Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3601 - 3610 of 3707 | Page: 1 ...352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371

Forum » Thread

Gearlist update
Here is an update of my gearlist, not for the contest. It should work in neooffice or windows excel. http://hometown.aol.com/rhd101/Gearlistv51.xls Enter text in upper left Save document fr...

In Gear Lists » Gearlist update
December 23, 2:09pm

Re: looking for gear list which build list based on expected conditions
It could be Vick Hines and Joshua Mitchell entry.

In Gear Lists » BPL Gear List Spreadsheet CONTEST
December 23, 2:04pm

Re: Titanium Goat Bivy
Specifications: Size: 80" long, 60" chest girth, 38" foot girth. Man that seems small. Even the equinox bivi has about 70" chest and 97" length.

In GEAR » Titanium Goat Bivy
December 23, 9:47am

Re: Alcohol in Winter
Interesting. I have not tried it. I say go ahead and try it, but be in a group when you do so you (and they) can monitor the effects.

In Winter Hiking » Alcohol in Winter
December 19, 7:05am

Re: Saving Ryan's privates--a gear story
I made a .pdf file of the gearlist. http://hometown.aol.com/rhd101/BPL_SUL_Winter_Challenge.pdf

In Gear Lists » Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
December 18, 2:40pm

Re: Condensation problems in Vapr Bivy. Suggestions?
Do you think the reason is because the silnylon "bathtub" floor comes up a little too high on the sides? Individual perspiration must be considered but that might be ruled out if it happens to enou...

In GEAR » Condensation problems in Vapr Bivy. Suggestions?
December 17, 8:06pm

Re: Input on John Shannon's entry
Kevin, I added in the subtotals for ounces/grams in an updated spreadsheet that is a bit better than my contest submission. Is that what units you wanted for it? As for the lbs-oz thing, that would...

In Gear Lists » 2005 Backpacking Light Trip Planning Spreadsheet Contest Entries
December 17, 6:25pm

Re: Tyvek breathability
Thanks Vick. I'll check those out.

In Make Your Own Gear » Tyvek as a tarp?
December 16, 7:58pm

Re: John Shannon's Spreadsheet
Adding a row: 1. Insert row- Place cursor (highlites the cell) in area you want to add a row. The row will be added above where you place the cursor. Then go to insert menu and select row. 2. ...

In Gear Lists » 2005 Backpacking Light Trip Planning Spreadsheet Contest Entries
December 16, 5:12am

Re: spreedsheet downloading blues
Thanks Kevin. --------- Kevin said, Thanks John and Kenneth. Got it. Nice SS, John.

December 15, 6:12pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm