Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3661 - 3670 of 6030 | Page: 1 ...358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ...603

Forum » Thread

Re: Ok, I’ve done some research and now I have some questions.
Look Here to see how to deal with fuel. I use a Keg-H. It is more robust. When alone, I eat out of the Keg. So I pour food into hot water, not vice-versa. I have bonded silicone to the lip ...

In GEAR » New Stove Setup
December 28, 9:35pm

Re: ULA Ohm Image...yep!
nm

In Editor's Roundtable » 2010 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
December 28, 6:10pm

Re: Re: 2010 Backpacking Light Staff Picks - HP 12C
Museum? My 11C is still going strong. Lots of love here. And lots of daily use. My wife learned RPN, and now neither of us can run an algebraic calculator. When you can find them, they ain...

December 28, 5:25pm

Re: Re: Is moisture a significant problem?
+1 on NBD. I have a Big Agnes Clearview (lung power inflation) that collected moisture over 10 days of cold weather camping. Maybe.... 1/4 teaspoon? I e-mailed Big Agnes for advice. They sai...

In GEAR » Thermarest Pump??
December 28, 5:20pm

Re: Tech Pants Weight?
Sam, So....what Do the Tech Pants weigh?

December 28, 2:56pm

Re: Re: Exped PillowPump Hack
Look Here for another option.

In GEAR » Thermarest Pump??
December 28, 12:53pm

Re: Katabatic Sawatch
Regarding the Sawatch 15° Quilt - Mine has draft tubes and a 5-leg shock cord cinch, which was slack all night, except for "snugging" to the back. There is a photo a similarly modifi...

In GEAR » Are quilts for side sleepers?
December 28, 8:26am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Shangri La 3 mods: Adding grossgrain/webbing guy-out loops to a felled seam?
IMHO you have passed all sanity checks ;-) Brain seems to be fully engaged. Parts and pieces are before you. Prototyping at its best. Sew, man, sew.

In Make Your Own Gear » Shangri La 3 mods: Adding grossgrain/webbing guy-out loops to a felled seam?
December 27, 2:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Shangri La 3 mods: Adding grossgrain/webbing guy-out loops to a felled seam?
Craig, If this loop is going to be at the bottom edge, I'd sandwich the seam with the grosgrain. And if not, I wouldn't bother to back it up. There are 3 layers of fabric sitting there. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Shangri La 3 mods: Adding grossgrain/webbing guy-out loops to a felled seam?
December 27, 11:18am

Re: Shangri La 3 mods: Adding grossgrain/webbing guy-out loops to a felled seam?
"Any tips or is it as simple as ripping about 1" of seam where I want it, inserting webbing, sewing it back shut, and seam sealing?" I wouldn't bother to rip the seam. Just c...

December 27, 11:09am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm