Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3641 - 3650 of 5845 | Page: 1 ...356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 ...585

Forum » Thread

Re: ULA
Perhaps because a Circuit weighs 36 ounces? edit: I think it is a very well designed pack. I just can't get past the weight. (I currently use an Ohm.)

In GEAR » Gorilla or Blast for PCT 2011
November 10, 12:30pm

Re: Re: poison oak
Pay attention to your clothes, shoes(laces), and pack. The oils will be there after you get home, and if you're prone, you'll get it the day After the trip.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Poison oak
November 10, 12:22pm

Re: Hydrogen
Mike, I haven't found the perfect 25° bag yet. (And the MB SS #2 isn't it for me.) I have just discovered that the Marmot line is a good fit for me. (The Megalite is to much volume and...

In GEAR » New sleeping bag
November 10, 8:41am

Re: Clint, I was thinking platypi as well lol, and
Leigh, There is a lot of room up there. By melting in a hole you reinforce the edge with the displaced plastic, making it thicker, round, and smooth, all of which spreads out the stress.

In Make Your Own Gear » Need ideas for a homemade water bottle holder
November 09, 7:44pm

Re: Need ideas for a homemade water bottle holder
"I carry 2 1L platys in my backpack, but on my first backpacking trip, we decided to do a day hike and I had no way to carry water." Take your Platy, turn it upside down, and with a HO...

In Make Your Own Gear » Need ideas for a homemade water bottle holder
November 09, 6:59pm

Re: Re: Re: WTB Gossamer Gear LT4 Trekking Poles
Perhaps if you had posted it in the G-Spot...

In Gear Swap » WTB Gossamer Gear LT4 Trekking Poles
November 09, 6:35pm

Re: Re: LightHeart Tents
"What concerns me ... the lack of height on the ends. While this type of design is very wind worthy, I fear that I might be a bit claustrophobic." Ross, A quick and dirty schematic sh...

In GEAR » LightHeart tents
November 09, 5:11pm

Re: Overfill Summerlite?
"If there isn't enough enough room in the shell, it's not going to loft up enough to add any warmth to the bag. " It won't "loft" any higher, but the increase in ...

In GEAR » Overfill Summerlite?
November 09, 4:27pm

Re: Embedded Link
John, Or Look Here.

In User Test Forum » Test linkout
November 09, 3:52pm

Re: ... What Not to Bring
You might not have noticed, but this is BackpackingLIGHT... If your web site photos are indicative of your approach, this discussion will be a short one. Shilling your services is OK, p...

In On the Web » West Coast Trail and What to Bring
November 09, 3:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm