Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3621 - 3630 of 5731 | Page: 1 ...354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 ...574

Forum » Thread

Re: gravity filter
No instructions on the freestanding SiltStopper bubble pack.... The assumption is the direction does Not make a difference? For instance the filter doesn't have a radial gradient? Regard...

In GEAR » gravity filter
October 24, 10:24am

Re: SiltStopper
Brad - You posted this shot earlier: I looked many places on how to connect the SiltStopper, and found only one reference, on REI, that states "Attach the SiltStopper such that the Red s...

In GEAR » gravity filter
October 24, 9:34am

Re: Knee Pain - Trail Runners
"...it may have something to do with all the time I'm spending on the bike...." Joe, A roller is about the only way you can reliably stretch the IT band. Some WalMarts sell the...

In GEAR » Knee Pain - Trail Runners
October 23, 9:00pm

Re: IT band
THIS is a very effective stretching technique. As noted: It ain't fun. But it is easy and it does work. YMMV Edit: It will take 2 to 3 weeks to get past the discomfort, but it Will ...

In GEAR » Knee Pain - Trail Runners
October 23, 9:37am

Re: BPL UL 240 quilt
Synthetic's strength is in wet weather performance. Two weeks of unrelenting 50° temps, high humidity, no sunshine and regular rain will start to degrade the performance of a down bag. Be...

In GEAR » Backpacking Light UL 240 Quilt Backpacking Light UL 240 Quilt
October 22, 10:15pm

Re: Andrew
It is not the Goretex or the eVent that is failing to perform. It is the not-so-DWR that is failing in this case.

In GEAR » Skurka's Gear List and Commentary
October 22, 12:51pm

Re: Joke
On this forum TP is Never a joke! The only reason this thread is so sedate is because Ben is gone.

In Chaff » Latest LNT Technology
October 21, 2:17pm

Re: Latest LNT Technology
I think it needs shades of brown...

In Chaff » Latest LNT Technology
October 21, 12:00pm

Re: 2 points
"make sure you have a good meal before sleeping ..." As I have recently learned, the thermic effect of a meal is only good for about 2 hours. After that you are at the mercy of your b...

In GEAR » Winter Pad
October 21, 7:47am

Re: synth
Ike, Unless your camp jacket is a VBL, how does it stop moisture transport into the down layer?

In GEAR » Synthetics should have caught or surpassed down by now!! Try harder
October 21, 7:43am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm