Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3641 - 3650 of 5491 | Page: 1 ...356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 ...550

Forum » Thread

Re: Pocket Rocket, 3 contact points
Yes, "centering" greatly improved our issues. Here is our Snow Peak GigaPower on the bottom of our 1.3L Evernew - From what you describe I'd pick Deems Burton's SpokeSta...

In GEAR » Stable pot stand for canister stoves
May 09, 12:48pm

Re: Re: Be Careful with that Sofa!!
Yes, do be careful.

In Chaff » Be Careful with that Sofa!!
May 09, 10:49am

Re: Professional Sleeping Bag Cleaning
Gary, That will work. I'll get in contact. Thanks.

In GEAR » Professional Sleeping Bag Claning
May 09, 10:42am

Re: UK Help?
BackpackingLight.com and backpackinglight.co.uk NOW we're getting down to it. Any help from UK members on how to accomplish this?

In Gear Swap » WTB: 16mm Pole Extender
May 09, 10:30am

Re: Straps
I do not use straps. I like to be able to "wave good-bye" if a pole gets caught. If you want a loose "keeper", take a look at the small loop a the bottom of the Gossamer Gea...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG trekking poles
May 09, 10:22am

Re: WTB: 16mm Pole Extender
16 mm = 0.629 inches Not much of an extension... What is it?

In Gear Swap » WTB: 16mm Pole Extender
May 09, 10:13am

Re: re: fast, solo, stream crossings
"...that keeping the pack snug and the dry bags puffed up with lots of air is the way to go. If you dump, roll over onto your back with feet downstream. The pack with float you and allow you ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Fast Water Solo Stream Crossings - Looking for Best Practice Solo Method/Techniques
May 09, 10:05am

Re: Stable pot stand for canister stoves
"Unstable" We use a 1.3L pot so we're close in size. We found that "instability" was a result of not being able to center the pot, or keep it centered, on the supports. ...

In GEAR » Stable pot stand for canister stoves
May 09, 9:40am

Re: Fast Water Solo Stream Crossings - Looking for Best Practice Solo Method/Techniques
No experience. And just one observation. "Generally I unhook my waist belt & loosen my pack straps enough to dump it if necessary" I watched in horror as one individual did just...

In Philosophy & Technique » Fast Water Solo Stream Crossings - Looking for Best Practice Solo Method/Techniques
May 09, 9:20am

Re: Re: Professional Sleeping Bag Cleaning
For some reason I thought there were wizards in the Seattle area. I don't really care where the bag goes, as long as they know what they are doing. A long time ago, cleaning them in "...

In GEAR » Professional Sleeping Bag Claning
May 09, 9:10am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm