BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3621 - 3630 of 3660 | Page: 1 ...347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Hoodless bag/head insulation technique
I guess I was mainly wondering how others were able to go without down head insulation when that part is said to be the main source of heat loss. Maybe I'm a wuss..lol. Or maybe I underestimate the...

In Philosophy & Technique » Hoodless bag/head insulation technique
September 04, 1:52pm

Hoodless bag/head insulation technique
Many of the gear lists talk about hoodless bags being used and only a possum down hat or similar for head insulation. I doubt I could be comfy using a possum down hat in 30-40 degree weather, espec...

In Philosophy & Technique » Hoodless bag/head insulation technique
September 04, 8:27am

Preferred hammock?
Does Miss Carol have an opinion on which hammock she likes the best so far?

In Editor's Roundtable » Notes from the Field: SuperUltraLight Tarp vs. Hammock in the High Uintas
August 30, 11:51pm

Re: Lightest Dude Awards!
got it.

In GEAR » Hurry up with the Lightest Dude Awards!
August 12, 1:03pm

Lightest Dude Awards!
I don't think I can wait much longer to see what the results are out of Utah. Hopefully Ryan will post them soon.

In GEAR » Hurry up with the Lightest Dude Awards!
August 12, 8:11am

Re: Thermoregulation
In the treatment of heat stroke, ice packs may be applied to the neck, armpit, and groin. In the treatment of hypothermia, heat sources may be applied to the abdomen, axillae, and groin. The armpit...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thermoregulation
July 29, 11:03am

Re: Sierra Designs Wicked Fast
Richard, the RAB QTop bag can be bought in the USA from http://www.mandatorygear.com/SleepRabbags2.html

In GEAR » Ultralight sleeping bag
July 23, 10:19pm

Re: The Lightest Cookpot
Probably the Fosters (lighter) or Heineken (stronger) beer can cookpots. Hog on Ice's setup is about the lightest you can get for two cup boiling. http://www.datasync.com/~wksmith/hoikit.html

In GEAR » The Lightest Cookpot
July 11, 2:41pm

Geko trip computer settings
What four data field options do you have showing on your geko trip computer for backpacking? I was thinking elevation, heading, location, and next dist.

In GEAR » Geko trip page settings
July 08, 12:15pm

Re: Define "Consumables" for SUL
I'll stay out of this one..hehe

In Gear Lists » Extreme Light Gear List... Try to make even lighter!
June 28, 10:00pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm