Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3631 - 3640 of 5216 | Page: 1 ...355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 ...522

Forum » Thread

Re: RE
rant starts... Just to be a bit cynical--- Where does Think Baby Bottles get their Stainless? China? Is it tested for cadmium and the other heavy metals that seem to creep into their manu...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Rehydration Container
April 05, 9:46pm

Re: RE
Ben, If plastics are out, that leaves metal. Stainless, Aluminum, or Titanium. If Weight is a priority that means Ti. A Snow Peak Bowl is 1.6 ounces for 20 fl. oz. It would be easy to make a r...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Rehydration Container
April 05, 9:25pm

Re: SURVEY REPORT: THE MYTHS OF TARP DURABILITY
nm

In GEAR » SURVEY REPORT: THE MYTHS OF TARP DURABILITY
April 05, 9:13pm

Re: Best Hikes Near Denver
RMNP. This is not my trip, but one that caught my eye. The drive over Trail Ridge Road is memorable, especially if done mid-week. If that is too much of an imposition on the shuttle folks consid...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Best Hikes Near Denver
April 05, 8:48pm

Re: La Garita Mountains
nm

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » colorado trail july vs september
April 05, 7:07pm

Re: recommended drybag inside a jam2?
+1 on the Trash Compactor Bag. I inadvertently tested mine on a BWCA trip and was amazed at the physics of the situation. After doing the math, it still made me smile. A 65# pack with an ~18...

In GEAR » recommended drybag inside a jam2?
April 05, 6:48pm

Re: 3-season GEAR LIST (assistance)
Mike, For Clothes Worn I get 64.9 ounces versus your 61.9 ounces. Must be a warp in the Universe somewhere.

In Gear Lists » 3-season GEAR LIST (assistance)
April 05, 11:55am

Re: Re: Lineloc slippage anyone?
Not with cord that is 2.5 to 3 mm in diameter, but with anything smaller, yes, wet or dry. If you are into Nanos, you can install them at the tarp by threading the Nano loop through the tarp web...

In GEAR » Lineloc slippage anyone?
April 05, 9:31am

Re: Re: "3-season GEAR LIST (assistance)"
Oh Please! Don't go here for the 14th time. You know it's Mike. You Know he's not asking about TP. This has been a pretty good thread so far. Honor that.

In Gear Lists » 3-season GEAR LIST (assistance)
April 04, 4:32pm

Re: Insole for Salomon xa pro
"...but either I am missing something or the search function on this server leaves a lot to be desired." Yea, a Whole Lot! In the meantime use Google with 'site:http://www.backp...

In GEAR » Insole for Salomon xa pro
April 04, 4:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm