BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3611 - 3620 of 4594 | Page: 1 ...353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 ...460

Forum » Thread

Re: Please don't waste your time w/alcohol stoves
Carefull everybody... c a r e f u l l ...... Deep Breath Deep Breath maybe wait an hour or so....

In Philmont » alcohol stoves at philmont?
September 20, 10:32am

Re: Rain
Jeff, We're not in and out much. We usually sit tight. But the occasions will arise and knowing beforehand what to expect minimizes surprises. I would not want to invest (and I do mean Inv...

In GEAR » 'mids in the rain
September 19, 7:56am

Re: "mids in the rain"
Martin, I am looking forward to your report. Hope all goes well. Have a great trip.

September 18, 7:41pm

WTB: Western Mountaineering AlpinLite
Got One! I'm looking for an '08 or '09 WM AlpinLite Super, regular (6'), left zip, no overfill, in good to excellent condition, from a non-smoking, pet-free environment. I kno...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Western Mountaineering AplinLite
September 18, 7:38pm

Re: Good solution
"I think its easy to overly analyze a situation which doesn't happen that frequently anyway." Wind Rivers September '08 - Rained/snowed 8 out of 10 days CDT October '08 - ...

September 18, 7:10pm

Re: What I see is the front 1/4 of the 'Mid getting soaked.
Pedro, You might be getting through...;-) A MLD Duo InnerNet at 50" wide would provide the essential bug protection AND leave the front available for gear etc. that is typically in a vesti...

September 18, 6:47pm

Re: No worries with the mid
Pedro, What I see is the front 1/4 of the 'Mid getting soaked. In a hexaganol Hex3 a partially open door doesn't intrude into the primary space. Maybe I just have to try it to believe i...

September 18, 6:30pm

Re: Caldera UL Compact Lineup
Caldera UL Compact Complete Lineup

In Gear Deals » MLD Caldera UL Compact
September 18, 6:14pm

Re: Re: Re: 'mids in the rain
As noted in my original post - I am considering a SuperMid, IF I can figure out how to deal with rain.... Anyone with BIG MID experience care to chime in?

September 18, 5:50pm

Re: mids in the rain
Thom, Just you, or you and another in the DuoMid? Even with a 'half-zip' and crawl-under approach I can't quite see how to keep a 2nd persons gear, or a full-sized bivy from taking ...

September 18, 3:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm