BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3621 - 3630 of 5004 | Page: 1 ...354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 ...501

Forum » Thread

Re: applicator
Thin silicone with mineral spirits 3:1 by mixing with a bent coat hanger in a drill motor until uniform. Pour into a syringe and apply sparingly and precisely.

In GEAR » Seam Sealing a Tarptent
March 08, 5:14pm

Re: Gear
The next piece of gear to buy is a scale that is good to +/- 0.1 ounces. After that you need to set up a spreadsheet. Real numbers. Real obvious. Then you can compare and learn.

In Gear Lists » Need Complete Gear List
March 08, 2:35pm

Re: H vs F Boil Times
I don't have a Keg GVP, but I do have a Keg-H and a Keg-F. Testing these to, side by side, yielded interesting results. Air Temp in the garage was 50°F. No breezes in the garage. Water t...

In GEAR » Caldera Keg GVP?
March 08, 1:30pm

Re: Staying warm at camp - Space Blanket Clothing
Oh, I like the geese idea, but I think we're missing something here. If 10 pounds of fleece and down doesn't get it done we got a problem. I tell 'ya, we need more clues. ...

In GEAR » Staying warm at camp - Space Blanket Clothing
March 07, 7:50pm

Re: UL Grizzly Bear Repellent
Like I said, "I'll bet those guys know how to get it done." Protocol or no Protocol.

In GEAR » UL Grizzly Bear Repellent
March 07, 7:43pm

Re: Staying warm at camp - Space Blanket Clothing
Greg, Does she Ever warm up in camp? Or after dinner? Or in the sleeping bag? Or from another perspective, how does she get warm again? Have you tried food during the last 30 minutes into ca...

In GEAR » Staying warm at camp - Space Blanket Clothing
March 07, 7:30pm

Re: Time
"The 6 day work week is by choice, I work for my inlaws..." The bane of every owner-operator business. If you are mired in the day-to-day you never have time to plan, strategise, dev...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Having the time to backpack
March 07, 7:15pm

Re: UL Grizzly Bear Repellent
Bob, Any airport has to be able to receive mail, supplies, and parts. Somehow they get fuel in. They get solvents in spray cans. I appreciate your search for alternative deterrents, but somew...

In GEAR » UL Grizzly Bear Repellent
March 07, 6:40pm

Re: bread
"but how do you "regulate" esbit, as you regulate the alcohol stove with a simmer top ?" Sorry, I wasn't clear. You can only regulate the alcohol burner, AFAIK. The...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Baking bread in an UL pot?
March 07, 4:13pm

Re: bread
Christoph, Esbit or Alcohol in a Cone is pretty much the same. I didn't know how tightly bound you were to the Inferno. The alcohol burner with a muffin tin as a 'simmer top' allows y...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Baking bread in an UL pot?
March 07, 3:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm