don't have any idea how long it would take in an oven, or how to set the temperature low e...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How to Dehydrate Sauce?
March 22, 2:25pm

Re: Re: Arc Pata TNF Asolo
Ruohau, I think the word you want is "Bump". As in "Bump me to the top of the list". Not "Dump me over the edge."

In Gear Swap » Arc Pata TNF Asolo
March 22, 2:18pm

Re: Re: carbon monoxide
Ah, yes. Relative Risk versus Absolute Risk. 'A' can be 10x higher than 'B', and still be way below a critical threshold.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Fuel for alcohol stoves
March 22, 12:45pm

: Up Hills v.s. Downhills and speed
"Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall is an interesting read, and, among other things, looks a distance running and foot strike.

In Philosophy & Technique » High Speed Backpacking - why
March 22, 10:01am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm