Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3651 - 3660 of 3729 | Page: 1 ...354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373

Forum » Thread

Re: spreadsheet- cool features
And just when I decide to finally sit down and figure out a new formula, I do it in a short period of time now that it's too late. Darn.

In Gear Lists » BPL Gear List Spreadsheet CONTEST
December 07, 8:33am

Gossamer Gear NightLight Sleeping Pad (Torso Length)
Why does the above torso length pad have an R value of 2.27 and the old Mt Washington have an R value of 3.2? http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/00077.html The Prolite ...

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear NightLight Sleeping Pad (Torso Length)
December 07, 8:05am

Re: spreadsheet- cool features
Mine is an inventory/gear list where you can input all of your gear with weights. Then you can mark what you are taking on a specific trip and, with a few clicks of the mouse, see what that list wi...

December 06, 7:03pm

Re: initial test - esbit + titanium wing stove
For me buying that much locally would cost about 43 US dollars.

In Philosophy & Technique » Cooking technique question...
December 06, 9:43am

Re: alone in the wilderness
Great documentary isn't it?

In Chaff » alone in the wilderness
December 04, 11:53am

Re: BPL Gear List Spreadsheet CONTEST
The mac users should definitely check out the verson of OpenOffice called NeoOffice which is a nice user interface written over OpenOffice. http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/en/olddownload.php

December 01, 5:27pm

Re: 20 day no resupply food list
Go to golites website and track down Coup's no resupply food list that he used on three alpine long trails this summer.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 20 day no resupply food list
November 29, 7:00pm

Re: Platy Bottles during Winter
There is a winter forum with a similar post.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Platy Bottles during Winter
November 29, 6:58pm

Re: Please extend Spreadsheet deadline
I think the deadline should be extended at least one week because of the holidays. You might get alot more people finding time on their hands to compete.

November 29, 6:43pm

Re: Modding for weight loss??
Modding = Modifying

In GEAR » MELTING SNOW: Fuel Efficiency and Boil Time Comparisons of Four Gas Backpacking Stoves in Winter Conditions
November 29, 6:07pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm