BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3661 - 3670 of 5077 | Page: 1 ...358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ...508

Forum » Thread

Re: Calorie values of oats.
I sure I missed 14 other pages of posts.... But how did you arrive at 6000 calories per day? The army thinks 4500 will take care of a person in the field. Andrew Skurka gets by with around t...

In GEAR » Bulk supplements and my PCT diet
March 13, 8:31am

Re: Yes!!
Very Nice Dave. The yoga mat is a great touch, as a concept and a material. Thanks.

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Frame bags (MYOG)
March 13, 8:07am

Re: Montbell Super Spiral...
Mike, I'll follow this thread. I'm really interested in your impressions. Please post your findings. Thanks.

In GEAR » Montbell Super Spiral
March 12, 8:18pm

Re: Bear photo
It was a spiteful poo. Unaware hiker leaves car, heads up the trail, casually talking, and Oh! poo....

In Chaff » The answer to that age old question
March 12, 4:44pm

Re: Caldera ULC for SP600
Thanks Gordon. It really does a pretty good job considering that the heat transfer is only the bottom. I didn't know about the screen. The whole setup is starting to look like a Fissure. ...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone System
March 12, 1:13pm

Re: Mountain Hardwear Wicked lite T's
...and how much does the 'Wicked lite' weigh?

In Gear Deals » Mountain Hardwear Wicked lite T's
March 12, 12:46pm

Re: Sigg Water Bottles $10-$15 each
Are these the ones Sigg lined with BPH?

In Gear Deals » Sigg Water Bottles $10-$15 each
March 12, 12:44pm

Re: Re: Caldera Cone System
Gordon, Very sweet setup! Any idea how much full is used to reach a full boil? Thanks.

In GEAR » Caldera Cone System
March 12, 12:27pm

Re: I guess I thought that the shoe needed to be determined
I don't Recommend heavy loads in trail runners....but.... I manage 90 pound loads across talus fields that pass a portage trails with no ill effects. I've carried numerous times in a day o...

In GEAR » Noob, criteria for trail runners
March 11, 5:43pm

Re: list
Stakes - I use Easton Aluminum 8" (0.50 ounces each). They drive well. They can be buried in sand. They will stay under a rock pile when attached to my 24" tie-outs, eliminating the need...

In Gear Lists » Grand Canyon list
March 11, 4:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm