BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3661 - 3670 of 5162 | Page: 1 ...358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ...517

Forum » Thread

Re: Bag and shoes
Trail runners, and not gortex/eVent. You will want cool, breathable, fast drying footware. IMHO, gortex on the JMT in late July will result in hot miserable feet.

In GEAR » JMT Gear and Logistics
March 27, 2:51pm

Re: besan
Use instant mashed potatoes. A little bit will do 'ya.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Thickening Soup or Stew
March 27, 2:38pm

Re: Re: solomon laces
One new shoes the bottom eyelets are sewn around the end loop of the lace. If you cut the eyelets on the old shoes you would have an intact loop that you could thread the lace through after going ...

In GEAR » solomon laces
March 27, 2:36pm

Re: solomon laces
Been there. Done that. Easy, though not cheap - $15 ?? Ask your local Solomon dealer.

In GEAR » solomon laces
March 26, 10:11pm

Re: Five Fingers
Interestred! Please report back on the G,B,&U.

In GEAR » Vibram Five Fingers??
March 26, 6:29pm

29 Mile Bushwack and Beach Walk
Joseph, Rock, more rock, and more wet rock, sounds brutal. I particularly like your comment of "We were still not certain of our location even with the light of day." Been there, ...

In Post-Trip Reports » 29 Mile Bushwhack and Beach Walk in Southeast Alaska
March 26, 4:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: weights
..and I'll bet Bender can put together a 6" air matt for under 12 ounces.

In GEAR » Hammock vs. Tarp/ Bivy vs. Tarptent
March 26, 1:47pm

Re: Fuel bottles
Ben, Yes, for the "Straw". I tried to find a tube for the standard flip-tops but never got anything solid. I use a Caldera Cone. This eliminates the need to measure, as recovery is s...

In GEAR » Alcohol fuel bottles - show me yours!
March 26, 12:24pm

Re: Re: Fuel bottles
Ben, The Packa-Feather fuel bottle tops are threaded for soda bottles. To use them on some bottles a o-ring is needed to assure a seal.

In GEAR » Alcohol fuel bottles - show me yours!
March 26, 11:47am

Re: Re: Busting the Crust.
Washes, slickrock, and rock-to-rock hopping, in that order. Sometimes I backtrack and try another route. If I can, I brush my tracks where they leave a route, just to keep others from getting...

In Philosophy & Technique » Busting the Crust.
March 25, 12:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm