BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3651 - 3660 of 4590 | Page: 1 ...357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 ...459

Forum » Thread

Re: Another Video of the Classic
Thank you Roman, especially for the lessons learned. Awesome Job! And I do like the soundtrack.

In Editor's Roundtable » EXCLUSIVE! Race Report: 2009 Alaska Mountain Wilderness Classic
August 14, 2:09pm

Re: Lowering a pack using rope
Just did this to drop over a cornice - Almost any cord you have is strong enough. The issue is how to hold onto it. I used a 2.5mm from my shelter setup, wrapped around my butt, belay style. ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Lowering a pack using rope
August 14, 1:46pm

Re: <1.2oz Heineken can pot
A Foster's is .88 ounces, a whopping 26% reduction! And can handle 24 fluid ounces to boot!!

In GEAR » <1.2oz Heineken can pot
August 14, 12:36pm

PayPal Fees
On the Send Money page there are two tabs to choose from Purchase or Personal From the PayPal site, 'Fees' at the bottom of the page - For the Purchase of Goods and Services -...

In Chaff » PayPal Fees
August 14, 12:12pm

Re: JMT Record Pace and Carbs v.s. Fats
Tom said "The slower the pace, the higher the percentage of energy supplied by metabolizing fat." It's not the slow pace that affects utilization, it's the pace relative to you...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT Record Pace and Carbs v.s. Fats
August 14, 7:54am

Re: Best Headnet
"designed to work without a hat" - Unless you have Really thick hair and a full beard you will get stabbed on every contact point. Hats give a "stand-off" that keeps the...

In GEAR » Best Headnet
August 13, 8:02pm

Re: FS: Thorofare Pants Large
Yep. Still for Sale.

In Gear Swap » FS: Thorofare Pants and Shirt
August 13, 6:06pm

Re: JMT Record Pace and Carbs v.s. Fats
Art, No specifics here, but a lot depends on your level of fittness. I believe I saw a note that world class women marathoners can reach 50% fat metabolism! I'd be luck to get 10% at that l...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT Record Pace and Carbs v.s. Fats
August 13, 2:18pm

Trekking Poles for 'Mid Support
Brett asked about trekking pole connectors. Josh mentioned combining AGP poles by placing the bottom of one pole into the top of the other. This reminded me to do some simple tests. On a...

In GEAR » Trekking Poles for 'Mid Support
August 13, 2:09pm

Re: Record Attempt Pace and Carbs v.s. Fats
Moved to here.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT speed record attempt
August 13, 1:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm