Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3631 - 3640 of 5845 | Page: 1 ...355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 ...585

Forum » Thread

Re: Filter Flow Rate
I am using a Sawyer Filter. I primed by filling and squashing a 2 liter Platy, shaking the filter until the air was out, and the output stream was running solid. The distance from the bottom...

In GEAR » Most efficient gravity filter system - need market update
November 11, 11:45am

Re: POE Ether Elite 6 2/3 Length Air Mat Product Review
R-4.7 in the full thickness, no-movement case. R-2 where hips and shoulders compress the mat to 18 mm, and Less if you are moving and "stirring" the internal air. The "testing ...

In Editor's Roundtable » POE Ether Elite 6 2/3 Length Air Mat Product Review
November 11, 10:00am

Re: Kooka Bay?
Can anyone provide the "rule of thumb" for a mat's R-Value as a function of target Bag temperature? e.g. If I expect to be using a 10° bag in January, sleeping on snow, what shou...

In GEAR » Exped Downmat 7 or 9?
November 10, 5:48pm

Gravity System Quick Connects
Edit: This company has a minimum order of 10 pieces per item. So for one simple connection you would need 20 items. Even at $1.20 a set you'd pay $12 plus shipping. If anyone wanted to go ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Gravity System Quick Connects
November 10, 5:36pm

Test
nm

In User Test Forum » Test
November 10, 5:26pm

Re: Poison oak
"I don't think the rash is limited to the point of contact, the oil spreads through the blood, IIRC" The initial reaction is at the contact points. If things get out of hand it ca...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Poison oak
November 10, 3:16pm

Re: Circuit
+1 on the belt. I had ULA put a Large belt on my Medium Ohm to improve the carry. I love Ohm. I have other packs that don't get used. Brian really hit all the design points to make thes...

In GEAR » Gorilla or Blast for PCT 2011
November 10, 2:11pm

PillowPump Hack for ThermaRest Valves
I have a Exped PillowPump that gets used on down and fiber filled mats, but now I have a KookaBay on the way that I don't want to inflate by mouth, to avoid the condensation issue. After sta...

In Make Your Own Gear » PillowPump Hack for ThermaRest Valves
November 10, 2:05pm

Re: Gorilla or Blast for PCT 2011
David, I thought the Ohm and Circuit have the same "hooped" suspension system. Does the Circuit's "...dense internal foam frame..." add much more than CCF pad in the rig...

In GEAR » Gorilla or Blast for PCT 2011
November 10, 1:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Hydrogen
Thanks Mike. That helps.

In GEAR » New sleeping bag
November 10, 12:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm