Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3651 - 3660 of 5314 | Page: 1 ...357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 ...532

Forum » Thread

Re: Yes you can but I wouldn't
"You could legally use an Ursack in most areas from then on." Based on what piece of information? Edit: Greg - I just looked at the 2008 Map you point to. You are certainly corr...

In GEAR » Ursak and the JMT
April 20, 7:53am

Re: Canister Requirements
It is a confusing collection of Do's and Don't, but regarding the JMT I did find this - (a screen-shot cut and paste) This is definitive for 2010: JMT/PCT South, John Muir Trail North

April 20, 7:47am

Re: Ursak and the JMT
"I've read that this year hard canisters are only required in a few specific areas along the trail, most notably in Yosemite National Park." Bradly, or anyone else - Has there b...

April 19, 9:29pm

Re: Washing BPL Thorofare Clothing
"Care Instructions Machine wash cold using Revivex Synthetic Fabric Cleaner. An optional step if you want the surface to retain an aggressive DWR treatment to minimize soiling and maximize ...

In GEAR » Washing BPL Thorofare Clothing
April 19, 7:07pm

Re: Special tray for sauces?
You can buy non-stick sheets that lie on top of your trays. Or you can use parchment paper. The choice depends on your usage.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » food dehydrator
April 19, 6:59pm

Re: different shoe
John Adderman - Thank you for that gem! I've had 3 pair of Inov8s - all fitting well- but never stumbled across that info. How clever of them to bury it, and then hide it at the bottom ...

In GEAR » Any cure for my blister causing shoes?
April 19, 5:31pm

Re: SMD Haven
Travis, It's cheery when We're inside ;-) It is definitely "warmer" than gray. Even with the black bugnet it has a cozy feel to it.

In GEAR » SMD Haven - First Impressions
April 19, 4:58pm

Re: Re: SMD Haven
Lynn, Pole height was the specified 45". Vestibule line tension was a little light, as on one side the stake was pulling out, and on the other rocks were starting to slide. I'll set up i...

In GEAR » SMD Haven - First Impressions
April 19, 3:21pm

Re: Fishing Pole Case
The "brain trust" that resides on BPL is amazing!

In Make Your Own Gear » Transporting Fishing Poles
April 19, 7:50am

Re: No Cook Trips
"Is it feasible to plan meals based on items that don't have to be cooked, and can you get a nutritionally balanced diet while on the trail doing so?" Kari, There are a few lurkin...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » No Cook Trips
April 18, 9:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm