BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3661 - 3670 of 5004 | Page: 1 ...358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ...501

Forum » Thread

Re: Beer Can Pot
What is the "unsafe" aspect? If you're talking heat, Dan Yeruski posted this Here.

In Make Your Own Gear » Beer Can Pot
February 13, 12:13pm

Re: Volume
Dan, "I also obtaining some caps that clip onto the ends of the bungee cordage to hide the fraying ends." Who has said caps? Thanks

In GEAR » Pimping MLD
February 13, 12:00pm

Re: Six Moon Designs 2-person Haven
"I still can't figure out why Ron didn't just sew the net to to his tent and cut out all the unnecessary weight like he did with his other tents." I'll offer two observatio...

In GEAR » Six Moon Designs 2-person Haven
February 13, 8:22am

Re: Arizona Trail Gear List - Posting!
Brady, "Is there a better way to post this information?" There are at least two ways to post gear lists. One is to upload a spreadsheet pdf to you Profile, which you can get to via t...

In Gear Lists » Arizona Trail Gear List - Leaving in 3 weeks!
February 13, 8:05am

Re: HEET
Find the composition of products by searching for "MSDS" and the product name. For instance "MSDS S-L-X" The "Material Safety Data Sheet" will give you compounds ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Gram Weenie stove
February 12, 5:17pm

Re: trail shoes....
"I think that a bottle of wine has dullened my senses..." Today, or then?

In GEAR » Trail runners or boots for the Sierras?
February 12, 3:18pm

Re: 50 mile day
Is this and "Event" or a "personal goal"? Just ONE 50 miles day, or several back-to-back? Is any gear involved? What support is possible? What is the terrain of the 50...

In Philosophy & Technique » 50 mile day
February 12, 8:56am

Re: Re: Las Vegas area hikes
Renting a Car! HooYa! Tremendous opportunities. Lone Pine, Ca is only 5 hours away. Whitney, the White Mountains, Bishop and the Palisades, and on, and on, and on.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Las Vegas Hikes (Logistics)
February 11, 2:10pm

Re: Re: What kind of frame do you use?
I believe there are various products generically referred to as 'plexiglass'. You want to do some research. The stuff you see down at Home Depot will crack and run at the slightest provoc...

In Make Your Own Gear » plexiglass as a inside frame
February 11, 2:06pm

Re: Good grief !!!
BPL - THE source of knowledge for ALL of your backcountry gear!

In Chaff » Ultralight Ninja Sword?
February 11, 11:40am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm