BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3641 - 3650 of 3704 | Page: 1 ...352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371

Forum » Thread

Re: unanswered questions
Here are your instructions found in one minute using yahoo. http://www.bright.net/~mziegler/HomemadeGear/mPhotonholder.htm

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » unanswered questions
November 19, 8:46pm

Re: unanswered questions
Tim, go to radio shack and ask for mini alligator clips. They come in package of 10 or so. The photon 2 (not photon 3 and I don't know about photon 1), has screws on the back. She unscrewed one in ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » unanswered questions
November 19, 8:43pm

Re: Keeping water / food from freezing on day hikes -
You need to change to foods that will not freeze, IMO.What's the camelbak tube wrapped with? Be sure to blow the water back into the camelbak after drinking. On here somewhere Ryan has instruction ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Keeping water / food from freezing on day hikes -
November 19, 5:47pm

Re: Re: Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
After they bolted from the sub 5 rule, I got all depressed because I racked my brain to go sub 5. Now I am on medication for it ; ). All nonsense aside, I need to upgrade my version I guess. I d...

In Gear Lists » Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
November 19, 5:41pm

A thought
Has anyone ever somehow staked plastic directly over their sleeping area of a snowcave roof to stop/divert the water drip? That would seem interesting to see how it would work.

November 09, 8:33am

Re: Saving Ryan's Privates: Update
Winter SUL Gear List updated to change Nalgene cantene size, cookpot, and sleep headwear. Total- 79.2 oz (4.95 pounds)

November 02, 11:16pm

VBL
Like Kevin said, layer the jacket over the vbl for even more loft, both layers of the flight would be alot.

November 02, 11:36am

Re: Wonder Water Treatment
I think there will be much shorter shelf life. Shelf life for aqua mira is about two years, IIRC. Shelf life for KlearWater (guessing that is the name?) is eight months once opened IF refrigerated.

In GEAR » New Water Treatment Product
November 02, 11:23am

Re: Saving Ryan's Privates: Update
It's something to think about for sure. I was figuring he might need something more since we are to plan for a winter storm. Maybe a brighter headlamp wouldn't help in a white out...I haven't been ...

November 01, 3:31pm

Re: Big Agnes
They were all given to the end of this year to sell event tents. ID chose to stop immediately.

In GEAR » "event" fabric in tents
November 01, 3:28pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm