BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3631 - 3640 of 3704 | Page: 1 ...352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371

Forum » Thread

Re: BPL Gear List Spreadsheet CONTEST
The mac users should definitely check out the verson of OpenOffice called NeoOffice which is a nice user interface written over OpenOffice. http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/en/olddownload.php

In Gear Lists » BPL Gear List Spreadsheet CONTEST
December 01, 5:27pm

Re: 20 day no resupply food list
Go to golites website and track down Coup's no resupply food list that he used on three alpine long trails this summer.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 20 day no resupply food list
November 29, 7:00pm

Re: Platy Bottles during Winter
There is a winter forum with a similar post.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Platy Bottles during Winter
November 29, 6:58pm

Re: Please extend Spreadsheet deadline
I think the deadline should be extended at least one week because of the holidays. You might get alot more people finding time on their hands to compete.

In Gear Lists » BPL Gear List Spreadsheet CONTEST
November 29, 6:43pm

Re: Modding for weight loss??
Modding = Modifying

In GEAR » MELTING SNOW: Fuel Efficiency and Boil Time Comparisons of Four Gas Backpacking Stoves in Winter Conditions
November 29, 6:07pm

Kevin
Sorry to reply late to you. I had not gone back through to figure out what sleeping gear was decided on. It looks like a couple others are carrying onward. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

In Gear Lists » Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
November 23, 11:53am

Re: keeping food/water from freezing on day hike
Everything below is from Ryans thread.... http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/32/index.html "I use an MSR Hydromedary when I climb in the winter. Aft...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Keeping water / food from freezing on day hikes -
November 21, 6:07pm

Re: Re: Re: GOO
Where do you get the idea that maltodextrin is unhealthy? I'll wager that most pro athletes use it alot and they don't look unhealthy to me.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Homemade GOO!
November 21, 9:39am

Re: Safety Lanyard - Better Ideas??
Peter Pan, it sounds like you are girth hitching an overall 18 inch cord to a belt loop, with each end having a 2 inch loop. I don't understand exactly how your items are attached. I would simply a...

In Multiple Use Gear » Safety Lanyard - Better Ideas??
November 20, 7:43pm

Re: Esbit cooking
Vick, when you say the tablet should be 1 to 1.25 inches below the pot, where are you measuring? What is the smallest distance, in your opinion, from the bottom of the esbit holder/esbit tablet...

In Philosophy & Technique » Cooking technique question...
November 20, 12:22pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm